GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 546
0 members and 546 guests
No Members online

Old 04-18-2001, 03:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Post "Pink is my signature color"

Heehee, that's from "Steel Magnolias"; I just love that movie! Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has a "signature" or "trademark" thing they do, say, wear, like, etc. For example, I ALWAYS wear red toenail polish. My toes have been painted some shade of red for about the last three years. One of my sisters says "Peace out" all the time (ALL the time, but its cute because its just her "thing" ) Just curious as to what everyone else's little "quirks" are
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-18-2001, 04:20 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Turtlegirl:
Heehee, that's from "Steel Magnolias"; I just love that movie!
Turtlegirl, go to this thread... http://www.greekchat.com/forums/ubb/...ML/000299.html

Apparently, Julia Roberts' character is a Phi Mu in the movie?

Old 04-18-2001, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Serenity
My co-workers make fun of me because I always say, "I don't mean to chage the subject but..."

I still use slang from the 80's. When people make fun of me I always tell then I'm bringing it back. No such luck...
Old 04-18-2001, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to equeen
Quote:
Originally posted by brooklineu:
I wear a silver Claddagh ...
Interesting, brooklineu, one of my Sisters also wears a Claddagh ring as her trademark as well - her aunt gave it to her, and she treasures it.

------------------

@-->---
Pure as Silver, and True Blue!
Alpha Sigma Kappa - Women in Technical Studies
Old 04-18-2001, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Yall have heard me use mine on here. Its what I say to a brother or friend when in the presence of another friend. As I am getting ready to leave I'll say, "Mike, I dont care what Steve says about you. You good people." I have been throwing that around for about a year now. People say it with me especially the "You good people," part as I am saying it.
Old 04-18-2001, 06:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
My ex-boyfriend and dear dear friend gave me diamond earrings in 1994. they've been in my ears everyday since.

also, my toenails are always painted purple. so are my niece's. we're not sure who copied whom. ha ha

oh yes and I should add-- I currently own my 6th car. All 6 have been VW's. The last two I've TRIED to buy a different car, but I always end up with a VW. And my friends always associate VWs with me. 83 Rabbit, 88 Jetta, 85 GTI, 88 Cabriolet, 96 Jetta GL, 2000 Jetta GLX.

Amy

[This message has been edited by amycat412 (edited April 18, 2001).]
Old 04-18-2001, 07:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Lady Bugs...that is my note worthy signature. I have a Lady Bug tatoo that I proudly boast about and ever since have been called Lady Bug.
Hootie
Old 04-23-2001, 08:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I always wear the beautiful gold necklace which my grandma gave me for High School Graduation a few years back. It has so much sentimental value for me! I'm incomplete w/out it .
Old 04-23-2001, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Signature things of mine include diamond earrings that were given to me for my sweet 16 by my boyfriend. It's a rare occasion that i wear anything else in my ears. And like many women I think, I usualy am dressed in "my" colors: reds, pinks and blues Black sandals are a summer signature for me and at the moment I have a unique yet small purse it's pink leopard/zebra print and fits my wallet and not much else!
Old 04-24-2001, 10:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Look over your shoulder, I could be right behind ya!
My signature is my signature: Ass is my fave word. I have a SUPER sensitive nose, so if there is the slightest bit of YUCK in the air, I say "God, it smells like ASS in here!" and everyone just dies laughing! My other signature is saying "sunufabitch" ALL THE TIME!!! It's just my way of expressing myself! I've had a potty mouth since I was 6!!

------------------
"Ass" is my fave word!
Old 04-24-2001, 01:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
sigmagrrl, I always say "the bathroom smells like ass" or "what are you eating, it smells like ass". Everyone cracks up too! And my other saying is "For the love of pete". Who the hell is pete? I don't know, but I say it

Quote:
Originally posted by sigmagrrl:
My signature is my signature: Ass is my fave word. I have a SUPER sensitive nose, so if there is the slightest bit of YUCK in the air, I say "God, it smells like ASS in here!" and everyone just dies laughing! My other signature is saying "sunufabitch" ALL THE TIME!!! It's just my way of expressing myself! I've had a potty mouth since I was 6!!

Old 04-24-2001, 03:09 PM

Cool

I have a couple of signatures myself. I'm always telling people their out of control. I have my manager saying it too!!! It's pretty funny. It can be used after almost anything. Then there is one of my favorite colors. My most favorite color is/was lavender...since kindergarten. However, I have become very fond of orange. My toenails are orange, I bought two orange dresses, etc. The funniest thing is, I pronounce orange, arange. My family is from New York so I think I just grew up saying it that way. So now not only is it the color of topic in my life, but the way I say it is too.

BTW, does anyone else pronounce it ARANGE? Also, I pronounce Florida, FLARIDA.
Old 04-24-2001, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SigmaChiCard Send a message via Skype™ to SigmaChiCard
Arrow

I call everyone "kid"

can almost always be seen sporting my european carry all (man-purse)

smoke with my cigarette between my middle and ring finer

nearly always have a soccerball with me

been wearing my hemp anklets for an indeterminable ammount of time - though it has been for a great while

talk different from any other person born in Kentucky, no accent, though sometimes around hickish friends it will come out

always wearing a hemp necklace and a silver ring

and always dressed way too warm for the weather, despite the fact I love the cold - I'm definitely a layering type of guy
Old 04-24-2001, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SigmaChiCard Send a message via Skype™ to SigmaChiCard
shopgirl

by your accent
would you happen to be from wisconsin?
Old 04-24-2001, 08:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SigmaChiCard:
shopgirl

by your accent
would you happen to be from wisconsin?
While we're playing that game, I guess Brooklyn.