GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,429
1 members and 1,428 guests
speedsters
Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 08:16 PM
GreekChat Member

oh and this was a what if scenario. i actually have a 2.12. i said that bc id be able to get that gpa if i took summer courses.

but also about the summer courses thing. i would need 9 to get a 2.5. but the maximum u can take during summer is 7

here we go with exceptions again, but do you think my advisor could let me take 9? i also really want a 2.5 so i can get into my major.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie's_Rush View Post
Is that a minimum for new members, for initiation or for maintaining membership? It just seems awfully low for a recruitment minimum GPA.
its the requirement just to get in. i know girls in the sorority that told me they have even lower than that
Old 06-07-2011, 08:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondebabe8 View Post
oh and this was a what if scenario. i actually have a 2.12. i said that bc id be able to get that gpa if i took summer courses.

but also about the summer courses thing. i would need 9 to get a 2.5. but the maximum u can take during summer is 7

here we go with exceptions again, but do you think my advisor could let me take 9? i also really want a 2.5 so i can get into my major.
1. A 2.12? Really?

2. Why in the hell are you asking US what YOUR ADVISOR will/won't do?

Old 06-07-2011, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
its the requirement just to get in. i know girls in the sorority that told me they have even lower than that
She wasn't asking you about your situation.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie's_Rush View Post
Is that a minimum for new members, for initiation or for maintaining membership? It just seems awfully low for a recruitment minimum GPA.
It encompasses everything, recruitment included (unless something was changed at the 2010 convention that I'm unaware of). However, what each chapter requires could obviously be higher.

@~/~~~~
Old 06-07-2011, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

ohh
Old 06-07-2011, 08:23 PM
GreekChat Member

i have a 2.12 because i never studied. might sound dumb but i didnt stufy because i had NO friends in college and my roommate was a lesbian and i had disgusting horrible severe acne all over that would prevent me from going to classes or the library..i skipped so many classes cuz of that jesus..and i just cant study in my dorm. she always blasted music and yeah bc of the acne i just isolated myself. but its better and im clear now. and yeah i do worst in school when i have no friends because i get depressed and cant concentrate on school work. when my social life is good my academics are too
Old 06-07-2011, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
i have a 2.12 because i never studied. might sound dumb but i didnt stufy because i had NO friends in college and my roommate was a lesbian and i had disgusting horrible severe acne all over that would prevent me from going to classes or the library..i skipped so many classes cuz of that jesus..and i just cant study in my dorm. she always blasted music and yeah bc of the acne i just isolated myself. but its better and im clear now. and yeah i do worst in school when i have no friends because i get depressed and cant concentrate on school work. when my social life is good my academics are too
I call bullshit on this entire story.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

what do you mean?
Old 06-07-2011, 08:26 PM
GreekChat Member

that was real. swear to god. everything in that was absolutely 100% true
Old 06-07-2011, 08:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Ignoring everything else in this post (which is hard to do), what does your roommate being a lesbian have to do with anything?

This is getting ridiculous.

@~/~~~~
Old 06-07-2011, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I'd be more worried about flunking out of school than not getting a bid to a sorority if I were you.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:32 PM
GreekChat Member

LOL... acne preventing someone from going to class. Funniest thing I've heard all day.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:33 PM
GreekChat Member

theres no way im flunking im a smart girl and i can easily get it up. the point of saying i was rooming with a lesbian is because i also had no friends and knew no one there so it just added to my depression. shed masturbate every night, blast heavy metal, would never go out with me, looked like a freak, like usually ppl make friends with their roommates to get out but i couldnt and it killed my social life and just made me so depressed
Old 06-07-2011, 08:34 PM
GreekChat Member

how is that funny victoria?!!! it looked like i had a disease. it was on my neck face chest back alllll over severe. i would worry all day about running into people. and would skip classes bc i didnt wanna leave my dorm and go out in the world. nothing funny about that..it was serious and changed my life. it was horrible you dont understand
Closed Thread