GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,801
0 members and 1,801 guests
No Members online

Old 08-07-2018, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation Want to make more friends in Sorority

Hi guys, so I rushed as a freshman and got my first choice house! I was so excited and happy to meet everyone/participate...until the next recruitment yr. I felt too ugly to make friends with anyone because they're ALL beautiful. Anyways, I went idle(bare minimum participation, never did anything) the last two yrs and now I'm a senior this year, that has no friends in it, only a few girls that I seldomly talk to. I've felt a mix of, "I'm not good enough for this house, so why would they be my friends" and "it's too late for me". How can I rekindle past friendships and make new friends with my sisters in the sorority as a senior?? I love my sorority and wearing the letters, but I hate not having any friends. Any advice?
Old 08-07-2018, 05:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyy View Post
Hi guys, so I rushed as a freshman and got my first choice house! I was so excited and happy to meet everyone/participate...until the next recruitment yr. I felt too ugly to make friends with anyone because they're ALL beautiful. Anyways, I went idle(bare minimum participation, never did anything) the last two yrs and now I'm a senior this year, that has no friends in it, only a few girls that I seldomly talk to. I've felt a mix of, "I'm not good enough for this house, so why would they be my friends" and "it's too late for me". How can I rekindle past friendships and make new friends with my sisters in the sorority as a senior?? I love my sorority and wearing the letters, but I hate not having any friends. Any advice?
How do you go from rushing as a freshman to rushing as a junior?

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=232780
Old 08-07-2018, 05:29 PM

Let’s give Lilyy the benefit of the doubt and pretend she started over with a new major and got a bid. And just give advice for this kind of situation to people who might need it.

It’s never too late to get involved. Go to everything, volunteer and be helpful, and think positive. Don’t put yourself down - it makes others extremely uncomfortable, as if you find them to be dolts for socializing with you.
Old 08-07-2018, 05:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

When did I say I was a junior? I rushed as a freshman and have been apart of it for 3yrs. I am a senior now. If you don't have useful advice, please do not waste my or your time.
Old 08-07-2018, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
When did I say I was a junior? I rushed as a freshman and have been apart of it for 3yrs. I am a senior now. If you don't have useful advice, please do not waste my or your time.

Posts like this prove the internet is forever.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation

I apologize for not putting this in the original post I made for this(didn't think I would need to, but I forgot some of y'all don't have lives' and need to entertain yourselves somehow), but I am NOT Lily. I am her family member, the one who ACTUALLY encouraged her to rush. I did not want to make an account, so I am using hers. Lily did not end up in a house if y'all are that nosy/curious by the way. She joined a christian sorority. Anyways, advice for ME please. I rushed as a freshman and got into the house I wanted.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I am NOT Lily, please read my more-detailed reply.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Quote:
I apologize for not putting this in the original post I made for this(didn't think I would need to, but I forgot some of y'all don't have lives' and need to entertain yourselves somehow), but I am NOT Lily. I am her family member, the one who ACTUALLY encouraged her to rush. I did not want to make an account, so I am using hers. Lily did not end up in a house if y'all are that nosy/curious by the way. She joined a christian sorority. Anyways, advice for ME please. I rushed as a freshman and got into the house I wanted.
Quote:
I am NOT Lily, please read my more-detailed reply.
This is just way weird. Make your own account. What kind of family member are you, by the way.

Mercury is in retrograde. Six other planets recently went retrograde, FWIW. That excuses your rudeness, perhaps.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 08-07-2018, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, this is certainly entertaining!

Whoever you are, you cannot simply use someone else's credentials here. Seems a lot like you are lying and trying to create excuses to cover all the information you posted before. You will not get the information that you seek with lies or being rude. Kind of seems obvious why you don't have a single friend in your sorority.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

Is English your first language? "Seldomly?" You're in a sorority "that has no friends in it"?

OK, I call troll.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
Whoa..... How did I miss last year's thread and this one?! GC had been boring for a while, but a few winners lately to remind me to stop by

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 08-08-2018, 12:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Whoever you are, this ain't Greek Rank. Go back to GR. Maybe they will answer you.... Oh, no. Looks like no one will speak to you at all there.
Old 08-08-2018, 08:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Every now and then I enjoy some mindless reading with my morning coffee. This was a treat. I'm so glad andthen linked last year's thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
What kind of family member are you, by the way.
The cat, maybe?