GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,167
1 members and 1,166 guests
No Members online

Old 01-25-2005, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Shima-Mizu, what a fantastic honor! Congratulations!
Old 01-26-2005, 08:02 PM
GreekChat Member

9 weeks? That's miserable. BUT you will have such an AMAZING experience! And think how much growing you two will do as a couple. Oh you're just going to have a great time. That's so cool. I'm so stoked for you!

L&L,
KTK
Old 02-05-2005, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Shima-Mizu
Yeah it's like a big honor a big "EEP! I'm going to die from lack of English / missing my daily Joel conversations"

it will all be worth it in the end and I'll be much more fluent when all is said and done though!
Old 02-06-2005, 11:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Broken Key I will be losing half my Advisory Board after this semester and we're not having any luck at all recruiting new people in.

Fleur-de-lis We just found out we're getting a CC, which will be GREAT for the chapter!
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 02-07-2005, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Fleur-de-lis We had a fabulous Rho Province Meeting, in Newport, with help from Rhode Island Alumnae Assocation. (They rock!) Our attendance was record-breaking, and everyone had a fantastic weekend with excellent workshops and amazing Fraternity VIP visitors.

Broken Key The work project from hell that I didn't finish before I left for Newport was still there when I got back to the office.

Kappa Kappa Gamma

Tradition of Leadership

Old 02-18-2005, 02:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Fleur-de-lis: i cleaned out my closet in preparation to move out of this apartment soon and goodwill shall receive lots of things from me shortly.

broken key:my car is making odd odd noises
Old 02-18-2005, 02:21 AM
GreekChat Member

broken key: this is very sadly and seriously broken...i can't attend province this year in toronto b/c i have finals at that time
Old 02-22-2005, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

fleur-de-lis: I'm starting to get over my sickness a bit...
broken key: i'm still sick x.x

bigger broken key: my grandma passed away last night and I can't get home to see the family....

please keep my family in your prayers as we all cope...

EDIT:
Fleur-de-lis: Today is my one year anniversary of being an active initiated member of KKG

Last edited by Shima-Mizu; 02-22-2005 at 03:20 PM.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Broken Keys: (1) One of my cousins passed away last week from cancer. (2) I sprained the MCL in my left knee.

Fleur-de-lis: I won't have to have surgery!
Old 03-04-2005, 11:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Shima-Mizu and MSKKG I'm so sorry for your losses.
-----
broken key I still haven't found anyone to step up and volunteer for the chapter's HB and without a full HB, we can't start fundraising for a sprinkler system.

fleur-de-lis BUT I did have four fabulous women step up and volunteer to be on the AB!!
fleur-de-lis part deux AND I had a wonderful time at the Zeta province last weekend.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Fleur-de-lis: I'm in Japan!!! What a great way to spend Spring Break Even if I do have to do research and not just pure tourism....

Broken Key: It's 15 hours ahead here from my Valpo time zone... so it's really hard to talk to people back home, heh.

Fleur-de-lis: My fiance rocks so much that on Thursday, his day off (aka his day to sleep in) he actually got up and stayed online from 5am on just to catch me online when I got back from my days excursions (I came online around 6amish his time). Now that's love.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:01 PM
GreekChat Member

This is a combined Fleur-de-lis and Broken Key--you decide which is good or bad:

My niece was getting married on the 12th, so I flew to Mississippi on the 10th for the wedding festivities. I took my 90-yr.-old aunt (I was named for her) to her hair and nail appt. soon after I arrived.

My aunt was one of the hostesses for the bridesmaid luncheon at one of the antebellum homes in Vicksburg on the 11th. She wore a new pantsuit, and the food was wonderful. My aunt broke her hip a couple of years ago and uses a walker, but she took her time and made it. I took a picture of her and the bride, and someone else took a picture of my family.

When we got home, my aunt was wheezing and out of breath and wound up dying in my arms. She had told my sister (mom of the bride) that if anything happened to her to go on with the wedding and bury her in the dress she was going to wear to the wedding. We honored her wishes--how bittersweet. They put a single white rose on her seat at the wedding.

The wedding was wonderful--she would have loved it. We had the visitation on Mon. and the funeral on Tues. She looked beautiful (she was always dressed to the nines). The picture used for her obituary was the one of her and my niece that I took (my niece was cropped out, of course).

My knee is hurting more than it was, but I will be leaving for PT in a little bit.

It was an emotional up-and-down weekend, but I do feel blessed to be the one with her at the end.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

MSKKG,
I am so sorry for your loss, but I am happy that you were able to spend time with her. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

MSKKG

I am also very sorry for your loss. This has been a tough winter for you.

How nice you were able to be with her at the end. My thoughts are with you and your family.
Old 03-19-2005, 03:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Steph & Kari,

Thanks for the kind words. I still can't believe she is gone, but I am at peace about it. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Loyally,
Lillian