GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,008
2 members and 1,006 guests
AOIIalum, zsamulpitt5293

Old 11-03-2014, 10:15 PM
GreekChat Member

A new future alumnae initiate!

Hello guys! I just wanted to pop in here and talk about my alumnae initiation story! I haven't posted it as i went along because I'm a touch superstitious and didn't want to jinx it.

My background: I'm *mumblemumble* years old, soon to be married woman without kids at the moment. I attended university, but stepped away from it after realizing I didn't actually like my major but I still had no idea what I wanted to do when I grew up. I rushed in college, but it did not work out despite being a legacy. It was probably a good thing, because I was so painfully awkward and my school is known nationally for its party atmosphere. Greek Life would not have been kind to me, knowing what I know now both about myself and about the Greek community at my university.

One of my bridesmaids joined her sorority in college, and it piqued my interest. The cohesiveness of her chapter and their dedication to philanthropy inspired me, more than my prior experiences with various NPC groups had. Frankly I had not even heard of this particular org prior to my friend joining, so I was able to learn more about them with no prejudices or rumors to cloud my mind. I decided to pursue AI. I had long felt like I missed out on being Greek in college, and knew that that ship had sailed, but I felt I could offer a lot as an alumna. My lovely friend agreed to sponsor me, and tonight I had my conference call with nationals that smoothed out the path for the beginning of my new member education!

I could tell you who the organization is...but what kind of recruitment thread would this be without a little suspense, eh?

So, I'll start with some hints...tomorrow.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

So I've been wracking my brain to come up with something about the org I will be joining that isn't a dead giveaway.

But this sorority is an open book.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Why don't you simply wait until after you're initiated and then come share with us?
Old 11-04-2014, 09:25 PM
GreekChat Member

I know one sorority that can be taken off the list of possibles. We don't have AI in Kappa. Who else?

Either fish or cut bait. You're not going to win many friends here with this attempt to tease and create drama.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:28 PM
GreekChat Member

My apologies. I was excited and was thinking along the lines of recruitment stories. I wasn't seeking to create drama, but if my attempts flopped, then they flopped.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Ellie View Post
So I've been wracking my brain to come up with something about the org I will be joining that isn't a dead giveaway.

But this sorority is an open book.
There are several sororities with open books in their insignia. Looking forward to seeing which one it is!
Old 11-04-2014, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Here's the point: you are not writing a recruitment thread about your collegiate experience. You went through recruitment in undergrad and did not join. You want to write about that, fine - but don't drag it out as it's already passed.

AI is (for NPC) quite different. We would enjoy hearing about the road you took to get to membership as an AI, once it is completed and you are initiated. Call me superstitious, but I think it prudent to withhold details until the ink is dry on the paperwork.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck to you! I hope you find what you're looking for!
Old 11-05-2014, 10:00 AM
GreekChat Member

I would err on the side of caution and NOT reveal your intended org until you initiate. The GC sleuths can already narrow down the list of possibilities, since the sororities who do not initiate alumna members - or do in only very rare circumstances - are no secret.

Best of luck!

Last edited by dukemama; 11-06-2014 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 11-05-2014, 10:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
And, after you initiate, you want to do clues and a guessing game, I think many GCers would find that fun and play along, as long as it isn't drawn out for weeks.
Old 11-05-2014, 11:58 AM
GreekChat Member

I think it's fine to reveal the org once you are an official new member.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!