GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 1,438
1 members and 1,437 guests
Xidelt

Old 08-18-2010, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Wedding shower games (for women & men)

My best friend's wedding shower/engagement party is this Saturday and I need one more game to play. There will be about 60 guests in attendance and there will be both women and men.

We are already playing the newlywed game. (I still have to pick the questions! haha)

Any other suggestions for a good game to play that isnt too cheesy or super traditional to a shower?

thanks
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-18-2010, 09:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm not sure there isn't a non-cheesy game you can play. All the baby shower/wedding showers I've been to that have had games, have all been cheesy. You can throw yourself into the cheesiness or sit there awkwardly having no interest in the matter.

(Why do people feel compelled to have games at all?)
Old 08-18-2010, 11:04 PM

I Never or Six Degrees of Separation.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Andy recommends a drinking game, but how about Pictionary with bridal themes as the picture to draw?
Old 08-19-2010, 07:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
(Why do people feel compelled to have games at all?)
Trust me...the bride and groom are not really into the whole game thing but her mom got several bottles of wine to use as prizes and i am trying to find a way to give them away...

maybe that's a better question....what can i do to give the prize bottles away?
Old 08-19-2010, 07:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedyAnn View Post
Andy recommends a drinking game, but how about Pictionary with bridal themes as the picture to draw?
this could be a fun game for the "gentlemen" who are coming...loser in each round drinks!? haha!
Old 08-19-2010, 09:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Boyfriends sister just had her shower, what they did to give away gifts since games are kind of tacky was having everyone fill out an envelope with their name and address on it (to use for thank you's later!!!) and then one of the little girls just pulled an envelope out. Easy & useful since then the bride doesn't have to spend forever looking up addresses or filling out envelopes either.
They also ordered scratch off lottery tickets that were wedding style, and whoever got "prince charming" on her card won a prize
Old 08-19-2010, 10:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltag_girl View Post
Trust me...the bride and groom are not really into the whole game thing but her mom got several bottles of wine to use as prizes and i am trying to find a way to give them away...

maybe that's a better question....what can i do to give the prize bottles away?
For my SIL we did "door prize" baskets - whenever you walked in, you got like 3 tickets, you put your tickets in the dish in front of the one (or three) you wanted, then they drew them after we did gifts.

I personally don't like games very much, but my sister-mother is getting married and I'm the MOH (my SIL is matron of honor) and I think we'll probably end up doing games because she really does like them a lot.

Although I think it'd be funny to do baby shower games at her wedding shower and COMPLETELY FREAK everybody out.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittanygirl View Post
Boyfriends sister just had her shower, what they did to give away gifts since games are kind of tacky was having everyone fill out an envelope with their name and address on it (to use for thank you's later!!!) and then one of the little girls just pulled an envelope out. Easy & useful since then the bride doesn't have to spend forever looking up addresses or filling out envelopes either.
They also ordered scratch off lottery tickets that were wedding style, and whoever got "prince charming" on her card won a prize
this is what we decided to do. it's simple and not really a "game" which we are both happy about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
Although I think it'd be funny to do baby shower games at her wedding shower and COMPLETELY FREAK everybody out.
brilliant! this is hysterical - and if i could get away with it then i would totally do this!!