GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 924
1 members and 923 guests
No Members online

Old 07-26-2003, 08:32 PM

Cool Is it wrong?

Hello!!!

I was chatting with a good friend of mine the other day; and he stated how he and his girlfriend had a terrible argument. He explained to me that he does not allow her pick up his phone when it rings. He could'nt understand why she is so upset?

My question to everyone is; Is it wrong for your boyfriend or girlfriend to not allow you to answer their phone?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-26-2003, 09:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Not at all.

Me and my boyfriend spend tons of time together, but we still don't answer each other's phones.

First, it started that I just didn't let him answer my phone but I could answer his. The idea of having my family, or acquaintances call my number and having a male voice answer is just not right for me. Everybody in my life knows my boyfriend, but I am just not comfortable with having a man answer my phone. It's leaving too much room for assumptions.

Then, after a while, he felt that it wasn't right that I could answer his phone but he couldn't answer mine. I couldn't really argue with him, so we decided that I wouldn't answer his phone either. It just wasn't worth fighting for, to me.

Now, on occasion, I'll pick up his cell phone if I see that it's one of his close friends whom I know well, and he'll do the same with mine. But, neither of us makes a habit of answering the other's phone and that works fine for us.
Old 07-26-2003, 10:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up...

ClassyLady,

I like the fact that you and your SO were able to compromise. You avoided a fight over something very trivial.

soulfulremix

AKA
Old 07-26-2003, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I think it totally depends on the particulars of an individual relationship.

I don't mind if my boyfriend answers my phone but it feels very wrong when it's my father on the other end of that line. My dad totally does not appreciate calling his little girl and some man answers. It's just so un cool.

If my boyfriend does not want me to answer his phone, then he definately can't answer mine own. I would not trip. If he's cheating, there are probably more signs than just one.

You have to respect your partners privacy but if they don't want you to answer there phone, I think the other person may become suspect.
Old 07-27-2003, 08:43 AM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by brickhouse492

You have to respect your partners privacy but if they don't want you to answer there phone, I think the other person may become suspect.

Good point -unfortunately- that's what he's experiencing right now.