GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,154
3 members and 2,151 guests
No Members online

Old 08-19-2019, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Just found out my rec girl went Delta Delta Delta!!!
Old 08-19-2019, 09:01 PM
GreekChat Member

My friend's daughter found her home at Delta Phi Epsilon!!
Old 08-19-2019, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, now that the confusion has cleared, I just want to know two things: where did that pnm in the blue chambray sundress and sneaks end up? And where did she get that dress? Because: Arizona is hot and that dress would be my summer go-to for sure. It's so cool looking! I have maxi dresses like that, and would love to have a short version. Been searching the internet, there are lots of cute choices, but I want that one. Or close to it.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 08-19-2019, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
Okay, now that the confusion has cleared, I just want to know two things: where did that pnm in the blue chambray sundress and sneaks end up? And where did she get that dress? Because: Arizona is hot and that dress would be my summer go-to for sure. It's so cool looking! I have maxi dresses like that, and would love to have a short version. Been searching the internet, there are lots of cute choices, but I want that one. Or close to it.
I was wondering the same thing...where the girl in the blue dress pledged! Maybe we can get one of our fine Southern Panhellenic sisters to put some feelers out.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:48 PM
GreekChat Member

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...70304&sfnsn=mo

It was a rainy Bid Day but AGD welcome 81 new members today.
Old 08-20-2019, 09:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
I was wondering the same thing...where the girl in the blue dress pledged! Maybe we can get one of our fine Southern Panhellenic sisters to put some feelers out.
I really want Chambray Dress to post her recruitment story, including details about her wardrobe purchases. I wonder if she knows she's our rush crush?
Old 08-20-2019, 10:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
I really want Chambray Dress to post her recruitment story, including details about her wardrobe purchases. I wonder if she knows she's our rush crush?
Seriously!! Maybe everyone show her photo to our chapters there...see if anyone knows! LOL. It's a great mystery!
Old 08-26-2019, 06:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
What was quota?
Old 08-27-2019, 05:50 PM
GreekChat Member

UGA Panhellenic posted on IG that they set a record with highest Bid Day numbers of 1,427 pnm’s.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Still no luck finding out about Chambray Dress Girl? I am not a good sleuth in these matters. If only we could read her name tag . . . . Yeah, that's not creepy and stalkerish AT ALL! HAHAHA!!!
Old 08-23-2021, 02:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Is there a thread for 2021 UGA Recruitment? This is the only one that came up in my search.
Old 08-23-2021, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

No, and now I want to know about Chambray Girl up there.
Old 08-23-2021, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
You know why? Because there are all these websites that say that no sorority requires recs. And they don't mention how huge the early cuts are so they won't offend moms who think their darlings wouldn't possibly receive cuts.
Just now looking back to read the first part....and I can also tell you that college Panhellenics EMPHASIZE that recs aren't required. And of course panhellenics is the authority and what do we know?
I also run 3 sorority recruitment Facebook pages at two big SEC colleges, and there are several moms not only insisting their daughter got a bid without recs, but also encouraging other mothers not get them!
And no, they don't listen when we tell them that, while their fabulous daughter is beautiful, sweet, award-winning and smart with a GPA of 3.8, there are 2499 girls who are all beautiful, sweet, award-winning with GPAS of 3.9 and beyond.

Old 08-23-2021, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
You just need to spend a little time on youtube, looking at videos, and you will have a pretty good picture of what's at stake.
And another thing....those videos that PNMs are putting their faith in are made by second-semester freshman or sophomores who either haven't been through recruitment on the sorority side, or have only been through once. They don't even know their own sorority's policies and procedures, never mind al the behind-closed-doors matching, research, etc. that goes into the mix.

Old 08-23-2021, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

MSKKG-love the Chambray dress too, but the placement of her name tag does make it kinda stalker-ish to stare at it. She sure looks happy!