GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,531
3 members and 2,528 guests
John, LaneSig, navane

Old 07-17-2014, 12:45 PM
GreekChat Member

For the record, she's a sister of the "First and Finest" sorority at Texas Tech.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-17-2014, 12:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
For the record, she's a sister of the "First and Finest" sorority at Texas Tech.
So this is what I'm talking about. You complain about her yet you post things like this?
Old 07-17-2014, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srattt27 View Post
33girl, pinksequins, thetalady. Yup, you're sure right. It's me again. Don't worry, after I made a new account and posted this new message I QUICKLY discovered why my account was banned. I know how much you all LOVED my blog so I have a new post for you there!

No worries though, I won't ever be getting on here again. Thanks for being so kind, friendly, and encouraging!
Hey girl, no need to get so defensive. You and GC started off on the wrong foot, okay? You were a little bit rude and over-aggressive in your self-promotion. You can see why that'd upset some people, right? And then you make a snarky, totally self-un-aware comment starting this thread. That's two of GC's least favorite things right there.

There are plenty of members who get along just fine on this website, and many new members every day who do the same and are welcomed with open arms. You got burned in your first attempts to post here, but that's not a reflection on us being overly mean, that's a reflection of how you were presenting yourself.

There's a learning moment here for you.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflakemom View Post
So this is what I'm talking about. You complain about her yet you post things like this?
Oh boo-hoo. Cry me a river. Don't go on a website and possibly do something that could get you in trouble with Panhellenic on your campus and then have the audacity to call people out by name because you don't agree with them. She could seriously get her own chapter in trouble for that and it's in bad form. I also don't really care what someone with a name like "snowflakemom" has to say. You are one of those people who probably calls 18 and 19 year-olds kids and doesn't expect them to take responsibility for their own actions.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Please give this poor girl a break. I saw her blog and it looked like a typical blog written by an 18 year old yet it was pro greek and I didn't see where she promoted her own sorority (maybe I missed it). She looked like she was honestly trying to help people. It looks like she's taken it down now which is good. I'm sure I'll get flamed but it would have been nice if people approached her in a different way. If you looked at her blog, she's obviously not an internet troll but a young, naive girl who doesn't know greek chat rules. How would you have approached her if she was your daughter? A PM would have been nicer.
She had one entire blog expounding on the merits of her sorority, and she listed her affiliation. In another blog she named other sororities on campus, not in a directly derogatory way, and i don't think she meant anything derogatory, but in a way that PNMs might read more into what she was saying. Had she used "ABC", "DEF",etc., instead of ZTA, XO, and Theta, it would have been better. It would not have impacted the message she was trying to get across.

And I did send her a PM, notifying her that GC has a policy that posters are not supposed to promote their own websites, but if she wanted to she could contact GC admin. and pay a fee for promoting her site. I also complimented her on the overall message of her blog, but shared with her that we promote greek life and the panhellenic spirit, and we do not promote our individual sororities, and I was nice and diplomatic.

Whether she read the PM, I couldn't say. I posted the PM right after I asked her if her first GC name had had Srat in it. I had no idea this was the girl who was promoting her blog until someone clued me in.

Last edited by FSUZeta; 07-17-2014 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
Oh boo-hoo. Cry me a river. Don't go on a website and possibly do something that could get you in trouble with Panhellenic on your campus and then have the audacity to call people out by name because you don't agree with them. She could seriously get her own chapter in trouble for that and it's in bad form. I also don't really care what someone with a name like "snowflakemom" has to say. You are one of those people who probably calls 18 and 19 year-olds kids and doesn't expect them to take responsibility for their own actions.
ALS463, it's not what you say but the way you say it. You have every right to say it that way but so does she. You called her out by name or implied it on a public forum...which is fine, it's your choice. But then you get irritated because she does the same thing on her personal blog? You have a right to your feelings but then you call out her sorority and chapter? Not very Panhellenic of you.

Now you can insult me all you want, I have no problem with it. I do have a problem when you try to drag down another national organization.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
She had one entire blog expounding on the merits of her sorority, and she listed her affiliation. In another blog she named other sororities on campus, not in a directly derogatory way, and i don't think she meant anything derogatory, but in a way that PNMs might read more into what she was saying. Had she used "ABC", "DEF",etc., instead of ZTA, XO, and Theta, it would have been better. It would not have impacted the message she was trying to get across.

And I did send her a PM, notifying her that GC has a policy that posters are not supposed to promote their own websites, but if she wanted to she could contact GC admin. and pay a fee for promoting her site. I also complimented her on the overall message of her blog, but shared with her that we promote greek life and the panhellenic spirit, and we do not promote our individual sororities, and I was nice and diplomatic. Whether she read the PM, I couldn't say.
FSUZTA---that is exactly how the situation should have been handled.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:05 PM
GreekChat Member

For the love of Mike, a plane just went down in the Ukraine, and we are calling each other out over what a girl wrote on her blog and came here and wrote? Seriously?

Let's all just take a step back from this.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 07-17-2014, 02:09 PM
Banned

There's already a Ukraine plane thread.

/Lane swerve
Old 07-17-2014, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post

/Lane swerve
Shouldn't that be

/plane swerve?

Sorry, it was in my lap, y'all.

I looked at her blog before it was privatized and it is not something that's appropriate for an active of a chapter (especially at a competitive rush school) to put out there - regardless of the GC post.

Between the blog and this on the TTU website, these PNMs don't need to get more confused.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Has anyone considered contacting this chapter (in a nice way) to let them know about the blog? It's not our business but I know I would want my chapter to know. I'm not really sure about what's appropriate here?
Old 07-17-2014, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

/Lane swerve
Brat. You never miss a chance to point out how I'm derailing a thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Shouldn't that be

/plane swerve?

Sorry, it was in my lap, y'all.
BRAT.

Quote:
Has anyone considered contacting this chapter (in a nice way) to let them know about the blog? It's not our business but I know I would want my chapter to know. I'm not really sure about what's appropriate here?
How about YOU do it?
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 07-17-2014, 02:45 PM
Banned

33girl and AZTheta are horrible people.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
33girl and AZTheta are horrible people.
Nothing like stating the obvious, eh? That's okay. I'm a big girl, I can take it.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You think with the mouth on that girl that her chapter doesn't already know about that blog?