GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 1,511
1 members and 1,510 guests
No Members online

Old 12-20-2010, 11:43 PM
GreekChat Member

How to become an AKA when your a city tech student

Hello everyone!!
My name is Sharday friends call me "Day". I'm currently a student at

New York City College of Technology. I've been thinking about joining a sorority for quiet sometime now. After the research I've done I 've decided that Alpha Kappa Alpha INC would be a great fit for me. I went to their website and did a chapter search seems they have a chapter in brooklyn, I wanted to know how do I got about actually being abole to go to their events, and can I be a cuny student and still try to become a memeber?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-20-2010, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

1. You're giving away too much info.

2. Please read before posting.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsDay View Post
Hello everyone!!

New York City College of Technology. I've been thinking about joining a sorority for quiet sometime now. After the research I've done I 've decided that Alpha Kappa Alpha INC would be a great fit for me. I went to their website and did a chapter search seems they have a chapter in brooklyn, I wanted to know how do I got about actually being abole to go to their events, and can I be a cuny student and still try to become a memeber?
Looking for their national website via Google makes more sense than coming here.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Hello everyone!!

Because it is Christmas time and I am trying to be nice:

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/an...t.php?f=47&a=5
Old 12-21-2010, 07:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Wow. How about you first start off by learning some critical writing skills.

Smooooooooooth operatooooor. Smoooooooooooooooooooooooooth
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 12-21-2010, 09:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
Wow. How about you first start off by learning some critical writing skills.

Smooooooooooth operatooooor. Smoooooooooooooooooooooooooth
Oooohhhh....Me next! Me next!

You could start off, like DS said, by learning the difference between "your" and "you're" if you are attempting to impress the ladies of AKA (or anyone, for that matter).
Old 12-21-2010, 09:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
You could start off, like DS said, by learning the difference between "your" and "you're" if you are attempting to impress the ladies of AKA (or anyone, for that matter).
Or the difference between "quiet" and "quite," "got" and "go," "abole" and "able," and "memeber" and "member."

A quick refresher in punctuation wouldn't hurt either.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:18 AM
GreekChat Member

lastly Brooklyn
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 12-21-2010, 09:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
Or the difference between "quiet" and "quite," "got" and "go," "abole" and "able," and "memeber" and "member."

Hahaha, I failed to look at the rest of the message after I read the title. That's just another reason I like you MC.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
Hahaha, I failed to look at the rest of the message after I read the title. That's just another reason I like you MC.
awww come on you coulnt have misseded all of those. punctaton eras!
Old 12-21-2010, 08:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
awww come on you coulnt have misseded all of those. punctaton eras!
Okay! Okay! I also like you!
Old 12-21-2010, 08:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post

Did someone say memeber?

Old 12-22-2010, 03:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LikeASista
Quote:
Hello everyone!!

Of course you can be a "cuny" student and TRY as much as you'd like to become a "memeber". One thing that might help your quest even moreso is a spell check, grammar check and a punctuation check software system. Nevertheless, thank you so much for this information. I will certainly tell all of my sorors about you based on the information you've provided here. Good luck ...
#1 - Spring 2000

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." - Mother Teresa
Old 12-23-2010, 11:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeASista View Post
Of course you can be a "cuny" student and TRY as much as you'd like to become a "memeber". One thing that might help your quest even moreso is a spell check, grammar check and a punctuation check software system. Nevertheless, thank you so much for this information. I will certainly tell all of my sorors about you based on the information you've provided here. Good luck ...

I LOVE IT.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Instead of the Intro forum, can we make new posters watch the entire School House Rock collection and pass a test on the contents before posting? Please?