GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,447
3 members and 1,444 guests
FSUZeta, Kevin, PGD-GRAD

Old 10-31-2003, 11:16 AM
wreckingcrew

Seriously, F*** all this noise

Y'all know what's fun?

When you're driving down an icy road to work and the next thing you know you're fishtailing PERPENDICULAR to the road. Yeah, that was freakin' great.

Here's me, Mr. Displaced Texan, trying to steer into the swerve cuz i think i remembered that from Driver's Ed 8 years ago, with my hands clamped on the wheel, praying to God that i don't die in some God-forsaken barren wasteland of southern South Dakota and that i want to see Texas and Aggieland once more before i die.

Had a car been coming the other way, i'd have been T-boned right there, 8 miles from my house. I only smoke when i'm drunk, but i had to smoke 3 cigarettes over the rest of the drive to calm myself down.

so yeah, a great start to a halloween friday.

Kitso
KS 361 times those people that tell you your life flashes before your eyes when you're about to die are full of crap
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-31-2003, 12:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to absolutuscchick
I'm glad you're ok!
Old 10-31-2003, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Seriously, F*** all this noise

Quote:
Originally posted by AggieSigmaNu361
I only smoke when i'm drunk, but i had to smoke 3 cigarettes over the rest of the drive to calm myself down.
LOL...
Old 10-31-2003, 12:58 PM
GreekChat Member

holy crap yes please be careful.....

yeah after my adventure into Utah with sisters a few years ago, I learned I never want to live where it ices and snows like that!
Old 10-31-2003, 01:00 PM

And this is why I will never live in the north, and cant wait to get out of Kentucky and move further south
Old 10-31-2003, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Driving in the North is NOT THAT BAD. You just need to be careful and look out for black ice and SLOW DOWN when there is crap on the road. This will be my 5th winter of driving in Wisconsin and I've fishtailed twice - once when going down a hill in the snow in a tiny little 1992 Protege, and once on I-94 in GPBoys rear-wheel drive Chevy truck. The freeway was obviously much more scary but we were just fine.

Just slow down and look at the road, you'll be FINE.
Old 10-31-2003, 01:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Ice driving takes time and effort to learn. Just go slow, and make your turns even slower. Don't worry about the ass behind you honking his horn cuz you're goin to slow... he'll be the sorry one when he ends up in a ditch.

You'll get the hang of it.

KLTC
Old 10-31-2003, 01:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Welcome to my life...only difference is you've got a truck and I drive a geo prizm...WANNA TRADE and experience slick snow in a death trap? J/K

Glad you're okay!
Old 10-31-2003, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

If they are allowed in South Dakota get studded tires.

And

SLOW DOWN.

I drove a 96 Plymouth Neon all over the roads of Alaska and even before the studded tires I rarely slid. Your vehicle is higher and that will cause you to tip easier. Also make sure you have a tow rope, just incase you need to get pulled out or to pull someone else out.
Old 10-31-2003, 02:45 PM

Had to take Mrs. DeltAlum to the airport early this morning. It was sleeting at the time. Passed three roll-overs, one of which was a fatal which closed the freeway.

I've driven in cold country all my life. Seems to me there are a couple of important things to remember.

First, everyone who drives a big 4WD whatever needs to realize that they may get going faster, but everyone has 4WS (that's four wheel stop). SUV's and pickups going too fast aren't safe.

Second, moderation and consistancy are the most important thing in snow and ice conditions. If you don't try to start or stop too fast, and you don't get your tires spinning or skidding, you're probably gonna be OK.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 10-31-2003, 04:09 PM
wreckingcrew

Quote:
Originally posted by GeekyPenguin
Driving in the North is NOT THAT BAD. You just need to be careful and look out for black ice and SLOW DOWN when there is crap on the road. This will be my 5th winter of driving in Wisconsin and I've fishtailed twice - once when going down a hill in the snow in a tiny little 1992 Protege, and once on I-94 in GPBoys rear-wheel drive Chevy truck. The freeway was obviously much more scary but we were just fine.

Just slow down and look at the road, you'll be FINE.
jeez,

even when you're trying to be nice(at least i think you are) you still come across as a condescending witch. Hard for me to tell which is colder, the weather outside or you.

I am ok, yes.

But seriously, are you?

Kitso
KS 361
Old 10-31-2003, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AggieSigmaNu361
jeez,

even when you're trying to be nice(at least i think you are) you still come across as a condescending witch. Hard for me to tell which is colder, the weather outside or you.

I am ok, yes.

But seriously, are you?

Kitso
KS 361

Nope.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Dood!

That wouldda sucked if you would have died and stuff.

Did I mention that it was 87 degrees here today for a high? I feel your pain tho. Its supposed to dip to 70 tonight. Burrr. If I turn the A/C low enough I might need the blanket.

Oh yeah, Corry Morrow tomorrow night at Gruene Hall. See you there?

Seriosuly, stay safe jack ass.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:44 PM

Yes.......75 degrees here today, tomorrow and sunday :P hehehehe I LOVE THE SOUTH!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2003, 02:52 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm gonna blame you John if it starts snowing here in Nebraska....seriously, I HATE THE COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry, i've had a lot to drink tonight...nothing but love