GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,375
3 members and 2,372 guests
GammaGirl1908, Kevin, PGD-GRAD

Old 04-19-2007, 10:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAgirl18 View Post
i really don't want to go through this again.. all signs point to no.. yet i'm still drawn to you and would give up the new prospects for your lame ass.
don't do that, that is a bad idea

this is unsolicited advice, and i know that is rude, but i think you are making a mistake

give the new cool dude a chance istead of lame ass
Old 04-19-2007, 10:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU OX Alum View Post

this is unsolicited advice, and i know that is rude, but i think you are making a mistake

It is not rude....VAgirl is understanding.

BTW Rocky's friend....I will PM you when I get out of class!!
Old 04-19-2007, 10:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU OX Alum View Post

i'm not attracted to one of the new guys. the other one is dull.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
i'm not attracted to one of the new guys. the other one is dull.
hhmm....well, do you feel the need to be with someone? Choosing between lame, boring, and ugly is not really a good choice. Tell them you are decididely single. If you want to date someone that is one thing, but you shouldn't need one.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:43 AM
GreekChat Member

oh, i don't need any of them. i could probably do better without them. i'm just "understanding" about the lame one.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

My 11 year old son (5th grade) has a crush on a girl in his class and his best friend is pretty sure that the girl likes my son back so he calls me at work today and asks "Am I old enough to date yet?". My son would like advice on how to proceed. I told him that in my day, his best friend would write a note to the girl that says "So and So likes you, do you like him? Check Yes or No", but his friend refuses to do it. I told my son that he has to decide whether it's worth the risk to find out if she really likes him or not. How will he feel if she says no? What will he do about it if she says yes? He said he thinks if she says yes that they would just be better friends. I said they might sit together at lunch, but he said they have assigned seating. I said they might hang out at recess, but he said they play at recess with different crowds. I said he could sit with her to eat the 5th grade farewell skating party next week, but he looked horrified at that thought. I said "You know you won't have to kiss her or anything" and he said "ewwwwww, that would be gross". Then I told him, it might be fun just to keep having a crush and wondering if she had a crush too, since he didn't seem ready to act on his feelings anyway. Just before bedtime, he asked if I would type up the "Check yes or no" letter so it would be anonymous and I told him if it was anonymous, then she wouldn't know who to return it to anyway. "Good point" he says.

I suggested he ask his father but he said that his dad isn't so good at dating because hardly anybody goes out with him more than once...lol. I don't feel prepared for this yet, but he doesn't seem prepared for it either. He asked his older (13 year old) sister for advice and she agreed that the "check yes or no" note was the thing to do in 5th grade. She and I giggled about it privately later. LOL

Ahh, to be 11 again... no thanks!
Old 04-19-2007, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ziasha07 Send a message via Yahoo to ziasha07
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
My 11 year old son (5th grade) has a crush on a girl in his class and his best friend is pretty sure that the girl likes my son back so he calls me at work today and asks "Am I old enough to date yet?". My son would like advice on how to proceed. I told him that in my day, his best friend would write a note to the girl that says "So and So likes you, do you like him? Check Yes or No", but his friend refuses to do it. I told my son that he has to decide whether it's worth the risk to find out if she really likes him or not. How will he feel if she says no? What will he do about it if she says yes? He said he thinks if she says yes that they would just be better friends. I said they might sit together at lunch, but he said they have assigned seating. I said they might hang out at recess, but he said they play at recess with different crowds. I said he could sit with her to eat the 5th grade farewell skating party next week, but he looked horrified at that thought. I said "You know you won't have to kiss her or anything" and he said "ewwwwww, that would be gross". Then I told him, it might be fun just to keep having a crush and wondering if she had a crush too, since he didn't seem ready to act on his feelings anyway. Just before bedtime, he asked if I would type up the "Check yes or no" letter so it would be anonymous and I told him if it was anonymous, then she wouldn't know who to return it to anyway. "Good point" he says.

I suggested he ask his father but he said that his dad isn't so good at dating because hardly anybody goes out with him more than once...lol. I don't feel prepared for this yet, but he doesn't seem prepared for it either. He asked his older (13 year old) sister for advice and she agreed that the "check yes or no" note was the thing to do in 5th grade. She and I giggled about it privately later. LOL

Ahh, to be 11 again... no thanks!

Oh goodness that is SOOO cute. There are adults who still use that yes or no note.

In any event, I agree w/ you guys. I'd send my friend if I was 11.
Spring 2009 #5 1000 Words Spring 2010 Beta Class

*Miss Nikon* Colors so vivid, you pose like *click, click*
Old 04-19-2007, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I want a 'yes or no' note....why can't I have a 'yes or no' note.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Dear Sir,

Ok so know you wanna trip and act like you can't talk to me anymore. That's cool though. Uh huh. But you know what? Now that I think about it, I was always the one to call or text first. Eff this. You wanna act like that then I guess I don't have anything more to say to you. I'mma see you in June. Please don't try to act phony and play like we're BFFFs and we talk everyday. And when the other Sir is talking to me please don't ask me any questions about him. Why do you care?

Dueces,
Z

PS ~ And please don't let me find out this has something to do with one of those girls at your school that YOU call trifilin.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Z,
If he is anything likke a guy I used to talk to he will probably say the chick is his cousin .....I mean really....your cousin
Old 04-20-2007, 12:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1908Revelations View Post
Z,
If he is anything likke a guy I used to talk to he will probably say the chick is his cousin .....I mean really....your cousin
Wow. If you're gonna lie to me, can it be a good one? Could I at least be entertained along the way?

Old 04-20-2007, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1908Revelations View Post
I want a 'yes or no' note....why can't I have a 'yes or no' note.
Revelations...

Do you like me..

Circle YES or NO

Old 04-20-2007, 06:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Revelations...

Do you like me..

Circle YES or NO

YES cyber buddy!!!
Old 04-20-2007, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Kali-n-Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to Kali-n-Kohl
so its stupid that i'm annoyed with the guy i'm talking to. I shouldn't be but I am. He decided that going to get new golf shoes, and going to see an 80s cover band was a better idea, than seeing if I was ok/needed anything since I found out I have pneumonia today. But not to worry, I was told he's only down at the bars so if I really need something to let him know. Boys are stupid.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I hate limbo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pick a side and stick to it....are you trying to impersonate John Kerry!

Grrrrrr!!