GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24

Old 02-06-2018, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator

But do the presenters know they aren't following normal protocol? Could it be the GL officer is fudging the numbers?

And why would the regional NPC rep not be all over this like a frog on a junebug? Something makes me want to say this dog don't hunt.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
There are no schools that match this description in Irish Pipes thread. There are no schools that have added 3 NPC chapters in 2 years.... This makes me question the validity of the information being presented, or if all the groups are actually NPC groups rather than local or other groups that participate in the school cpc?

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 02-06-2018, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
No. That was not what I said. I'd ask why they were not following the guidelines- which, btw, they voted to adhere to.
My post wasn't a response to your post. I was posting independently from what you said. I wanted to know if National Panhellenic Council "headquarters" can reprimand any [inter]national member GLO for presenting at a campus that didn't follow the guidelines. My post #18 on the previous page quotes the MOI and it appears that member GLOs would have gotten the notice for the expansion opportunity from NPC HQ and not the Greek Life director.

True and Constant

Last edited by navane; 02-06-2018 at 08:56 PM.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:56 AM
GreekChat Member

No,NPC cannot officially reprimand it's members. And yes, the GL office should have followed the procedure but supposedly did not.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl2000 View Post
There are no schools that match this description in Irish Pipes thread. There are no schools that have added 3 NPC chapters in 2 years.... This makes me question the validity of the information being presented, or if all the groups are actually NPC groups rather than local or other groups that participate in the school cpc?
I, too, have wondered about this thread since its inception. There is only one campus I can think of with anything remotely similar as far as descriptions as given by the OP. For the sake of the OPs privacy I will not mention which campus I'm thinking of, but it had multiple locals that became NPCs and IDK if additional locals are desiring NPC colonization and if so whether if those local groups are being very particular (with the greek life officer's generous assistance) about whom they invite to present.
Old 02-10-2018, 01:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Living in a dog eat dog world while wearing Milkbone underwear
I'm sorry I haven't responded earlier... I couldn't log onto this site.

To those of you who question the veracity of my situation, I invite you to send me a pm and I will happily tell you what campus I represent.

Something that I learned from reading threads on this forum is that you never know who is lurking. Because of that, some minor details were changed to protect my chapter's anonymity. I hope you can respect that.
Old 02-10-2018, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator

It is difficult to offer sound advice when one is not privy to complete/correct/true information.
Old 02-10-2018, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Doesn't NPC normally announce when a campus is open for expansion? I'd think any NPC group would be very suspicious if a request for a packet came from the school, but NPC had not announced the campus was open.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I believe the Greek Life Advisor cherry picked who was going to present after the groups sent packets, not who 'was sent' packets, because NPC orgs SEND the packets, they don't RECEIVE them. I think if they continue to convey information to their NPC Delegate and the Area Advisor, word will spread among the NPCs and people will not want to open new chapters there. Nobody wants to use the resources it takes to start a new chapter without knowing they will have a decent size chapter.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:55 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^ Amen to that. NPC groups are savvy enough to ask for numbers and figure out whether an opportunity is high-risk.

AND, Hi AGDee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't be a stranger!