GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,074
1 members and 1,073 guests
Cookiez17

Old 03-02-2012, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
The doctor who recommended it for my son suggested taking it about an hour before you want/plan to fall asleep. We have found that if the timing is too far off, or if the dosage is off -- either not enough or too much -- it doesn't work.
It must have been a dosage thing because the timing didn't matter. If I planned to go to sleep in an hour, I was either asleep in 10 minutes or in 5 hours. Never anything in between.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-02-2012, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Strangely enough, I think the Bubble Guppies are just delightful. I hate most children's shows.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
It must have been a dosage thing because the timing didn't matter. If I planned to go to sleep in an hour, I was either asleep in 10 minutes or in 5 hours. Never anything in between.
5 mg knocks me out within 30 minutes, never fail. Of course, I also have some weird dreams when I take it. Never scary dreams, just super vivid ones.

Also because it's a supplement and not regulated in the way that OTC medications are, I've had varying effects with various brands.

Last edited by amIblue?; 03-02-2012 at 02:46 PM. Reason: diction
Old 03-02-2012, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
Also because it's a supplement and not regulated in the way that OTC medications are, I've had varying effects with various brands.
That's true. We've tried various brands but found that GNC's works best, at least for us. YMMV.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I think it's just a combination of weird hormones and major stress as I finish out this term of school (17 days!). Once I fall asleep, I always stay asleep, but falling asleep can be a challenge on those days.

I'm just stretched too thin right now. It'll be better in a couple weeks. Between school, a busy time at work, financial aid form deadlines for hypoallergenic, getting ready for our cruise.. lots of details to deal with, that's all. Then my mortgage was sold and apparently they didn't include the waiver for flood insurance so I got something in the mail that I had to get flood insurance. I have to hunt down that paperwork and send it to them now. It's constant little stuff. Oh yeah, the new mortgage didn't pay my DECEMBER taxes yet. Lame. They're late and I'm getting nasty letters from the city and county. *not happy*
Old 03-02-2012, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
That's true. We've tried various brands but found that GNC's works best, at least for us. YMMV.
That's good to know. I take a 3mg/6mg depending on the night, but maybe I need to try another brand of melatonin to get better results?
Old 03-02-2012, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

A friend of mine just lost her home in Chattanooga TN to a tornado. Thankfully, she and her husband and baby are all safe!
Old 03-02-2012, 07:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Spring Break is finally here, and I have never been so glad to see my parents.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLake View Post
A friend of mine just lost her home in Chattanooga TN to a tornado. Thankfully, she and her husband and baby are all safe!
Oh no! I'm so glad they're okay but that is so devastating. Super prayers for that family.

24 days until spring break. *sigh*

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 03-02-2012, 09:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Sometimes making bad decisions feels AMAZING.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLake View Post
Thank goodness they are safe. I've been chatting with some folks in the ATL while they were taking cover in E. Cobb county a little bit ago but they are all fine. That town in Indiana.. Henryville... devastating. What a crazy weather day.

All day long, all I could think about was that I couldn't wait to be able to go to sleep tonight. Now it's a severe weather day and I'm glued to the weather channel because I'm a total weather geek.

Last edited by AGDee; 03-02-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
Thank goodness they are safe. I've been chatting with some folks in the ATL while they were taking cover in E. Cobb county a little bit ago but they are all fine. That town in Indiana.. Henryville... devastating. What a crazy weather day.
I live in the Louisville area and have friends who work in the school in Henryville. News outlets here are saying the building may be a total loss. A toddler was picked up in the wind and was found several miles away in a field. She was taken to the hospital and is doing fine. It's amazing she survived.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
I live in the Louisville area and have friends who work in the school in Henryville. News outlets here are saying the building may be a total loss. A toddler was picked up in the wind and was found several miles away in a field. She was taken to the hospital and is doing fine. It's amazing she survived.
I was thrilled to hear that no children were injured. They had pictures of school buses all over the place, including one inside of a house, but they said none of them had kids in them, thank goodness.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm not complaining, because I'm thrilled to be where I am right now. But WOW is it ever amazing how every tiny little thing can make one completely and utterly exhausted when one is 36 weeks pregnant.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I feel like people are going out of their way to annoy me today. I'm going to start kicking people soon.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot