GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,144
2 members and 1,142 guests
PGD-GRAD, Xidelt

Old 12-23-2015, 07:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking Girly thread--hair version

I'm currently a dyed light auburn (naturally dark brown) and a friend has been coloring my hair for over a year (she also trims it). She's colored her hair for years and after I went to a posh salon and asked for light auburn (even showed the stylist pictures), I wound up with a severe deep deep almost eggplant color. I didn't go back. However, I've been strawberry blonde before and want to try that again, but my last salon mishap has shied me away from that. Any recommendations on colors? I'm terrified of looking brassy. I've been that color before (and lighter) and know I can carry it off. For my reds, I've been using L'Oreal's line.
Old 12-24-2015, 03:04 PM

This was passed along from one of the stylists I used to work with. It's a great explanation of color theory that us non-stylists can understand. My hair is very similar to the reality star pictured as an example, and I've been pretty much every color in her collage except the last (blondest) one. I'm well over 50% stubborn grey at this point, so eventually I'm sure I'll get to the blondest color one of these days!

Color Theory by @vixenhair