GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Social

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,317
2 members and 1,315 guests
No Members online

Old 09-18-1999, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Cool Social/Mixer Theme IDeas

Hey there,
I am part of a brand new colony, and I was hoping that people would share some good theme ideas for socials and mixers. Please be detailed enough that we can duplicate your successes! And if anyone wants to include examples of themes that did not work well, that would be good also.

Thanks,

James
Old 09-23-1999, 10:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Just make sure there is lots of beer and plenty of nude women. Otherwise, the party is sensless. My fantasy is to go to a party where you have to put on rain gear because there is so much beer everywhere. That would be cool huh?
Old 09-27-1999, 03:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey James, e-mail me for a list of the themes we did last year. It's too much to type here, but there are some really good ones in here.

Scott
Old 11-22-1999, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I just went to a mixer on Saturday and we did a graffitti mixer. It very easy have everyone show up in white t-shirts and permenant markers then sign everyone else's shirts. It some thing you can pull out of your closet years from now and remember that night and see how drunk people were when they signed your shirt.
Old 11-29-1999, 03:25 PM
GreekChat Member

james,

I'm a TKE at the University of Pittsburgh. Our most sucessful theme so far has be what is called anything for a buck. what you do is make up a bunch of free money. like 5's 10's 20's ect. and hand everyone in the party the same amount of money. we usually give each person about $500. Then you go buy a prize usualy a bottle or something. Our rules are that guys cannot win. So you pay people(girls) to do any task you can think of . things always start out a little slow but once the party gets rolling it will be one of the best mixers you will ever have. oh yea if you haven't figured it out the girl with the most money at the end of the night gets the prize. If you have any questions just E-mail me.
Old 12-05-1999, 03:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

I'm a Theta at UC San Diego. We did an Italian wedding theme. Basically, black skirts, fishnets, funeral veils, and mafia suits for the guys. We paired off, each with one guy and 'married' them. It was fun to get to know the guys in the chapter, but this is not recommened for chapters of unequal proportions.

------------------
Kristi Marie
Old 12-14-1999, 01:20 PM
GreekChat Member

We had several exchanges... some were more fun than others, it just depends on the other group you are working with. Here's a list of the ones we had-

Italian Wedding
My Tie Exchange
Family Night
Handcuffs N' Heinekens
Girlz & Boyz N' Da Hood
Escape to Phi-ji Island(that was actually a crush party)
Party in your Phi-jays (another crush party).

If you want to know more about any of these just let me know!
Old 12-16-1999, 06:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

What's up man well this might be too expensive for a colony, but we had an exchange with a sorority we hadn't had relations with in a while so we pulled out the stops and through Club PiKapp. Brother's dressed for clubing and the girls were told the same but they weren't told what too expect. So the two social chairs role up in a 14 person limo with champain and strawberries to shuttle the 40-50 girls that came to our house which isn't that far but it was jsut cool. There was a red carpet and more champain wait at the house with a shit lode of good liquor and mixers. Since they came in waves it was easier to socialize and get to know the girls a little better since you weren't overwhelmed meeting everone at once. We played clubing music till all the girls had been their for awhile and then we had two Salsa Dancing Instructors teach us how to Salsa it was a lot of fun and you had to rotate partners and meet a lot of the girls. Not to mention everyone got fucked up , I could barely make it to my noon class. Hope this was helpful.

PiKapp's New Co-Social Chair(Gamma UC Berkeley)
Old 06-19-2000, 11:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Stodd:
Just make sure there is lots of beer and plenty of nude women. Otherwise, the party is sensless. My fantasy is to go to a party where you have to put on rain gear because there is so much beer everywhere. That would be cool huh?
believe it or not at penn state we have a social like that. after THON which is a huge event. everyone comes to the parties in their shitiest clothes because people are doing beer slides on the floor, dumbing beer and other liquids everywhere on everyone. It's insane

Old 10-11-2004, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm a sigma chi at OSU and here are a few things we are doing for homecoming this year.

candy necklace theme....this one gets scandalous...give everyone coming a candy necklace, and give them freedom to put it wherever they want, most will put it on their necks and with alcohol present it gets messy

P party...everyone gets dressed up in something starting with the letter P...its close to Halloween and i liked how it sounded
Old 10-30-2004, 03:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Oxboy1
A good idea that you can use if you plan on throwing the party in a few weeks is New Years in november. Do it on November 30 and pretend like its December 31 since everyone is usually gone on break for the real New Years. Get a big ass clock, have everyone dress formal, get some champagne and beer and skip and go punch and just party counting down to New years then go wild on the champagne. new Years party favors are really cheap as are balloons streamers and shit so just spend all the money on alcohol. Enjoy
Old 10-30-2004, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
jesus...I can't believe these are *mixers*.We usually just do stuff like pumpkin carving, or go roller blading and "couple skate" and what have you. It's reallly funny to watch guys try to roller skate, by the way. These sound really elaborate.
Old 10-30-2004, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Generally our mixers involved renting out a local bar and a theme. Themes we do a lot are:

Caddyshack (super-preppy)
Ghetto Fabulous
80's
Decades (any decade you want)
MASH Bash (military inspired)
P-Party (someone already said this, but wear a costume that starts with the letter P, like pirate or punk or something)
Iced Out (everyone wears white)
CEOs and Secretaries
Mai Tie (blind date function where you get a guy's tie and that's how he finds you)
Beach Party/ Luau
Toga

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Sometimes we mix a theme with something other than a bar, like roller skating or bowling.
Old 10-31-2004, 11:58 AM
GreekChat Member

some good one that I've seen have included

Cops and Robbers
Principles and School Girls
Rockstars and Groupies
Pop Stars
North and South

Stuff like that
Old 11-28-2004, 06:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PinkSigma3
Mixers ive heard of so far this semester (its my first so there havent been a ton)

Graffiti
Country Club
Naughty Santa
MASH
Jersey
"Asshole" (NMs dress in stupid costumes and have to say one line when people first start talking to them)
Toga
CEO & Secretary
School Girl

Last edited by PinkSigma3; 12-18-2004 at 10:15 PM.