GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,628
1 members and 1,627 guests
navane

Old 01-04-2014, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestcoastWonder View Post
When you say "Washington University", do you mean Washington University in St. Louis, U of Washington or Washington State?
Most likely Washington University in St. Louis. They hold formal recruitment in the Spring.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Yes .. Washington Univ. in St. Louis has spring recruitment. Uof Washington has fall recruitment.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KDMafia
Valparaiso University will only have 5 groups now as unfortunately the Tri Delta chapter was closed this Fall
Old 01-04-2014, 01:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestcoastWonder View Post
When you say "Washington University", do you mean Washington University in St. Louis, U of Washington or Washington State?
It's Wash U. It would say Univ of Washington or Washington State if it were the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDMafia View Post
Valparaiso University will only have 5 groups now as unfortunately the Tri Delta chapter was closed this Fall
Thx. Fixed.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 01-07-2014, 10:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Tri Delta at Miami of Ohio

Colonization of Delta Delta Delta at Miami of Ohio took place in the fall. Bids were accepted by 118 new pearls.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Bid day today at W&L! Registration was down this year, and quota is 27. My daughter's chapter made quota and she is really excited that the girl she preffed is on their list!

Last edited by Sciencewoman; 01-12-2014 at 10:32 PM.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:09 PM
GreekChat Member

283 signed up for recruitment at CNU. Biggest ever! It keeps growing, so I think that bringing on Delta Gamma for next fall is a great addition. If all 283 make it to bid day, that's a pledge class of 47, double what mine was in Spring 2009.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigkap216 View Post
Actually, Boston University's recruitment is not in January this year. It's February 15-18th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
Colonization of Delta Delta Delta at Miami of Ohio took place in the fall. Bids were accepted by 118 new pearls.
All fixed. Thank you.

AOII

Old 01-11-2014, 09:42 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm going to help out at a school tomorrow with MRABA signing after preference parties. I'm so excited to see how it goes! My sorority is not represented there so I get to be a disinterested 3rd party. I'm gonna tell them all these beyotches suck and they should expand! Ok, prolly won't say that but I am interested to learn who are this year's favorites and if the girls need good counsel. Hopefully all the girls are really torn because they're all good.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I helped yesterday with Round 1 (Arete Round) at Washington University in St. Louis. Round 1 finisheds up today (Saturday). Round 2 (Philanthropy) is tomorrow.

Then the PNMS and sisters break for 5 days. Round 3 (Sisterhood) is next Saturday. Round 4 (Philanthropy) is Sunday. Bid Day is Monday.

I'm helping tomorrow afternoon and then all next weekend. (I'm hiding out from my MIL next weekend.) I'll post a "what's it like" review when it's over.

I'm learning the hazards of winter recruitment., though. Lots of ice on the sidewalks and the PNMS and sisters are passing a stomach bug around. It's not one that you fake your way, through, either.

Last edited by KDCat; 01-11-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDCat View Post
I helped yesterday with Round 1 (Arete Round) at Washington University in St. Louis. Round 1 finisheds up today (Saturday). Round 2 (Philanthropy) is tomorrow.

Then the PNMS and sisters break for 5 days. Round 3 (Sisterhood) is next Saturday. Round 4 (Philanthropy) is Sunday. Bid Day is Monday.

I'm helping tomorrow afternoon and then all next weekend. (I'm hiding out from my MIL next weekend.) I'll post a "what's it like" review when it's over.

I'm learning the hazards of winter recruitment., though. Lots of ice on the sidewalks and the PNMS and sisters are passing a stomach bug around. It's not one that you fake your way, through, either.
That was my chapter last year. With us it was a full-blown almost-hospitalizing flu. We lost about half of our actives over the course of recruitment, and while our sisters who went through last year claim that they never noticed, the room was basically empty for prefs. It was such a mess. I was lucky I never got it, but the rest of the chapter was dropping like flies.

Re: underlined, I'll contribute! Having so much fun although my calves are crying for help because I spent so much time jumping. Kept my voice this year though so I'm already doing that much better. PNMs went to our party after yours, and I've heard good things (not through talking to PNMs but through Panhel and gamma chis).

One round down, three to go!

for hope, for strength, for life
Old 01-11-2014, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
I'm going to help out at a school tomorrow with MRABA signing after preference parties. I'm so excited to see how it goes! My sorority is not represented there so I get to be a disinterested 3rd party. I'm gonna tell them all these beyotches suck and they should expand! Ok, prolly won't say that but I am interested to learn who are this year's favorites and if the girls need good counsel. Hopefully all the girls are really torn because they're all good.
I did that last year at Univ of Arizona and had a really nice experience. I hope you have a good time.

AOII

Old 01-12-2014, 08:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by happilyanchored View Post
That was my chapter last year. With us it was a full-blown almost-hospitalizing flu. We lost about half of our actives over the course of recruitment, and while our sisters who went through last year claim that they never noticed, the room was basically empty for prefs. It was such a mess. I was lucky I never got it, but the rest of the chapter was dropping like flies.

Re: underlined, I'll contribute! Having so much fun although my calves are crying for help because I spent so much time jumping. Kept my voice this year though so I'm already doing that much better. PNMs went to our party after yours, and I've heard good things (not through talking to PNMs but through Panhel and gamma chis).

One round down, three to go!
Thanks!

We should "shush" about specifics, though, until recruitment is over, in case there are any PNMs lurking.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDCat View Post
Thanks!

We should "shush" about specifics, though, until recruitment is over, in case there are any PNMs lurking.
Yup, no specifics from me until I am well-rested and coherent enough to make sure my specifics are even right haha.

for hope, for strength, for life
Old 01-13-2014, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by happilyanchored View Post
Yup, no specifics from me until I am well-rested and coherent enough to make sure my specifics are even right haha.
First day of class is today, right?

Good luck!