GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,668
2 members and 1,666 guests
flamboyanttree, LaneSig

Old 05-01-2003, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
On the synching/pheromone thing--

the latest research I've read says that women tend to either synch OR de-synch--like push to the opposite ends of the cycle. So it's unlikely that an entire sorority house would be synched. Plus, adding birth control (which I assume counteracts synching) into the mix, it's probably even more unlikely.
Old 05-01-2003, 07:09 PM
GreekChat Member

It's asprin that will make the flow worse - because its a blood thinner.

Tylenol is okay.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Pi Phi
as for sex on your period. Well I do think it's gross, but to each their own, if you and your partner don't mind then I say go for it. But even if I didn't think it was gross, I'm certainly never in the mood for sex, all I want to do is wear big sweatpants, and curl up into a litle ball and hid away for a week.

TRUE TRUE TRUE!! Sex on your period is just more work IMO...thinking of clean-up and such - ugh! Guys need to know what NOT to say during these times...I remember once a long-gone ex said something along the lines of "well, since you aren't able to do that, why don't you just give me a treat..." -- yeah, he got a treat alright -- my foot straight up his.......

See men, this is the time where we look for sensitivity -- try this one "gee sweetheart -- I know that I couldn't possibly understand what you are going through, but I will be glad to sit here and rub your feet for an hour -- right after I get you a nice cup of hot tea" .....{still waiting after 9 years for Mr. AXO Alum to try this one...}

And since I hardly ever pop-in over here, I'll just go ahead and add in that yes I actually know women who think that ALL KINDS of sex (think about Slick Willy's definition of sex) are okay as long as you are "armed" with a trusty tampon....UGH...HACK HACK... yes I know I didn't need to go there.... HACK HACK... {think Ace Ventura when he is chewing all the gum at the end...}
Old 05-01-2003, 10:44 PM
Banned

If I didn't get head while she was busy letting the red sea flow, I'd probably end it.

-Rudey
--The only sensitivity I know about comes from more expensive condoms.

Quote:
Originally posted by AXO Alum
TRUE TRUE TRUE!! Sex on your period is just more work IMO...thinking of clean-up and such - ugh! Guys need to know what NOT to say during these times...I remember once a long-gone ex said something along the lines of "well, since you aren't able to do that, why don't you just give me a treat..." -- yeah, he got a treat alright -- my foot straight up his.......

See men, this is the time where we look for sensitivity -- try this one "gee sweetheart -- I know that I couldn't possibly understand what you are going through, but I will be glad to sit here and rub your feet for an hour -- right after I get you a nice cup of hot tea" .....{still waiting after 9 years for Mr. AXO Alum to try this one...}

And since I hardly ever pop-in over here, I'll just go ahead and add in that yes I actually know women who think that ALL KINDS of sex (think about Slick Willy's definition of sex) are okay as long as you are "armed" with a trusty tampon....UGH...HACK HACK... yes I know I didn't need to go there.... HACK HACK... {think Ace Ventura when he is chewing all the gum at the end...}
Old 05-01-2003, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
I thought that you had earned your red wings.

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey
If I didn't get head while she was busy letting the red sea flow, I'd probably end it.

-Rudey
--The only sensitivity I know about comes from more expensive condoms.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Shine
I get the WORST PMS. If I have PMS, people need to NOT come near me within 10 feet. I am sooo emotional. I cry at everything and get all depressed.

Then during my period I get cramps so bad that I have to take mild narcotics to help with the pain. They are so bad that if I'm not medicated, I can barely WALK. My doctor and I have put me on every OTC and perscription painkiller in the book, and finally settled on Percocet or Darvocet to get rid of my cramps.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Shine
I get the WORST PMS. If I have PMS, people need to NOT come near me within 10 feet. I am sooo emotional. I cry at everything and get all depressed.

Then during my period I get cramps so bad that I have to take mild narcotics to help with the pain. They are so bad that if I'm not medicated, I can barely WALK. My doctor and I have put me on every OTC and perscription painkiller in the book, and finally settled on Percocet or Darvocet to get rid of my cramps.
I find that Vioxx or anaprox works. Luckily things have gotten better for me over time.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Cream
I find that Vioxx or anaprox works. Luckily things have gotten better for me over time.
Tried em both. Neither worked.

Old 05-02-2003, 08:39 AM

I tried Vioxx once... and spent the day curled up in a little ball unable to move. Didn't do a d@mn thing.

As for sex on your period, I'm with you, AXO Alum... cleanup would definitely not be fun. An orgasm does help with the cramps, though...
Old 05-02-2003, 09:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Question

Question: Why do they call it Pre-Menstrual Syndrome if you get it during your period?
Old 05-02-2003, 09:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
Quote:
Originally posted by breathesgelatin

Plus, adding birth control (which I assume counteracts synching) into the mix, it's probably even more unlikely.
I synched to my roomate who was on the pill....
Old 05-02-2003, 09:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Shine
Tried em both. Neither worked.

Sorry to hear that.
I used to have the doubled over in pain, fainting, can't get out of bed cramps. They got a little better at 24. Now it is just one bad day and Tylenol works. I hope this gets better for you, too.
Old 05-02-2003, 09:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Cream
Sorry to hear that.
I used to have the doubled over in pain, fainting, can't get out of bed cramps. They got a little better at 24. Now it is just one bad day and Tylenol works. I hope this gets better for you, too.
Thanks.
Old 05-02-2003, 09:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AGDPrincess70
I have you all beat! I got my period when I was NINE.

And it's not so much sex that helps alleviate cramps, it's having an orgasm. The contractions squeeze your uterus and help cramps go away.

Trust me, I've tried

i started at age 10 and had no idea what the hell a period was. i thought i was dying. i was at school when it happened and cried all the way to the main office. my mom wasnt expected me to start so early so she didnt want to have the talk yet.

as for the sex, i do find myself becoming extremely sexual the week before, but during the week it could get really messy. its hard to find a guy who is up for that kind of adventure!
but orgasms do help cramps. so if you dont want the sex, i guess you can get it done yourself?! lol

oh and one time on a high school trip to the library, i had cramps so bad that i passed out while trying to get a new library card!
Old 05-03-2003, 02:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by breathesgelatin

the latest research I've read says that women tend to either synch OR de-synch--like push to the opposite ends of the cycle. So it's unlikely that an entire sorority house would be synched. Plus, adding birth control (which I assume counteracts synching) into the mix, it's probably even more unlikely.

No mixers on the 28th, just to be safe.