GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,085
1 members and 1,084 guests
Sarak24034

Old 05-30-2008, 08:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
My cousin's fiance watched an OSU game in the hotel while the groomsmen were "getting ready" (translation: having drinks). The game wasn't supposed to be over until like 30 minutes after the ceremony was supposed to start. The ceremony ended up running a half hour late because the guys were dressed, but didn't want to leave the game (since there was only 30 minutes left). Everybody in the world called up to their hotel room (her mom, his mom, me, the planner), but they didn't answer because they had decided they weren't leaving the hotel room until the game was over. They strolled into the church a half hour late and she was furious (but it's funny to them now).
Um..how about no. That was disrespectful to EVERYONE who attended. And an amazing sign of "unfailing love" to the bride. I know I'm going to be a bridezilla, b/c I would have told homeboy to step after that, I couldn't marry his behind. Your cousin's super nice! (But she's related to you so she must be!)
Old 05-30-2008, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
My cousin's fiance watched an OSU game in the hotel while the groomsmen were "getting ready" (translation: having drinks). The game wasn't supposed to be over until like 30 minutes after the ceremony was supposed to start. The ceremony ended up running a half hour late because the guys were dressed, but didn't want to leave the game (since there was only 30 minutes left). Everybody in the world called up to their hotel room (her mom, his mom, me, the planner), but they didn't answer because they had decided they weren't leaving the hotel room until the game was over. They strolled into the church a half hour late and she was furious (but it's funny to them now).
I could totally see J doing that! I don't think I'd be nice about it but I wouldn't flip either. Knowing me, I'd be running late anyway and would welcome someone else to blame for the ceremony starting late
Old 05-30-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SthrnZeta View Post
I could totally see J doing that! I don't think I'd be nice about it but I wouldn't flip either. Knowing me, I'd be running late anyway and would welcome someone else to blame for the ceremony starting late
Yeah she's one of the few brides I know who were actually on time and waiting for everyone else. I have never been in or to a wedding (besides hers) where the bride was not running late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyPiNK_FL View Post
Um..how about no. That was disrespectful to EVERYONE who attended. And an amazing sign of "unfailing love" to the bride. I know I'm going to be a bridezilla, b/c I would have told homeboy to step after that.
Wow really? LOL. Yes she was upset (because guests had been waiting), but obviously didn't think it was worth a blowout and an argument because when you think about it, your wedding (while a wonderful and important day for 2 people), is just one day in the rest of your lives. And who wants to say that they had a blowup on their hubby on their wedding day because he was 30 minutes late and it ruined the rest of the evening?

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 05-30-2008 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:12 AM
GreekChat Member

I just want to know why cake is so expensive ! I got a quote for 14 dollars a slice !!!! And its not a terribly complex design idea
Old 08-31-2008, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I am finally getting some pictures from friends...here is our cake.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkyphimu View Post

I am finally getting some pictures from friends...here is our cake.

Awww, how pretty!!!
Life Member Fall 2008
Be a Leader, Be a Friend, Be of Service
Old 08-31-2008, 07:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Some rather disturbing cakes:

PSimissU

Last edited by SOPi_Jawbreaker; 08-31-2008 at 07:39 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to bluefish81
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOPi_Jawbreaker View Post

Can't believe these cakes are real. Is this the kind of cake for brides that think the day is only about them?
Old 08-31-2008, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefish81 View Post
Can't believe these cakes are real. Is this the kind of cake for brides that think the day is only about them?
I think that one might have been a divorce cake...which makes me Are there women having divorce parties? And it looks like it could have been a beautiful wedding cake, but then it was made into a awful, gruesome divorce cake, so that's why I posted it.

PSimissU
Old 08-31-2008, 09:25 PM
GreekChat Member

I need to figure out what I want my cake to look like... need to meet with the baker in a few weeks. We're less than 8 weeks to go until the wedding. ARGH! Invites went out today. Shower is in less than 2 weeks. Work is getting busy. Getting in panic mode!!!
Old 08-31-2008, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to bluefish81
Quote:
I think that one might have been a divorce cake...which makes me Are there women having divorce parties? And it looks like it could have been a beautiful wedding cake, but then it was made into a awful, gruesome divorce cake, so that's why I posted it.
OMG! Seriously? Divorce parties? Are there invitations for these events? I don't agree with a three-tiered cake to celebrate your divorce. Granted, I'm single, so what do I know? But as someone who is about to have a divorced friend....if she were to have a party, I'm thinking a shoe shaped cake would be more appropriate. It would also be much more attractive.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
Quote:
I remembered seeing a cake like that in a story about Shanna Moaklar's divorce party when she and Travis Barker broke up. I actually found the pic:

Last edited by nittanyalum; 08-31-2008 at 11:02 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:57 PM

That Shana Moakler cake is disgusting.

For those interested, that "Amazing Wedding Cakes" show premieres next Sunday on WE (after Bridezilla).

Lakers Nation.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
Arg, so my fiance and I have had some wedding cake drama! Our bakery, who has baked every cake I've ever had, has been forced to close due to the economy/horrific fire last year. So, the scramble was on to find a new baker (t-minus 2.5 months till WDay). My aunt and mom, being the networking ladies that they are, found a baker that used to work at a bakery they both went to when they were little. Apparently he's gone into a sort of "cottage" business of his own with one of the other bakers, and they do wedding cakes and cookies in Pittsburgh. He said he could replicate any cake we threw at him, so the search was on, because I decided to change the original cake idea. So, this is what I've found, and he's agreed to do this for us (in buttercream, not fondant (blech!))

From the knot

Old 09-03-2008, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixAzul View Post
Arg, so my fiance and I have had some wedding cake drama! Our bakery, who has baked every cake I've ever had, has been forced to close due to the economy/horrific fire last year. So, the scramble was on to find a new baker (t-minus 2.5 months till WDay). My aunt and mom, being the networking ladies that they are, found a baker that used to work at a bakery they both went to when they were little. Apparently he's gone into a sort of "cottage" business of his own with one of the other bakers, and they do wedding cakes and cookies in Pittsburgh. He said he could replicate any cake we threw at him, so the search was on, because I decided to change the original cake idea. So, this is what I've found, and he's agreed to do this for us (in buttercream, not fondant (blech!))

From the knot

Gorgeous!!!