GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,520
2 members and 1,518 guests
aaexeyttsa3383

Old 07-17-2006, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpiucf
Because they'd already been intimate with the goat and were unpalatable.
lmao -

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 07-18-2006, 03:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpiucf
Because they'd already been intimate with the goat and were unpalatable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneSig
lmao -
OMG, I like totally heard that too. And it's like totally true that they had to do it with a goat. Cuz like my cousin's freshmen-year roommate's boyfriend's best friend's sister's lab partner totally saw the whole thing. And he like totally would like never lie. I like TOTALLY trust him, even though I've only met him for like 10 seconds at a party.

PSimissU
Old 07-18-2006, 09:01 AM
GreekChat Member

My Dad tells me that back in the early 1960's a lot of the really gross hazing stories had their basis in truth but were designed to get the pledge class to pull together and refuse the task as a group. The idea was to demand that the pledges, or one pledge chosen by the class to represent them all, would be told to do something really unpleasant or even absolutely unacceptable. The idea was for the pledges to figure out where the line was drawn between unpleasant but acceptable (like scrubbing out a latrine with a tooth brush) and something unacceptable (like having sex with a dead dog). The class was supposed to figure out that 1. they needed to stand together in their decision, and 2. they needed to refuse to do something morally or philosophically repugnant. One was supposed to be bright enough to realize that no fraternity would want to initiate either a dead dog f****r or one who was so spineless as to go along with something like that. If some poor pledge agreed to do the deed he would be seperated from the pledge class and told to consider his choice carefully. If he still didn't catch on he might be told and ribbed about it for the rest of his life or he might be invited to depledge to save being blackballed at the next ball session.
Tough way to go but it did bring about pledge unity and teach a lesson of how to cooperate without being blindly obedient in unacceptable circumstances. "Think it through to its logical consequences" was always impressed on the victims, er... pledges.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh this is good stuff!! Please carry on!!
Old 07-19-2006, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I keep reading this and wonder Why?

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 07-19-2006, 05:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Now this one is real, and is one of my favorites...you make the pledges do a work call (or a extended period of house work, for people unfamiliar), one that starts at about 10 or midnight. So you have them clean the house, scrub the floors with toothbrushes, etc etc, everything but the bathrooms. Then you call them all together at about 5am, tell them they've done a good job, and explain to them you're buying breakfast. They'll be relieved and excited about this, they probably think you're proud of them and that the work is over, plus they are probably hungry. Get all the food ready or whatnot, show it to them, and tell them they get to eat in 30 minutes when the bathrooms are spotless. Finally, about 5 minutes before their time is up, tell them to clean faster and better, seeing as their gonna be eating their mcdonalds breakfast off the floor behind the toilet they're currently cleaning. Then you make them do it, of course.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:21 PM
GreekChat Member

dekeguy's post is a perfect example of what "hazing" is meant to do. how the hell is that so wrong?

i still havent heard anything that would strike me as being incredibly awful. ive done almost all that has been listed
Old 07-24-2006, 01:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Just read some of the Hazing Creates a Sense of Unity thread and you will see how insane some of the peoples ideas concerning hazing are.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Sretakson.......
Old 08-08-2006, 10:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinerbock
Well, the cannabilism was the first choice offered, and I jumped on it. Turns out the other three were forced to go to Orlando and become Golden Knights. I figure I made out much, much better.
And just what is sooo bad about being part of the U.S. Army's Jump Team????
That is the only Golden Knight that I know of.......
Old 08-13-2006, 07:01 PM
GreekChat Member

None of these are that bad.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Pledges strip down to their boxers and sit indian style against a wall. Then an industrial-size fan is brought in and turned on. Brothers tear up pieces of insulation and run it through the back of the fan. Fiberglass in skin. Its a story i heard....dont know if its actually true but the source was very trustworthy and that certain chapter had a "hardcore" reputation.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:31 PM

I think a case could be made that this would be a case of assault.

If it's true, I hope nobody lost his eyesight.

Stupid.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltAlum
I think a case could be made that this would be a case of assault.

If it's true, I hope nobody lost his eyesight.

Stupid.
You mean battery

At any rate, it's not battery if it is consented to. Many state laws make this behavior something which cannot be consented to (you cannot consent to an illegal act), but not all states do this.

/prosser & keeton

But yeah, stupid is a word that comes to mind.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 08-14-2006, 06:20 PM

You're right. The consent part is interesting. I wasn't aware of that.

Thanks.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.