GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,542
2 members and 2,540 guests
Phrozen Sands

Old 06-10-2001, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

THANK YOU, ecukd. That's been what I was trying to say all along
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-10-2001, 06:25 AM
GreekChat Member

I say to the girl, "Suck it up and move on!" She can try again or maybe she needs to 'come home' and act right.

------------------
MCCOYRED
Mu Psi '86
BaltCo Alumnae

Dynamic...Salient...Temperate...Since 1913
Old 06-10-2001, 01:01 PM

It is sad that the greek system is seen in such a bad light. But honestly we really should think how much of this can be blamed on us. True no one can say what happened behind closed doors. But facts do say this young lady did seem overwhelmingly qualified to make it to at least second round. I very seriously doubt that she was anything other than corgial at most of the houses. She undoubtly has been through simular interview situations to get into the High School she attended, unless Alabama's School of Math is different than the one in my state. As an outsider to the sistuation it does seem that her lack of a bid was due to some superfical fact, which most people that have ever lived south of the masion dixion line know. Personally I have lived in the southern states all my life and I have expiranced racism from every race, so I do find it hard to believe that this young lady was not cut by at least on house based on her race. It is discusting.
As far as that statements of all blonde chapters ect. I am one of the few blonde members in my chapter, and I do get called a ditz-- but I am far from one. But one my campus there do seem to be some chapters which have an overwhelming type of individuals. but I can't say that they were chosen based on their looks because I did not sit in on their memebership selection. These are the facts that I have expiranced with in my short life time which really makes it hard to conclude that the young lady did not expirance some sort of injustice.
Old 06-10-2001, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

It's sad that this is even an issue, and its things like this that make me dislike the south. Grow up people, I cannot beleive that after all these yaers such states like Alabama are stuck in their old ways!Who cares what color she is, does her color determine her sisterhood? And by the Lexi you do not speak for all of us!