GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,347
2 members and 1,345 guests
g41965

Old 05-09-2007, 12:23 PM

Colonies/Expansions for 2007/2008

New thread for the new school year coming up.

Panhellenic

Alpha Omicron Pi - Columbus State University (Spring '08), Virginia Commonwealth University (re-colonization), University of Waterloo

Delta Delta Delta - North Carolina State University, University of Texas-Dallas (absorbing local, Alpha Lambda Chi)

Alpha Epsilon Phi - Stanford

Phi Mu - Arkansas Tech University (re-colonization of Epsilon Lambda and absorbing local sorority, Theta Omega Chi), University of North Carolina (re-activation), Huntington College (AL)

Gamma Phi Beta - University of Texas - San Antonio, Texas Christian University, Kennesaw State University

Kappa Alpha Theta - Case Western Reserve University, James Madison University, Chapman University

Kappa Delta - University of North Texas (re-activation), Northeastern University

Sigma Delta Tau - University of Southern California

Alpha Phi - University of Connecticut, Franklin & Marshal (re-activation)

Delta Gamma - DePaul University

Chi Omega - Florida Gulf Coast University, California Polytechnic University- San Luis Obispo

Alpha Delta Pi - Sonoma State University

Alpha Sigma Alpha - Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis, Rogers State University (Oklahoma)

Zeta Tau Alpha - St. Louis University, Colorado State University

Sigma Sigma Sigma - Pratt Institute

Delta Zeta - San Diego State University (recolonization)

IFC

Sigma Chi - Syracuse University, University of West Florida, New Mexico State University (re-charter), University of Rhode Island (re-charter), University of Missouri (re-charter), University of Oklahoma (re-charter), University of Maryland (re-charter), University of Arizona (re-charter)

Alpha Chi Rho - Temple University, Ferris State University, York College, Johnson and Wales - Rhode Island

Alpha Kappa Lambda - Emporia State University, Colorado State University, Edinboro University (Pennsylvania), Temple University

Alpha Phi Delta - Vassar (!), Susquehanna University

Alpha Tau Omega - University of California - Berkeley, James Madison University, UNC - Wilmington, William & Mary, Texas Tech

Sigma Nu - Vanderbilt University(recharter), University of Arkansas-Fort Smith, University of Florida(re-charter), Mississippi State, Louisiana State University, William Jewel College, Norther Illinois University, Metropolitan State College of Denver, University of North Carolina, University of Kansas (re-charter)

Zeta Beta Tau - University of Cincinnati, University of Missouri (re-charter), California State University-San Marcos, University of Hartford

Pi Kappa Phi - Drexel University, University of Rhode Island, Ohio State University, Northern Arizona University, University of Nebraska-Omaha, Louisiana Tech University

Sigma Phi Epsilon - Clarion University

Chi Phi - University of Arkansas-Little Rock, William & Mary

Delta Chi - University of Indiana, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, Kennesaw State University, Jacksonville University (Florida)(colonization cancelled), University of the Sciences in Philadelphia

Phi Gamma Delta (FIJI) - California University of Pennsylvania

Sigma Pi - Georgia Tech, University of Pennsylvania, University of Texas-Arlington, University of Arkansas (re-charter), Florida State University

Kappa Sigma - Lehigh University (re-colonization), Jacksonville State University (AL) (re-colonization)

Delta Upsilon - St. Cloud State University (Minnesota), Northern Illinois University, Webster University (MO), UT-San Antonio, City College of New York (Baruch Campus), University of Texas - San Antonio

Delta Tau Delta - University of Tampa, Hillsdale College

Sigma Alpha Epsilon - University of Tennessee, Florida State University

Phi Kappa Theta - University of Nebraska-Lincoln

Tau Kappa Epsilon - Pittsburg State University

Alpha Sigma Phi - SUNY-Buffalo, Baldwin-Wallace College, University of Virgina College of Wise

Theta Xi - University of Louisiana-Lafayette (recharter), Arizona State University, Southeastern Louisiana University (recharter), Ohio State University (recharter), Georgia Southern University

Phi Sigma Phi - Mountain State University (WV), Johnson & Wales-RI, Saginaw Valley State University (recharter)

Phi Delta Theta - Monmouth College

Theta Delta Chi - Rutgers University

Beta Theta Pi - Eastern Illinois University, John Carroll University, Washington & Lee, University of Virginia

Kappa Delta Rho - Christopher Newport University, West Virginia University

Phi Kappa Tau - Saginaw Valley State University

Theta Chi - University of South Florida

Lambda Chi Alpha - Western Carolina University
Closed Chapters
Sigma Nu - Lander University

Tau Kappa Epsilon - Arkansas State University

Beta Theta Pi - Yale University, Pepperdine University, SUNY Binghampton, Hanover College, Lehigh University

Zeta Psi - Syracuse University

Alpha Chi Omega - Simpson College

Phi Sigma Kappa - Emporia State University (Alpha chapter of Phi Sigma Epsilon), University of Illinois

Pi Kappa Alpha - Texas A&M-Commerce

Delta Sigma Phi - Lehigh University, Drexel University

Delta Tau Delta - Northwestern University, Emory University

Sigma Chi - University of California/Santa Barbara (surrender of charter)

Phi Delta Theta - Penn State University

Kappa Delta Rho - Clarion University

Kappa Alpha - Oklahoma City University

Sigma Sigma Sigma - Missouri State University, University of Wisconsin-Parkside (colony)

Delta Upsilon - University of Iowa

Alpha Epsilon Pi - Indiana University

Delta Chi - New Mexico State University

Theta Chi - Rowan University

Alpha Sigma Phi - Penn State-Altoona

Theta Phi Alpha - Bridgewater State College (MA)

Sigma Pi -SUNY-Potsdam

Open for Expansion
University of Missouri (Presentations by Alpha Gamma Delta and Sigma Sigma Sigma to be made Sept. 07) Sigma Sigma Sigma was selected, Oct. 18.
University of Delaware (Presentations were done in October by Alpha Delta Pi, Delta Phi Epsilon, and Delta Delta Delta.)Alpha Delta Pi was selected to colonize.
Roosevelt University (Chicago)Alpha Gamma Delta was selected to colonize.
Northeastern University (Boston)(Kappa Kappa Gamma, Kappa Delta, and Zeta Tau Alpha presenting.)Kappa Delta was selected to colonize.
Chapman University (Presentations in October by Delta Delta Delta, Kappa Alpha Theta, and Pi Beta Phi.)Kappa Alpha Theta selected to colonize.
New York Institute of Technology - Manhattan (new Greek system)Alpha Sigma Tau, Sigma Iota Alpha, Tau Kappa Epsilon, Phi Iota Alpha invited to colonize.
Georgia Tech - Chi Omega Tau, local sorority, looking for affiliation (Presentations by Alpha Phi, Pi Beta Phi, and Kappa Delta.)Alpha Phi invited to colonize and absorb Chi Omega Tau.
University of Alabama (Presentations in February by Alpha Phi, Alpha Xi Delta, and Delta Gamma.)Alpha Phi invited to colonize in Fall 2008 and Delta Gamma invited to colonize in 2010.
Ripon College (Wisconsin)(Presentations by Alpha Sigma Alpha, Theta Phi Alpha, and Kappa Delta.)Kappa Delta invited to colonize.
Mississippi State University (Presentations by Alpha Gamma Delta, Pi Beta Phi, and Alpha Delta Pi.)Pi Beta Phi invited to colonize.
Lynn University (Florida)(Presentations by Delta Phi Epsilon, Sigma Delta Tau, and Phi Mu.)Phi Mu was invited to colonize.[/COLOR]
Augusta State University (Georgia)Presentations by Alpha Delta Pi, Phi Mu, Kappa Delta, and Gamma Phi Beta.)Alpha Delta Pi was invited to recolonize. Phi Mu has been invited to colonize in Fall, 2009.
University of North Carolina - Pembroke(Presentations by Alpha Sigma Alpha and Kappa Delta.)Kappa Delta invited to colonize.
St. John's University (New York)
Clayton State University (Georgia)Alpha Sigma Alpha has been invited to colonize.
Georgia College and State University(Presentations by Alpha Xi Delta, Alpha Gamma Delta and Kappa Delta.)Kappa Delta invited to colonize.
New York University(Presentations by Kappa Kappa Gamma, Gamma Phi Beta, Pi Beta Phi and Sigma Kappa.)Pi Beta Phi invited to colonize.
Florida International University(Presentations by Alpha Phi, Delta Delta Delta, Sigma Kappa, and Alpha Gamma Delta.)Sigma Kappa invited to colonize.
George Washington University (DC)(Presentations in February by Kappa Alpha Theta, Delta Delta Delta, and Chi Omega.Chi Omega has been invited to recolonize.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology(Presentations by Delta Delta Delta, Kappa Kappa Gamma, and Pi Beta Phi.
Allegheny College (Presentations made by Alpha Xi Delta, Kappa Delta, and Delta Delta Delta.)Delta Delta Delta has been invited to colonize.
Washington & Lee University (Presentations to be made in Jan. & Feb. by Alpha Delta Pi, Delta Delta Delta, and Phi Mu.)Alpha Delta Pi invited to colonize in January 2009.
University of California - Irvine
Appalachian State University (NC)(Presentations by Alpha Omicron Pi and Zeta Tau Alpha)Alpha Omicron Pi invited to colonize.
Franklin & Marshall College - chapter of Kappa Beta Gamma seeking to affiliate with NPC member. Kappa Delta will absorb this chapter.
University of Texas-El Paso
Bucknell University
Huntington College (Montgomery Alabama -(Presentations by Alpha Delta Pi, Kappa Delta, and Phi Mu. )Phi Mu invited to colonize, April 14-18.
Grand Valley State University (Michigan) - Phi Mu invited to colonize.[COLOR="Black"]
Lake Erie College
Missouri State University
Santa Clara University

Western Kentucky University - Alpha Gamma Delta invited to recolonize.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)

Last edited by LaneSig; 05-16-2008 at 02:33 PM.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

We're currently recolonizing at Vanderbilt, Florida, Mississippi State, Louisiana State, University of Arkansas - Ft. Smith, William Jewell, California State University - Northridge, Metropolitan State College of Denver, Northern Illinois, and the University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill.

There's definitely an emphasis on getting reestablished throughout the SEC.

Our goal is to start 8 new colonies each year. The Fall '07 slate hasn't been put up on the website yet.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 05-09-2007, 12:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to banditone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
We're currently recolonizing at Vanderbilt, Florida, Mississippi State, Louisiana State, University of Arkansas - Ft. Smith, William Jewell, California State University - Northridge, Metropolitan State College of Denver, Northern Illinois, and the University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill.

There's definitely an emphasis on getting reestablished throughout the SEC.

Our goal is to start 8 new colonies each year. The Fall '07 slate hasn't been put up on the website yet.
Florida - Back in their mansion. About 50 members I believe.

Louisiana State - Doing well, back in their mansion that the FBI used during Katrina. A rep from nationals is actually living in the house with them.

Metropolitan State College of Denver - This one is weird to me.... It sounds like a community college.

I'm SO happy to hear we have some of our chapters back that were very strong before getting booted: Arizona State & Arkansas.

Now, if we could just get Kansas back
Old 05-09-2007, 12:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where stately oaks and broad magnolias shade inspiring halls
Chi Omega has accepted the invitation to colonize at Florida Gulf Coast. Congratulations!
Old 05-09-2007, 02:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneSig View Post
New thread for the new school year coming up.

Alpha Epsilon Phi - Stanford, University of North Carolina
Where did you hear about the UNC Colony? I knew there was a local jewish sorority that had wanted to go national but I never heard they had been officially approved by their Panhellenic to affiliate with anyone.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEPhiSierra View Post
Where did you hear about the UNC Colony? I knew there was a local jewish sorority that had wanted to go national but I never heard they had been officially approved by their Panhellenic to affiliate with anyone.
There is a Sigma Rho Lambda, also Jewish oriented, at Colorado, too.

http://www.colorado.edu/studentgroup...mbda/Home.html

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEPhiSierra View Post
This was the information that I was given. I will edit it out until we get official word.

BTW- I get most of my information from other posters and pms sent to me. I also check fraternity and sorority websites for information. If I make an error, please know that it is an honest mistake. I will correct them when notified.

I tend to post the sorority colonies as they occur or are announced. Since fraternity colonies often last 2-3 years, I list current colonies and expansions.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 05-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina blue View Post
And Kevin, the Sigma Nu's just received their charter last month, so your Psi chapter is alive and well at UNC Here's the story: http://greeks.unc.edu/content/view/144/55/

Great to hear. As I said before, I'm extremely excited to see that the organization is placing such an emphasis on expansion throughout the SEC and also the ACC. It's also good to know that we haven't forgotten other regions as well.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to banditone
YES! Glad to see the single letter chapters that closed coming back!!!! (except VMI of course )
Old 05-09-2007, 05:36 PM
GreekChat Member

I just heard that Sigma Chi got the go ahead to start the re-org process at Univ. of Maryland- they have a great chapter house there and a strong tradition, I hope that they are able to re-open soon.

Steny Hoyer, House Majority Leader, is a Sigma Chi initiated at Maryland.

Last edited by CZAXOTerp; 05-10-2007 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Because I was a bad greek...
Old 05-09-2007, 07:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZAXOTerp View Post
I just heard that Sigma Chi got the go ahead to start the re-org process at Univ. of Maryland- they have a great chapter house there and a strong tradition, I hope that they are able to re-open soon.

Steny Hoyer, House Majority Leader, was a Sigma Chi at Maryland.
Steny Hoyer, House Majority Leader, is a Sigma Chi and was initiated at Maryland.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditone View Post
YES! Glad to see the single letter chapters that closed coming back!!!! (except VMI of course )
It might have something to do with the current Regent -- a HUGE southerner. Hell of a nice guy though.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Three Chosen for George Washington U. Presentations
Article about presentations for colonization at George Washington U:
Theta, Tri Delta and Chi O are presenting, according to the report:

http://media.www.gwhatchet.com/media...-3194375.shtml

"Chi Omega will present on Feb. 19, Kappa Alpha Theta on Feb. 25 and Delta Delta Delta on Feb. 26."
Old 10-04-2007, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Article about Kappa Alpha Theta Colonizing at James Madison U.

See:
http://www.thebreeze.org/2007/10-4/top3.html

The article says that Theta expects / would like to get 100 - 130 for the charter member "class." Does anyone know yet how many they did take?
Old 10-04-2007, 06:44 PM
nattie1231

I am a pledge of the Eta Rho chapter at JMU. I believe they took 128 women, but I'm not positive.