GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,946
1 members and 1,945 guests
fmanning

Old 06-22-2007, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Recruitment

Hi my name is Nathan and I am a minority student going through recuitment at University of Arkansas and I am wondering what should I do to prepare for it and what do you think my chances are?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-23-2007, 01:04 AM

Good luck with recruitment. Are you going through IFC rush or NPHC rush? Let us know so that we can give you more advice.

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 06-23-2007, 02:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I am going through IFC rush
Old 06-23-2007, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations and wish you the very best.

I do not know how NIC/IFC rush is there but you need to take a look and check it out.

One of my very good friends from my chapter is Afro-American and we take the person on who they are alone.

Attend, walk in well dressed, and be friendly! Well dressed doesn't mean a Tux or anything! Sorry, just well dressed causually!

I remember a guy going through in a Tux one time and all were going say what!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 07-02-2007, 08:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the advice but if anyone else wants to comment all the extra input would be greatly appreciated
Old 07-02-2007, 11:47 PM
GreekChat Member

There are others who are more familiar with Arkansas and may be able to give you more specific advice. In the meantime, here is some very general advice.

Check with the Greek Life office (call them if the information isn't on their website - you might actually get someone during the summer) to see if there are any rush events this summer. Also the various websites for the chapters at Arkansas. Summer rush is most likely going on now in various parts of the state. Maybe outside as well. (Memphis for example.) There might be a party in your area that you might want to attend. And if you miss any summer rush events, then look into going through formal rush in the fall. For sure, check with the UA Greek Life office to get information when that is and how it is run etc.

If you know anyone who is a current Greek at Arkansas (or even non Greek), ask them what to expect and how to prepare. Chapters are different on each campus. And each campus is different as well. And rush/recruitment can be different for chapters year to year based on turnover etc. Hopefully, they will have a better idea as to what you might expect.

Having said this, the simple generic answer is be yourself. At the same time, let the memebers know how you will be an assist to the chapter. What you have to offer etc. And have fun.

Best of luck.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi I attend the university of Arkansas and I commend you on going Greek next year. Currently on campus we have 12 fraternties on campus they are Alpha Gamma Rho, Farmhouse, Kappa Sigma,Lambda Chi Alpha, Phi Delta Theta, Phi Gamma Delta, Pi Kappa Alpha, Phi Iota Alpha (first year on campus). Sigma Alpha Epsilon, Sigma Chi, Sigma Nu, Sigma Phi Epsilon. When you come to campus go out meet guys in the houses see which one you like the best because its all up to you. But I recommend Sigma Chi because my boyfriend is a Sig and those are great group of guys but wish you the best of luck!!
Old 12-03-2007, 10:59 AM
GreekChat Member

I am also a minority student. I attend USC and I decided to rush with Lambda Chi Alpha. I was worried at the beginning because I am a minority but I found a great group of guys at Lambda Chi Alpha and like Tom Earp said they take the person on who they are as a person, not color.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LXAfall07 View Post
I am also a minority student. I attend USC and I decided to rush with Lambda Chi Alpha. I was worried at the beginning because I am a minority but I found a great group of guys at Lambda Chi Alpha and like Tom Earp said they take the person on who they are as a person, not color.

Thank you my fellow Brother and what I said was ment from the heart and is so true.

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 12-03-2007, 07:03 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzbckstudent06 View Post
Hi my name is Nathan and I am a minority student going through recuitment at University of Arkansas and I am wondering what should I do to prepare for it and what do you think my chances are?
S'up, Nathan. Just be yourself and don't be nervous. that's the most important key when going thru rush. everything else should fall into place for you. Good Luck.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!