GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,449
2 members and 1,447 guests
LaneSig, Phrozen Sands

Old 11-01-2016, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey navane, I was attempting sarcasm (or something of the sort). Remarks not directed at anyone on this thread! Should have used "indeed" instead of "sure" to start off the first sentence, huh?

I'm with 33 and Titchou and you and everyone else here; this is really making me very uncomfortable. At a campus where the majority of chapters are housed (such as Indiana), with a few chapters not yet housed, this (having everyone have parties at a neutral site) may not be feasible. And there are other factors as well in that scenario.

But at NMSU they don't have that issue. So what's the big protest from the housed chapters about moving recruitment to neutral sites so that all chapters are on the same playing field? Uh uh. Doesn't sit well, at all.

More and more I think about Animal Farm. "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-01-2016, 06:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
seems to me that this is an appropriate time to call in your NPC Area Adviser.
This is exactly what I was going to say- they will decide what is "fairest" overall (I'm assuming it would be a third location[s]). We need to go to our area advisor often; they are usually very open to helping and quite friendly!
Old 12-30-2016, 03:29 AM
GreekChat Member

We just recently got houses at my university and, before that, each sorority had their own decorated room in the University Center for recruitment.
Old 12-31-2016, 01:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I think Texas State's program would be a good one to follow - all parties until preference are at the hotel. Preference is held at the houses. It would be a good compromise, because up until pref everyone is on a level playing field, while allowing (at pref) the housed sororities a chance to showcase their houses.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:35 PM
GreekChat Member

At my university, we have many chapters with housing and a few without, and we all just use different rooms in our university's student union building. We also switch up what rooms we're in each night based off of RFM numbers, and on pref some chapters host in different rooms around campus. However, recruiting sisters and recruitment counselors have to always be careful when discussing why certain chapters don't have housing, because a few of our chapters without on campus housing lost theirs due to infractions with the university. My chapter, for example, just got our house a few years ago, but our VPR repeatedly told us not to describe our house as "new" so we didn't have to answer any questions that might be perceived as recruitment violations.