GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 1,652
0 members and 1,652 guests
No Members online

Old 08-08-2000, 10:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Post Dry Fraternities

Ok, this goes out the the fraternities that are going dry this year, and fall semester/quarter will be their first time dry. I think FIJI, Delta Sigma Phi, and Sigma Nu are the ones on my campus.

How do you think this will work out? Does your chapter plan to follow these rules? I know the way one of the chapters at Rose is getting around it is that they have satellite houses, and can drink and hang out there.

For those that have been dry for a while, how has it worked out?

I know I don't want LCA to go dry, but if we did, my chapter would go along with it, grudgingly. I see it as a big issue on my campus because the campus isn't really dry.

------------------
Steve Corbin
Lambda Chi Alpha
Theta Kappa Chapter
Rose-Hulman Inst. of Tech.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-08-2000, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

My house had been dry for almost three years and is still the only dry house on campus. At first it was hard on the house, especially during rush--who would want to pledge the dry house when there are six other wet ones? Eventually views changed and our numbers are growing every year.

---------------------
Eric Oberle
Phi Kappa Sigma
Alpha Epsilon Chapter
Illinois Institute of Technology
Old 08-08-2000, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

That brings up another topic, rush for dry houses. Since our rush is dry, and fraternities aren't really supposed to talk about alcohol, I wonder what will happen when/if that comes up.

------------------
Steve Corbin
Lambda Chi Alpha
Theta Kappa Chapter
Rose-Hulman Inst. of Tech.
Old 08-14-2000, 01:15 AM
GreekChat Member

All the fraternities are going dry on my campus by Fall 2001 rush.
So far, about 50% of the fraternities on campus have gone "dry", and it basically means nothing to most of them. "Dry Rush" to them means that they just have to drink OFF campus... they think they're pretty smart for figuring that out. Of course it makes rush extremely expensive (renting places to party) or extremely dangerous (drinking & driving).
The city police and the university police are far from happy about this dry policy-- it just means more people to give DUI's to.