GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,271
0 members and 2,271 guests
No Members online

Old 03-05-2006, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sashi
How do i find out when a organization is having rush?

Since i go to a school where there are no sororities on campus i have to go off the way to find out when the soroity that i want to be a member of is holding rush...i felt like i have been getting the run around for the past year now becasue i have been emailing and calling people be i get no response....So my question is what do i do? how can i find out when a specific sorority is haveing rush?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-05-2006, 03:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Um, if there are no sororities on your campus, how exactly do you plan on joining one?

Unless you want to join an NPHC sorority, which often has city wide chapters, but there's no indication in your post that such is the case.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:25 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm getting the impression that it is an NPHC sorority that she's interested in. Or perhaps a local or multicultural that also operates citywide. I know there have been other posters commenting that it can be difficult to find out when a particular NPHC sorority is recruiting or rushing or beginning intake or what have you. Unfortunately I can't offer much advice besides keeping in contact with any friends you may have in that sorority...
Old 03-06-2006, 10:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kddani
Um, if there are no sororities on your campus, how exactly do you plan on joining one?

Unless you want to join an NPHC sorority, which often has city wide chapters, but there's no indication in your post that such is the case.
since i go to York coll. i have to go to St Johns if i want to pledge but its difficult to get the info from there since i am not a student

ps whats npch ?
Old 03-06-2006, 10:04 AM

Just for everyone's clarification I'm guessing this is the college she means out of the MANY York Colleges out there.

http://www.york.cuny.edu/
Old 03-06-2006, 10:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Quote:
Originally posted by Sashi
since i go to York coll. i have to go to St Johns if i want to pledge but its difficult to get the info from there since i am not a student

ps whats npch ?
From the NPHC website:
Quote:
The National Pan-Hellenic Council, Incorporated (NPHC) is currently composed of nine (9) International Greek letter Sororities and Fraternities: Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc., Iota Phi Theta Fraternity, Inc., Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. and Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
http://www.stjohns.edu/campus/queens...eek/greeks.sju

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PenguinTrax
http://www.stjohns.edu/campus/queens...eek/greeks.sju
i actually went to the campus a few time and spoke to the person there. She just basically said that she would pass my information along to the Deltas but nobody ever got back to me....The next thing i did was just go on the campus and asked who was a member of that particular soroity and i finally met someone who was...but she couldnt tell me when they were gonna start rush, she just told me that i had to go to the events sponsored by them if i wanted to find out. The only problem with that is that they dont post events at York i wouldnt be able to find out when the events were...so she told me to email her my information and that she would put me on a contact list for sponsered events and i havent heard from them since so now I am at a loss for my next step
Old 03-06-2006, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
the Deltas
Delta Sigma Theta?
Delta Delta Delta?
Delta Zeta?

which

If it is Delta Sigma Theta, I don't think the Rush forum is the best place to get answers. And the Delta Sigma Theta forum, itself, does not entertain membership related questions.

If it Delta Sigma Theta that you don't know about NPHC.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CrimsonTide4
Delta Sigma Theta?
Delta Delta Delta?
Delta Zeta?

which

If it is Delta Sigma Theta, I don't think the Rush forum is the best place to get answers. And the Delta Sigma Theta forum, itself, does not entertain membership related questions.

so what do you think i should do then?? Not to become a member ..but jst to find out about events and stuff like that?

If it Delta Sigma Theta that you don't know about NPHC.
and that, i kinda knew i just wasnt sure.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
i actually went to the campus a few time and spoke to the person there. She just basically said that she would pass my information along to the Deltas but nobody ever got back to me....The next thing i did was just go on the campus and asked who was a member of that particular soroity and i finally met someone who was...but she couldnt tell me when they were gonna start rush, she just told me that i had to go to the events sponsored by them if i wanted to find out. The only problem with that is that they dont post events at York i wouldnt be able to find out when the events were...so she told me to email her my information and that she would put me on a contact list for sponsered events and i havent heard from them since so now I am at a loss for my next step

She told you what to do.................Go to their events.........
Old 03-06-2006, 05:28 PM

Do they post events on the St John's website or the chapter's own website? Check those, don't wait to be put on a mailling list.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rho4life
She told you what to do.................Go to their events.........
would be nice... if i only knew when and where to go
Old 03-06-2006, 05:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 33girl
Do they post events on the St John's website or the chapter's own website? Check those, don't wait to be put on a mailling list.
no they dont post events on the st johns website..i want to go back to the campus and try to dig up another one of thier members...but im starting to feel like a stalker
Old 03-06-2006, 05:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OhioCentaur Send a message via Yahoo to OhioCentaur
Quote:
no they dont post events on the st johns website..i want to go back to the campus and try to dig up another one of thier members...but im starting to feel like a stalker
Dont feel like a stalker. If you continue to pursue the worse they can say is that you really are interested. I'm not super profound and well knowledged with the way sororities do things but speaking very general, the best thing you can show that organization is persistance. So my advice to you is to continue to try, continue to seek them out and continue to make an effort to do what you have to to get where you want to be.