GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,506
2 members and 2,504 guests
John

Old 12-14-1999, 01:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Are there any of us out there?

Hi girls!

I just found this website and I think it is pretty cool. The sad thing is, I don't think I have seen any other Phis on this board. If there are any of you who access this board, let's get talking! Maybe it's because I just graduated and moved, that I am missing my girls so much... but I would love to hear from some of the extended fam. I hope this is the first step in gettting connected to each other!

AOE,
Allisha
Zeta Beta

------------------
"We ask ourselves, who am I to be talented, gorgeous, intelligent and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?"
-Marriane Wilson
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-08-2000, 03:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Hi Allisha, just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. I'm apart of the Delta Kappa chapter in Wisconsin. I don't check in very much but you're in my thoughts!
AOE, Amanda
Old 11-02-2000, 07:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

I'm out here too.
Just found the site and have been browsing all afternoon from my work desk. (very boring at work!)
I am a newly appointed chapter advisor and am wondering if anyone can give me any pointers on the following topics:
RUSH RUSH RUSH
We are a struggling chapter (numbers wise) and we really need to change our image (or at least GET one!!)... any ideas as to how to do this?
Also, an idea for a new preference party ceremony would be good.
Basically any ideas are good ideas.
Would love to hear from my sisters!
Old 12-05-2000, 09:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Hey all,

Where are all the Phis? Well, I gotta say I just happened on this site, but maybe we can get it linked to the International web page. I'm a Delta Phi from Cornell University, and we refounded in 1997. Best thing we did for recruitment is always (and I do mean always) wear our letters on campus. At Cornell, no one wears letters, so we stood out from the blur. And it worked! We went from 13 at the start of fall '97 to our current 109, and we are at ceiling on our campus! Go Phis!

AOE,
Katrina
Old 12-21-2000, 01:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Hey, I am the newly elected New Member Educator (Director of Member Education) of the Epsilon Phi deuteron chapter at North Carolina State. We are also struggling in member size, and would also love any tips on rush. We got a good Preference ceremony from the East Carolina University chapter.
If anyone has any original ideas about fun things to incorporate in my meetings, I would love the help.
AOE,
Katy
Old 01-29-2001, 06:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face

Hey just wanted to let you all know how excited I am to be an Alpha Phi. I just went through last fall and am as involved as I can be. I am working on updating our website and I'd like to include our chapter's history. But.... We don't have the best alumnae involvement. Can anyone offer me some suggestions?
Old 02-23-2001, 12:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

"We don't have the best alumnae involvement. Can anyone offer me some suggestions?"

Actually, have you compiled a list and send out newsletters?

Or what about advisors? Our chapter has found that when we have a strong advisory board, more alums are involved because the advisors tend to stay involved w/ old A-Phis!

And I'm not just saying that because I am an advisor.

G

Old 03-22-2001, 05:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Gretchen
Yeah.... we are sending out newsletters and such. Our adviser is actually in a city two hours away. We are working hard. I'd appreciate any additional help.
Old 03-22-2001, 05:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Gretchen
Yeah.... we are sending out newsletters and such. Our adviser is actually in a city two hours away. We are working hard. I'd appreciate any additional help.

AOE,
heather
Old 05-24-2001, 12:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Hi! My name's Kristin. I'm a member of the Theta Theta chapter at SJU in Philly! It's great to be able to talk to new Phi's!

Alpha Phi Love and Mine,
Kristin
Old 06-29-2001, 03:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey, I am here representing Sacramento State in California, Epsilon Gamma chapter! This is such a great way to be able to talk to Phi's all over the country! How are everyone's chapters doing? How are our numbers? Any news? I would love to hear anything!
Old 07-26-2001, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi A-Phis! I actually am a fellow advisor of PhiBear above. Just wanted to say hello to everyone.

Also, I created this website a few months ago for A-Phis to have their own private forum if anyone is interested. Everything is public except for the message board area which is password protected. One message board is for advisors only and the other for any A-Phi. The site is www.alphaphi.cityslide.com and if anyone is interested please drop by. I hesitated on promoting it just because I was busy, but I was planning on sending the passwords to all the advisors listed on our int'l site. What does everyone think of this idea?

I also wanted for the future to add a picture of each chapter as well as news bits from everyone (I find the quarterly doesn't catch all the sororities all the time and is limited by space). Maybe also help to organize get togethers between chapters through the site. I don't think any other sorority has something like this yet. Any comments?

[This message has been edited by Manatsu (edited July 26, 2001).]
Old 08-03-2001, 01:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

A PHInatic...this sounds like a great idea! Send out those passwords! I am a Delta Beta A Phi from Texas A&M-Commerce. A Phi's are few and far between in the south...this would be a great way for us to interact with some other sisters! Great idea!
Old 08-10-2001, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

I found out a girl that I became friends online with a few months ago is an A-Phi after much research since she never told me which sorority she was in. I haven't heard from her in a few months. I know that she had to leave Tufts university bc she got really sick with lyme disease. A-phi at Tufts doesn't have a webpage and i tried emailing the advisor, but mailer-daemon said her address didn't work. Does anyone know a way i can find out if Alexis Cristina Weber deactivated or took alum status when she left Tufts? I received a forward a few months ago from her, but i haven't had any letters from her. I want to see how she is doing. Thanks!!
Old 08-14-2001, 01:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Hi Ladies!

Just checking out the boards and, the original poster is right, we need to get talking! That means we need to forward the forum address to people we know and encourage them to use it!

This is a wonderful way for Alpha Phis around the world to share ideas and experiences!

Love in AOE,
G

[This message has been edited by TexasPhi (edited August 15, 2001).]