GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,450
1 members and 2,449 guests
Tridentia

Old 10-21-2004, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAngel126
Joint Problems

Anyone else have joint problems?? Especially shoulder and/or knee?? What is the problem and what has your remedy been thus far?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-22-2004, 01:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
Knee pain from being kicked by a horse when I was younger. Also agrivated by my marathon training and cycling. Solution? Heat and lots of it. I take a joint suppliment as well and wear a support when I run. Having good shoes helps too!

my shoulder pain was caused by subluxation from swimming (quick version...muscles in front of your shoulder that hold your arm in the rotator cuff are overdeveloped, ones in back are super weak, it's really common among swimmers). Solution? PT.
Old 10-22-2004, 02:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAngel126
Quote:
Originally posted by PhoenixAzul

my shoulder pain was caused by subluxation from swimming (quick version...muscles in front of your shoulder that hold your arm in the rotator cuff are overdeveloped, ones in back are super weak, it's really common among swimmers). Solution? PT.
I guess this was my main question. About 5 years ago, I went to my orthopod with some serious shoulder pain. He never did an X-Ray or MRI, but just from feeling the movement and comparing shoulders, decided that it was subluxation (from swimming, dancing, tennis, goalie in soccer, gymnastics, etc) and had me do PT. I did the PT for a few months and it really helped - - haven't had any problems since. As of last night, though, it's back - -with a vengence!! It's never hurt like this before and it's not the same sensation by any means. It still dislocates (it always has, regardless of therapy/exercise), so I don't think that's the main problem. I have to go in Monday to get it checked out, but I'm a little nervous. I don't know what to expect - - Knees are my specialty, not shoulders!!
Old 10-22-2004, 06:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
well, if it has been dislocating,and doing so on a regular basis, it might have caused some sort of orthopedic problem. I get what you're saying though, mine still hurts a lot when it first gets cold (I feel like a war veteran). I hope its nothing serious and that you get straigtened out!
Old 10-22-2004, 08:22 AM
GreekChat Member

glucosamine and chonroitin seems to help...
the price at walgreen will scare you. you can get it on the internet for practically nothing.
Old 10-23-2004, 11:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
I have very bad arthritis in my knees and my ankles always crack and cramp. Nothing over the counter works, as far as I know. The only thing that works for me is a really good knee brace.

KLTC
Old 10-23-2004, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to damasa Send a message via AIM to damasa Send a message via Yahoo to damasa
Ah, when I first read the title of this thread I thought you were talking about smoking the reef....

THE REEF!
Old 10-23-2004, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
My boyfriend had shoulder problems that turned out to be a torn rotator cuff. He had surgery the day after Labor Day and is still recuperating. He goes to physical therapy and still wears a sling.
Old 10-24-2004, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RioLambdaAlum Send a message via Yahoo to RioLambdaAlum
knee problems are my specialty. i have been to physical therapy 4 times for it. one once for my ankle. lets see once before surgery and 3 times after. go figure.
also other joints.
Old 10-24-2004, 02:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Hell, wait till you get mature!

Rotator Cuff, yep had it and not back screwed up a knee from just tuning around.

Right Thumb hurts like hell in Da Joint, and the middle tight finger when I stretch it the wrong way hurts like hell!

Sure screws up a golf game if I could find time to play any more!.

Actually when first read the Topic, thought about the Joints I was not allowed back into again!

" A Thousand Gin Joints and I find you in one"

LX Z # 1
Alumni

Last edited by Tom Earp; 10-24-2004 at 02:39 PM.
Old 10-24-2004, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Knee problems...but don't want to get them checked out, as it may result in me being told not to run on city streets anymore. Also, I've had more serious health problems lately, so my knees have been the least of my problems.
Old 10-24-2004, 07:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I have 2 bad knees, and the worse one is probably gonna have to be replaced eventually. Prescription meds don't seem to help a lot. Aleve helps more than most anything, that and a heating pad at the end of the day. I've heard that alfalfa helps but I haven't tried it.
Old 10-24-2004, 08:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Quote:
Originally posted by tinydancer
I have 2 bad knees, and the worse one is probably gonna have to be replaced eventually. Prescription meds don't seem to help a lot. Aleve helps more than most anything, that and a heating pad at the end of the day. I've heard that alfalfa helps but I haven't tried it.
Have you tried Pain Free or Glucosamine Chondroitin? Those help my boyfriend along with ibuprofen.
Old 10-24-2004, 11:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Peaches-n-Cream
Have you tried Pain Free or Glucosamine Chondroitin? Those help my boyfriend along with ibuprofen.
I'll try that. There seem to be a ton of similar products at the Walgreens - so many that it's confusing. I look and look but never knew what to try.
Old 10-25-2004, 12:07 AM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally posted by damasa
Ah, when I first read the title of this thread I thought you were talking about smoking the reef....

THE REEF!
That's the only kind of joint problems I've ever had.