GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,472
0 members and 1,472 guests
No Members online

Old 07-17-2012, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

Syfy's School Spirits did one on a sorority house a couple of week ago but you could tell that whoever did the story was not Greek because of the misuse of Greek terms. Like they said something about the group initiating this girl but as they were saying it, they had these girls jumping up and down outside her room and welcoming her and giving her balloons, Pledging, probably. And get this--the name (fake, obviously) that they gave the sorority was Gamma Alpha Gamma, yeah I want to go pledge GAG. However, on the outside of the house, they had the letters "Gamma Alpha Psi", which looked like a big "GAY".
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-17-2012, 09:03 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^Luckily, to non-Greeks, Gamma Alpha Psi looks more like "RAY" than "GAY".
Old 07-17-2012, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionTamer View Post
I'm guessing it was a TB hospice or sanitarium - there used to be a lot of those out West (where the air was "better").

At Penn State, we had boring dorms for the sororities, and houses that started out as fraternities for the guys. The only ghosts I heard about was the ghost of "Old Coaly", a donkey that used to live on campus- not exactly terrifying.

We have, however, had a bunch of very creepy unsolved murders/disappearances - a girl raped and killed on her way from the bus station in the 40s, a grad student stabbed in the heart in the library stacks in the late 60s, someone stabbed in her apartment in the 90s, and, a few years ago, a Korean student simply vanished.

The murder in the library stacks has become legendary, and is often used to frighten freshmen...
I lived at the apartment complex she disappeared from. Cindy was her name. We have googled it over and over. In college we used to joke our apartment was haunted because things disappeared, we could find random clothing in our laundry (small bras that wouldn't fit any of us, socks, shirts, etc) and we would always hear sounds. Halloween was creepiest because she disappeared after coming home from a Halloween party. We started thinking she had lived in our apartment. It was creepy. However, we would just try to talk to her. Like if things disappeared, we'd be like "okay, Cindy, give it back." Earlier this year they thought they may have found her body.... I personally didn't want to hear any more about it.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't know why I keep reading this thread while I'm alone in a creepy office building.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

I am also bumping this one for LikeASista, seeing as it's Octoberrrrr!
Old 10-03-2012, 01:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anniebell View Post
Yeah, the Kappa Headquarters is on some registry in columbus of haunted places. It is part of a tour through the city they give at halloween. The ghost is known as the lady in the pink dress and is suppossed to be the old mistress of the inn. Before Kappa bought the house it was an old mansion that was eventually turned into a boarding home or something andshe was the landlord and was known to wander the hallsin pink pajams to check on her boarders. They say she protects all tha Kappas who stay in the mansion now. Creepy, but cool.
My relative has stayed at Kappa Headquarters and has definitely confirmed this ghost. She was put on the third floor alone while everybody else was on the second floor. The next morning, a lady sleeping on the second floor asked her why she was furiously packing and making loud noises at 3 in the morning above her room. My relative was in a room down the hall from the said room and was sound asleep at that time. She's also heard MANY creepy noises up there.

Also regarding to Ted Bundy,

A friend of mine's mom was attending University of Oregon. She was at the intersection of 13th and Kincaid (around where the bars were) when a "good-looking guy in a yellow bug" tried to pick her up and take her home so she wouldn't have to walk home. She denied the ride thankfully, and recognized his face when they caught him. So. Scary.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittanygirl View Post
I lived at the apartment complex she disappeared from. Cindy was her name. We have googled it over and over. In college we used to joke our apartment was haunted because things disappeared, we could find random clothing in our laundry (small bras that wouldn't fit any of us, socks, shirts, etc) and we would always hear sounds. Halloween was creepiest because she disappeared after coming home from a Halloween party. We started thinking she had lived in our apartment. It was creepy. However, we would just try to talk to her. Like if things disappeared, we'd be like "okay, Cindy, give it back." Earlier this year they thought they may have found her body.... I personally didn't want to hear any more about it.
Did you live at State College Park? That's where I used to live and I was told it was that apartment complex where she came up missing. I was told that her disappearance had something to do with a major mob-hit. Not sure why. Apparently, someone confessed to her death while he was in a federal pennitentary. Don't quote me on it but, that is what I was told.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Just saw this, and yes I did live there!! I did not hear the story having to do with a major mob hit though! Now that I don't live there, I kind of am interested in finding out more about it!
Old 11-07-2012, 08:31 PM
GreekChat Member

This is about my chapter specifically.
I am not sure how long ago, but we had a new member named Heather who was on track to be initiated when she was killed in a car accident just weeks before initiation. We initiated her after her death, as well as her mother, and the school donated a rock that sits outside the residence hall she had lived in. Each year we paint the rock red, and spray paint "Hez" (her nick name) and the initials of all the active sisters.
Hez haunts the Chi Omega house on campus. She likes to play tricks on the sisters, by opening and closing doors and cupboards, playing the piano, moving objects around the room, etc.
Also, Hez was a resident of the first floor of Flo, and every year since her death Chi Omega has gotten a new member from that floor. May be a coincidence, but we don't think it is, this campus is tiny but not that tiny! haha.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateee View Post
This is about my chapter specifically.
I am not sure how long ago, but we had a new member named Heather who was on track to be initiated when she was killed in a car accident just weeks before initiation. We initiated her after her death, as well as her mother...
Post-mortem initiation?? Oh. My. WAY creepy to me.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

I've heard of a few cases of post-mortem initiation, can't remember details now.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

Bump for October 2013! I'll try to find that other one too.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
Post-mortem initiation?? Oh. My. WAY creepy to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
I've heard of a few cases of post-mortem initiation, can't remember details now.
The Alpha Rho chapter of Phi Sigma Pi lost an initiate in the VT shooting. The brotherhood voted the previous night and officially confirmed her initiation which was scheduled for 3 days later. Following the shooting, she was posthumously initiated via her big with the rest of her initiate class. She was buried in Phi Sig letters.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrmondBeachGirl View Post
The SIGEP house at FSU use to be the old AOPI house... They killed a sister for some wierd reason everyone says they are witches!! and the house is haunted.. I should know I went to Bessie's Ball and man Bessie haunts that house... AOPI is banned forever at FSU because of that.. There is a tunnel that leads from sigep to her grave sight... Which btw faces WEST not EAST like all the others.... Freaky!!!! ---I am proud to be a FL Gator---
Reading through the old posts here and found it amusing that AOII is banned forever from FSU and that they are sister-killing witches.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Ha ha...I never saw that. I guess our new chapter of "witches" are in trouble!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!