GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,826
4 members and 1,822 guests
Sciencewoman, speedsters

Old 05-30-2010, 07:41 PM

Going through Panhellenic sorority recruitment this year? Introduce yourself here :)

I thought this thread was needed (and would keep people from mistakenly posting in Senusret I's thread lol)

So if you're a PNM going through recruitment this fall or spring, introduce yourself and tell us a little something about you (like your year in school, or what school you'll be attending--if you want to share that, or something like that).

Ex: I'm SuzieQ21, I'm a junior, and I'm rushing this fall at LSU.

or if you don't want to share your school:

Hi I'm SuzieQ21, I'm a junior and I'm rushing at a very large SEC school (or a large school in the South).

To help you out a little bit, there's a search tool you can use to look for threads about your school.

There are also several really helpful stickies in the Recruitment and Sorority Recruitment forums. They answer a lot of really common recruitment questions.

Welcome and happy posting,
Violet.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 05-31-2010 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

lol.... good idea
Old 05-30-2010, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dreamseeker
^^i thought u were coming to say you were trying to go through recruitment with your lil GED
Old 05-31-2010, 04:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey all!
I came across this AFTER I posted my own intro thread (oops!) but I don't mine introducing myself twice

my name is sweet_tea88 and I'm interested in rushing this Fall at a school in the south I'm somewhat skeptical about rush since I am a minority and NPC sororities are "historically white" and I don't know how they will respond to me. I'd like to talk to the few members they DID have but I believe the one girl graduated already :-/ *sigh*

Last edited by Sweet_Tea88; 05-31-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:17 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm pretty sure that they don't need to post in the other thread in order to unlock all the others... this one should do. New GreekChat members just need to post in the Introductions Forum.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey everyone, I'm Lizzie and I'm going to be rushing this fall at UNC. If anyone has any advice or experience with the UNC system, please let me know! Also, how competitive is rush at UNC and is it true that all PNMs are guaranteed a bid?
Old 05-31-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieBee View Post
Hey everyone, I'm Lizzie and I'm going to be rushing this fall at UNC. If anyone has any advice or experience with the UNC system, please let me know! Also, how competitive is rush at UNC and is it true that all PNMs are guaranteed a bid?
Hi Lizzie, if you do a search for "Chapel Hill" several threads should come up. Here's your one freebie search thread, lol.

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ht=Chapel+Hill

And no. No PNM is really guaranteed a bid. There are some schools who may say that if a PNM attends round and ranks all of her choices, she will get a bid from one of those. But I am unsure if UNC does that. Even then, you are not guaranteed to get to that point in recruitment.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 05-31-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Violet, thanks for the tip, I've spent a little too much time looking through UNC threads today (I just discovered this site), but thanks for the suggestion!
Old 06-01-2010, 04:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Hi, I'm Lauren. I'll be a sophmore transfer PNM at a school in Virginia this year. I've searched through forums but can't find much specific information regarding my university. Is there a "comprehensive" list of Va schools that require recs? My school is not one of the big schools like RC, W&M, or UVA, which I know require recs.

Last edited by virginiagirl990; 06-01-2010 at 05:30 AM.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Tea88 View Post
Hey all!
I came across this AFTER I posted my own intro thread (oops!) but I don't mine introducing myself twice

my name is sweet_tea88 and I'm interested in rushing this Fall at a school in the south I'm somewhat skeptical about rush since I am a minority and NPC sororities are "historically white" and I don't know how they will respond to me. I'd like to talk to the few members they DID have but I believe the one girl graduated already :-/ *sigh*
I wouldn't worry about being a minority, if a org likes you for who you are then they will invite you back. If they are so worried about the outside appearance, ask yourself if you want to belong to that organization. My chapter has a good amount of "minorities" but they are all so involved, and such beautiful women! I'm proud to call them *my* sisters.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Tea88 View Post
Hey all!

Researching the D9 but only interested in rushing NPC sororities? Hmmm.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiagirl990 View Post
Hi, I'm Lauren. I'll be a sophmore transfer PNM at a school in Virginia this year. I've searched through forums but can't find much specific information regarding my university. Is there a "comprehensive" list of Va schools that require recs? My school is not one of the big schools like RC, W&M, or UVA, which I know require recs.
I went to George Mason - PM me on here or IM me at SthrnZeta if I can help you Also, PM Gusteau, he's a current student at George Mason so he would have some more current info since I graduated in 2004. Good luck!
Old 06-03-2010, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm actually headed to Virginia Commonwealth University in the fall. If it's not appropriate for me to reveal this, let me know!

I'm transferring from a school where going greek is the be-all end-all and you'll never get a bid if you don't have recs. I was wondering if anyone had any experience at all with VCU... and if so, would you be willing to help me?
Old 06-04-2010, 03:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Hi. I am rushing for the second time at FSU. I got a bid last year but declined it, it happened to be the one house I felt was the least fitting for me throughout rush. I am quite nervous to rush again this year, though I found out AFTER rush that my mother was President of her sorority, which happens to be at FSU. Why she did not inform me of this previously, I do not know. I don't know all too many people at FSU still, and have known I want to participate in a sorority. All of my closest friends from high school are in sororities at my rival school, UF. I do not know why I was dropped from all the other sororities, I like to believe it was just not meant to be. But through all of this, I am quite nervous about rush again because I want it so much and know that being a sophomore rushing at FSU is not as promising as being a freshman. I joined GC in hope of finding reassurance or advice for Fall 2010 Recruitment.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsulove15 View Post
I found out AFTER rush that my mother was President of her sorority, which happens to be at FSU. Why she did not inform me of this previously, I do not know.
Even if your mom hasn't so much as read her sorority's magazine since she graduated, you'd think this would come up when you announced that you were going to rush.