GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,176
0 members and 2,176 guests
No Members online

Old 08-15-2010, 11:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Freshman with Sophomore standing?

So I am going through rush this week and when I checked my grades the other night it said I was a Sophomore, which I'm assuming is due to my AP work in high school. Now, when I applied for recruitment I put down that I was a Freshman. My question is if this Sophomore standing is going to hurt my chances, even though I'm minoring and doing pre-med coursework so I'll probably graduate in 4 not 3 years?

Also, I'm sorry if this has been asked before but when I searched I only found questions on what to put on applications and transfer student questions.

Thanks guys and go Noles!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-15-2010, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

It might, but make sure to explain this to the chapters when you go to their houses. You are a new Freshman with course hours from HS course work but will be in school for 4 years. Make it short and sweet and move on to the next topic. You may want to tell more than one girl at each house the first day, too, in case the first girl doesn't remember to bring it up at membership selection. After the first day, I wouldn't bring it up again.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 08-15-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole14 View Post
So I am going through rush this week and when I checked my grades the other night it said I was a Sophomore, which I'm assuming is due to my AP work in high school. Now, when I applied for recruitment I put down that I was a Freshman. My question is if this Sophomore standing is going to hurt my chances, even though I'm minoring and doing pre-med coursework so I'll probably graduate in 4 not 3 years?

Also, I'm sorry if this has been asked before but when I searched I only found questions on what to put on applications and transfer student questions.

Thanks guys and go Noles!!
If you were able to get references for the houses on your campus, hopefully you informed your reference writers that AP credits were earned.

Other than making sure the people you talk to in the houses know, I'm not sure there is anything can do about it at this point. I'm not on your campus so I'm not sure if Panhellenic will make note of that somewhere on your registration form when they verify your GPA or not. You can always try calling your Greek Life office and finding out.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm not sure what information you have to provide on your application but ours includes, year in school, HS graduation date and years you have left at the university as well as college credits. We look at HS graduation date as that tends to give us a better idea of how old you are. Do you remember the information that was asked for on your application?
Old 08-15-2010, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

The same holds true as to what AXOrushadvisor posted for FSU as well. I made a call this morning to find out an answer for you just to make sure. Your application is reviewed with the info you provided, this provides them with your classification and they can see that you acquired credit for your AP classes in high school. My daughter was in the same situation when she went through recruitment at FSU. "Good Luck" to everyone!!