GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,110
2 members and 1,108 guests
LaneSig

Old 08-09-2002, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking !Hot thread aleart! Do you like to be on the top or bottom?

As most of us on GC are/were college students and/or greeks, when night time occurs I know at least one time we had to face this decision.....when it comes to a bunk bed.

I like to be on top!

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-09-2002, 03:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Ha ha, you KNOW we all have gutter minds and weren't thinking of bunk beds when we saw the thread title.

Anyway, tomorrow I'm moving into the Pi Phi house and sharing a room for the first time in my life. My best friend and I decided I should get bottom bunk b/c I'm more likely to fall off the top one and come to an untimely end.

Plus who wants to stumble in and climb up on a bunk after a night out? Just asking for trouble there.
Old 08-09-2002, 03:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to EagleChick19
In the case of the bunk beds, I love to be on top! LOL!
Old 08-09-2002, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

bunk beds are no fun when you've had a few. I've never had to deal with it, but a couple girls in my suite sure did.
The one who had the top bunk was a tad drunk one night and got out of the top bunk, fell, and slammed her head on the desk. I can't believe she wasn't hurt- just a bump. She didn't even react when she did it, according to her roommate. Just got back up. I guess there is a slight advantage to her drunkenness- didn't feel the pain!
Old 08-09-2002, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ROWDYsister
I'm more likely to fall off the top one and come to an untimely end.

Plus who wants to stumble in and climb up on a bunk after a night out? Just asking for trouble there.
We are SOOO on the same page. My clumsy behind would have been falling off the top bunk from day one, lol.

Plus, you are right about the stumbling around thing. Say I have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. I am VERY groggy when I first wake up, so I would have a TIME trying to find my way back to the top bunk, lol.

All in all....I say BOTTOM!
Old 08-09-2002, 04:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to pinkey08
I'm too clumsy I would have to be on the bottom most definately.
________
ASS VIDS

Last edited by pinkey08; 03-20-2011 at 03:55 AM.
Old 08-09-2002, 04:07 PM
Banned

dorms suck

I am so happy I don't live in the dorms anymore. I had two roommates my first year. Well let's just say when you and the girl are drunk, it's funny climbing into the top bunk...all is forgiven. But when she falls out, knocks your roommates "spit cup" all over, and is no longer quite as drunk there is NOTHING funny about it.

-Rudey
Old 08-09-2002, 04:22 PM
GreekChat Member

If God forbid I DO get top bunk for some reason, I have no problem purhasing one of those kiddie gates...you know, the little things you put on toddlers' first beds so they don't hurt themselves? Noooooo problem. No one but my sisters has to see them!
Old 08-09-2002, 05:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Bottom!

When I was little I shared a room with my sister and we had bunk beds. She slept on the bottom bunk and I had the top. (Of course back then it was much cooler to have the top) One night I fell of the top bunk and fell on my other little sister who happened to be sleeping on the floor in our room that night. It didn't even phase me and I fell right back asleep on the floor. My little sister started crying though. LOL!
Old 08-09-2002, 05:13 PM

Re: !Hot thread aleart! Do you like to be on the top or bottom?

Quote:
Originally posted by Dionysus
As most of us on GC are/were college students and/or greeks, when night time occurs I know at least one time we had to face this decision.....when it comes to a bunk bed.

I like to be on top!
Dionysus,

Cheap! But effective. Very funny.

The only year I lived in a dorm, it had triple decker bunks. I had the middle.

I would rather have had the bottom. Do you know how hard it is to jump into that middle bunk with a load of beer on?
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 08-09-2002, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Definately the bottom - I am a very restless sleeper and chances are if I started on the top bunk I would wake up on the floor .
Old 08-09-2002, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

LOL-I just KNEW what you were up to before I even opend this page!!! You little devil you!

Never had the chance, but always wanted to as a kid. I wanted to be on top incase the thing broke it would smush my sister-NOT ME!
Old 08-09-2002, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mmcline
The bottom for sure.. Coming back drunk and trying to climb up to the top bunk, is a recipe for disaster.
Old 08-10-2002, 12:23 AM
GreekChat Member

AOT - Always on Top...just kidding! (Although it's really funny when some people believe that our secret motto is "always on top." I'm sure the founders thought of that in 1897 ) Actually, I prefer the bottom bunk, because in our dorms, the person in the top bunk couldn't sit up all the way without hitting their head on the ceiling. After a few rough mornings of doing this, the bed was un-lofted!
Old 08-10-2002, 12:47 AM

Neither! I detest bunkbeds. Either I'm on top and afraid of heights or I'm on the bottom and am claustrophobic.

In college, my roomie had the top bunk and she had satin sheets on the mattress. One night she slid right out of the bunk and landed on the floor next to me with a big thud. How traumatic! For her too, I guess!