GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Social

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,391
1 members and 1,390 guests
janesstexxda745

Old 12-14-2004, 06:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PinkSigma3

"Asshole" (NMs dress in stupid costumes and have to say one line when people first start talking to them)

Um, yeah, can we say hazing?
Old 12-14-2004, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kddani
Um, yeah, can we say hazing?
can we say don't put your chapter name in your sig if you're going to talk about it?

pinksigma3, for your chapter's sake, please step away from the keyboard or at least edit. This is a very very very small place with LOTS of Penna area people on it.
Old 12-14-2004, 07:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to WVU alpha phi
i really like the north and south idea that rebelsweetheart mentioned, and the cops and robbers idea! one of my best friends is our new social so now i can give her good ideas.

some of our mixers have been..
-golf pro - tennis hoe
-grafitti party
-hell's angels (guys dress as devils, girls as angels)
-80s theme
-cowboys/cowgirls
-school girl
-i dont think this one had a name, but we were tied at the wrist to a guy all night (going to the bathroom and all.. it was interesting)

..we've had a bunch more but i can't remember all of them now!
Old 12-14-2004, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
We did the handcuff thing too and called it Jailbreak and that was pretty fun. We've also done the whole 80's thing and that's always popular - we even played Nintendo, LOL. I think the Graffiti mixer with TKE was our most popular though - where everyone writes on each other's shirts, cuz then you have a great souvenir!
Old 12-14-2004, 07:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SthrnZeta
We did the handcuff thing too and called it Jailbreak and that was pretty fun. We've also done the whole 80's thing and that's always popular - we even played Nintendo, LOL. I think the Graffiti mixer with TKE was our most popular though - where everyone writes on each other's shirts, cuz then you have a great souvenir!
Yeah it's always fun to see your shirt the morning after.
OK and next time we have an 80s party, im totally breaking out the nintendo. i used to dominate at duck hunt!
Old 12-18-2004, 10:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PinkSigma3
Quote:
Originally posted by 33girl
can we say don't put your chapter name in your sig if you're going to talk about it?

pinksigma3, for your chapter's sake, please step away from the keyboard or at least edit. This is a very very very small place with LOTS of Penna area people on it.
We didnt do it....jesus. It was just a list of things ive heard of. jump down my throat please
Old 12-19-2004, 03:07 AM
GreekChat Member

One theme used is b!tch and a bottle. the sorority provides a bottle of liquor for each member, probably a bit smaller, and the fraternity provides the beer. Each sorority and fraternity member is tied up to a partner randomly selected. u cannot be untied till the bottle is finished. u could get an ice block to make the bottle go down smoother.
Old 12-19-2004, 08:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jdub88
One theme used is b!tch and a bottle. the sorority provides a bottle of liquor for each member, probably a bit smaller, and the fraternity provides the beer. Each sorority and fraternity member is tied up to a partner randomly selected. u cannot be untied till the bottle is finished. u could get an ice block to make the bottle go down smoother.
oh dear lord.
Old 12-19-2004, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PinkSigma3
We didnt do it....jesus. It was just a list of things ive heard of. jump down my throat please
We had no idea of that from your post. You should think about being more particular about what you say and making it clear if your chapter didn't do it. You have your affiliation and chapter listed clearly. Many sorority's HQ's do look in on these boards, many officers are members, etc. Do you want to be the one responsible for getting your chapter under investigation for something it did or didn't do?
Old 12-20-2004, 12:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Kristi, ZP
I'm a Theta at UC San Diego. We did an Italian wedding theme. Basically, black skirts, fishnets, funeral veils, and mafia suits for the guys. We paired off, each with one guy and 'married' them. It was fun to get to know the guys in the chapter, but this is not recommened for chapters of unequal proportions.

------------------
Kristi Marie
we have something similar like this...called marriage mixers. basically everyone starts in the basement single...then has to pass a test to move up to dating and up a floor....then same for getting engage and finally married. the tests are funny little dorky things. it was really fun!
Old 12-20-2004, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

The Phi Psi house at my school has a little chapel right behind it. Every year we do a "wedding party" with phi psi and it is SO much fun! We pick a senior guy and a senior girl to get married, and we have bachelor and bachelorette parties beforehand. The girls just drink together at one of the sisters' houses but I think last year the guys actually went to a strip club and drank. Anyways then we have the wedding, complete with bridesmaids and ushers and a minister and since everyone is drunk, it's hilarious. They give speeches about embarrassing stuff the bride and groom have done over the past 4 years and everything. I can't wait till we have ours this year!