GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,467
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Bioxtrim
» Online Users: 1,156
0 members and 1,156 guests
No Members online

Old 12-23-2008, 01:52 PM
GreekChat Member

minimum gpa?

i'm in kappa delta and for some reason--i know this sounds terrible--i don't know what the minimum gpa is. i just got my grades from my first semester at college...let's just say i had a rough time. i'm freaking out. does the minimum gpa vary by chapter or is it a national thing? what is it!?

<<<<this is how i feel :-(
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-23-2008, 02:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Check your chapter's bylaws.

In any event, regardless of whether or not you're above the minimum GPA, it sounds like you need help. I would encourage you to contact your chapter's scholarship chair ASAP. She'll be able to help you find resources to help you get your grades up, get you on a study plan, find sisters who may be able to help, etc. This is one of the benefits of being in a sorority- these resources. Obviously spring semester will be a time for you to hit the books big time and get your grades up. Not only do you risk being on academic probation from KD, but also from your school. And your grades will help you get a job and/or into graduate school, so it should be of the utmost importance to you to bring yourself up.

Good luck!
Old 12-28-2008, 03:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to KDAngel Send a message via AIM to KDAngel
Dani's right -- check your chapter's bylaws. It varies by chapter. National KD won't kick you out or anything for one bad semester, but you absolutely can end up in your chapter's academic probation.

Your chapter will find out come January what your grades were this past semester, it's released to the house, so fess up now if you haven't already. That way it's not a surprise to your academic chair and president.

Beyond that, take this semester as a time to reprioritize -- school first and THEN Kappa Delta. I definitely had to learn that lesson as well, so don't fret. Just be sure to learn it in ONE semester.

If you end on academic probation too often, then national KD can put you on national probation. Not sure about the details of that, but you don't need to worry about that just yet.
Alpha Rho Chapter at the University of Maryland, PR Adviser: www.umdkappadelta.org
*COUNTRY FIRST* Conservative. Republican. Proud.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Also, your CAB (advisory board) will have an advisor who works with the scholarship chair. She is also a potential resource for helping with study skills, time management, sounding board, etc. I would have loved it if any of the women on academic probation had come to me for help, rather than me trying to chase them down! lol.... Good luck.