GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,567
1 members and 1,566 guests
speedsters

Old 04-25-2011, 11:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Question for DST members- REPOST

I'm just reposting this since it was closed due to someone using pejoratives in their response to my question. Here is my original question.

When I was in undergrad I applied to DST with about 6 of my friends and after the interview I was denied membership while all the rest of my closest friends made the line. Fast forward to their probate I was told by one of my friends that I didn't make the line because one of their prophytes heard that I was talking to her ex boyfriend. I ended up losing my friends over the division this caused and some other issues. Now that it's many, many years later I'm interested in an alumnae chapter in my state but I feel like the stigma of this situation may follow me especially because one of my former friends has become a prominent member of DST. Is it even worth trying to continue to achieve my goal of joining this sisterhood when I may have to rehash this situation and people may have already formed opinions about me based on others opinions?

I appreciate all of your feedback. Thanks.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlust7 View Post
I'm just reposting this since it was closed due to someone using pejoratives in their response to my question. Here is my original question.

When I was in undergrad I applied to DST with about 6 of my friends and after the interview I was denied membership while all the rest of my closest friends made the line. Fast forward to their probate I was told by one of my friends that I didn't make the line because one of their prophytes heard that I was talking to her ex boyfriend. I ended up losing my friends over the division this caused and some other issues. Now that it's many, many years later I'm interested in an alumnae chapter in my state but I feel like the stigma of this situation may follow me especially because one of my former friends has become a prominent member of DST. Is it even worth trying to continue to achieve my goal of joining this sisterhood when I may have to rehash this situation and people may have already formed opinions about me based on others opinions?

I appreciate all of your feedback. Thanks.
QFP
Old 04-25-2011, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm pretty sure your thread was closed not because of the pejorative but because this is a membership related question.

Good luck to you in your quest.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:12 PM
Banned

Actually, the pejorative is not the only reason the thread was closed.

If you do not see how your question (that shouldn't have been asked) was answered the first time then NO IT IS NOT WORTH IT FOR YOU TO TRY TO BECOME A DELTA.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you Senusret. I didn't read the rules of the forum before posting as I should have. Now I know. I appreciate you speaking to me as one adult to another.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thank you Senusret. I didn't read the rules of the forum before posting as I should have. Now I know. I appreciate you speaking to me as one adult to another.

Seeing as though I'm a Delta and Senusret is not, you will need to check your passive aggression at the door before interacting with the alumnae chapter. That is, if you are keen enough to figure out whether you will be interacting with the alumnae chapter. Good luck.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Dr. Phil I thanked Senusret because I had already thanked you for your feedback on the original thread I created. I didn't see the need to do it again. But I hear you and appreciate your opinion, again.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Dr. Phil I thanked Senusret because I had already thanked you for your feedback on the original thread I created. I didn't see the need to do it again. But I hear you and appreciate your opinion, again.
If you say so.

Good luck either way.