GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,632
0 members and 1,632 guests
No Members online

Old 03-22-2005, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
Quote:
Originally posted by Taualumna
I know of two Lush stores in Toronto. There might be more. I have used some of their products, but I agree that they do have a very strong smell.

Oh and speaking of "import" stores, I just heard that Mango, a Spanish clothing chain is coming to Canada in the spring!!

www.mango.com
Yep, I know for a fact that one will be opening in Sherway Gardens.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-23-2005, 11:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by roqueemae
And I thought that "Lush" with an "ie" referred to a female drunk.
I was worried that lushies were people who liked to dress up as their favorite alcoholic beverage and have sex with each other.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
I was worried that lushies were people who liked to dress up as their favorite alcoholic beverage and have sex with each other.

You've found out my secret.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Taualumna
Oh and speaking of "import" stores, I just heard that Mango, a Spanish clothing chain is coming to Canada in the spring!!
Now THAT is cool - I love Mango!
Old 03-27-2005, 01:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Just did some damage at the Lush in Burnaby, BC today! WOO HOO!

MMM bath melt
Two Timing Tart Bubble Bar
Bollywood Bath bomb
Old 03-27-2005, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Lush is awesome! Thank goodness for the Internet...we probably won't get a Lush store here until I'm ninety.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I just got my LUSH stuff today! I went into the store a few years ago when I was in Ireland, but I didn't buy anything. I caved in a few weeks back and ordered some products online. They just came in, and I'm thrilled! Mmmm, yummy bubble bath bar and bath bombs!!
Old 01-28-2006, 07:04 PM

Ahhh another convert! I did some hella damage at Lush over the Christmas holidays because I got some gift certs for Christmas and my birthday. The fact that they had a killer sales promotion was a great factor

My new favorite product is the Dream Cream

Quote:
Originally posted by UofISigKap
I just got my LUSH stuff today! I went into the store a few years ago when I was in Ireland, but I didn't buy anything. I caved in a few weeks back and ordered some products online. They just came in, and I'm thrilled! Mmmm, yummy bubble bath bar and bath bombs!!
Old 01-30-2006, 07:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I wasn't sure if this was about lushes or Lush, but I had to read it either way.

I LOVE Lush!!!! A friend from Trois-Rivières first introduced it to me. Since then I've visited the stores in Toronto and bought online, and I've been to their new store in Windsor too!

I think their products are strong but not overwhelming.
Right now I'm loving Woosh shower jelly - It's so citrusy and great for the morning. Also I started using their shampoo and conditioner(Jungle) in November. I've never been too finicky about my hair, so I find it works well. At least it looks good most the time!

I also took a big leap and tried the aroma creme deoderant. I was nervous about this because i usually use anti-perspirant since I sweat alot - but 1) the "micropowder" does help with the sweat and 2) it doesn't bother me as much since it smells good instead of sweaty. Sometimes I think I'm sweating less -not sure if this is true though (my activity has increased since I started dance lessons and now go to the gym).

What was great was realizing my supervisor at work also loves LUSH. I gave her the ruby red slipper bubble bar since I don't own a bathtub anymore. It's nice to be able to talkLush with someone!
Old 01-30-2006, 08:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh wow...I just used the Butterball, and my skin is just so soft. I'll need to stock up on these 'bad boys.' I'm not so sure about the Candy Fluff though...
Old 01-30-2006, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

The Lush closest to my house closed last spring. At least the Eaton Centre isn't that far away from me. The old Lush spot has been taken over by a women's clothing chain.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I really like some of the holiday fragrances that were out. The Snow Fairy gel is super sweet, and makes a nice shampoo. Angel's Delight might be my all time favorite Lush soap.

I love the ballistics; they are so much fun. I think my favorites are Tisty Tosty/ Softy, the Honey ballistic, and Uluru.

I haven't really tried the face products. How do they compare to Body Shop or Aveda?
Old 01-31-2006, 09:12 AM
GreekChat Member

I happened to be at the Marshal Field's in Water Tower Place this weekend, and they now have a Lush mini-boutique inside the store. I bought a few bath bombs that smell soooo good and make lots of bubbles.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
*bump*

So Lush is having a pretty amazing in-store promotion this week, and since I've been hearing all sorts my friends rave about Lush products, what better time to try them?

I bought Dream Cream and Ol' Blue Skies Is Back shower gel and got the Wild Child gift for free.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:14 PM

let's not talk about that! Since My Birthday is on Thursday, Mr. 1228 told me to go to Lush and get what I wanted.

I came home with 6 free gifts and a huge assed haul! Put it this way: My free gifts retailed about $300 I came outta there with 2 huge assed shopping bags. Woulda gotten more but I had to schlep everything to the subway

My American Express was screaming!

BTW I lurve Old Blue Skies and Dream Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Havana View Post
*bump*

So Lush is having a pretty amazing in-store promotion this week, and since I've been hearing all sorts my friends rave about Lush products, what better time to try them?

I bought Dream Cream and Ol' Blue Skies Is Back shower gel and got the Wild Child gift for free.