GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 862
0 members and 862 guests
No Members online

Old 03-10-2019, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

LOL...those little girls have the "skinny arm" pose down; but, the photos would have been even more epic if they had done the "sorority squat".

True and Constant
Old 03-11-2019, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
LOL...those little girls have the "skinny arm" pose down; but, the photos would have been even more epic if they had done the "sorority squat".
This!

The Solo cups did put it over the top, though...
Old 04-29-2019, 10:52 PM

I saw about a zillion AKAs around Easter weekend. I checked the sorority's web site and, sure enough, there was a regional conference in town.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Was out on a date tonight and I saw a guy in Sigma Tau Gamma letters; a first for me! Had I not been on a date I would have said something to him.
Old 06-16-2019, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

My future sister-in-law's bachelorette party was yesterday. I met and started talking to one of her friends and asked her where she went to college. She said Edinboro University and proceeded to try and explain to me where it was. I stopped her to tell her that I went to school 20 minutes north of there, so I know it well. I eventually found out she's an ASA. When I told her I'm an AST, she called over one of the other girls who's a Tri Sigma. And the bride's sister is a Phi Mu. Naturally, we had to get a photo with all of the sorority women together. No one did the sorority pose, though!

@~/~~~~
Old 06-16-2019, 03:00 PM
GreekChat Member

I spent the last few days in Atlanta and saw at least a dozen Delta Sigma Theta license plate frames. They’ve got quite an alum presence in that city.
Old 06-16-2019, 04:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes! I live in the suburbs of Atlanta and see NPHC letters several times a week.
Old 07-13-2019, 11:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I was out in Astoria, Queens tonight and saw someone wearing an NPC Panhellenic shirt - coat of arms on the back, "Recruitment 2018" on the front.

@~/~~~~
Old 07-14-2019, 04:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Driving around town for the first time in a few weeks: noticed the young woman who is a ZTA and lives down the road getting ready (extra early, once again) with many bags being placed into her automobile to return to Alabama for sorority recruitment. I believe this will be her senior year.

Also, saw rare Alpha Sigma Tau greek letters on a rear car window.

Lastly, a local newspaper obit for an 87-year-old woman mentioned her proud membership in Beta Sigma Phi.

ETA: This will likely garner it's own GC thread soon; read it on weather.com: Delta Sigma Theta donated 17,000 meals to storm victims, after Tropical Storm Barry forced the early cancellation of the DST New Orleans National Convention (I have no idea how to link the article, please do so if you are able thank you).

Last edited by Cheerio; 07-14-2019 at 04:24 PM.
Old 07-14-2019, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I was driving down I-24 towards Nashville this morning and passed three cars with Greek window decals: an ATO, a Pi Phi and a KKG. I looked to see if the drivers might belong to the actual Greek letters, but—DARK tinted windows on all three!
Old 07-15-2019, 12:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
ETA: This will likely garner it's own GC thread soon; read it on weather.com: Delta Sigma Theta donated 17,000 meals to storm victims, after Tropical Storm Barry forced the early cancellation of the DST New Orleans National Convention (I have no idea how to link the article, please do so if you are able thank you).
Wow, that's awesome! Here's an easier to read article from CNN: https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/13/us/de...rnd/index.html

True and Constant
Old 07-15-2019, 05:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw an ADPi car sticker the other day on my way out of my street. It was pretty weathered. I don't think people show off their affiliations out here in Ohio a lot, so it seems.

To Bind. To Strive. To Aid.

Missouri S&T
Old 07-19-2019, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDKells View Post
I saw an ADPi car sticker the other day on my way out of my street. It was pretty weathered. I don't think people show off their affiliations out here in Ohio a lot, so it seems.
A few states west from yours students excitedly display greek car magnets/stickers until about junior year, when same decals disappear never to return...
Old 07-19-2019, 07:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
I don't think I've posted this before, but I'm too lazy to look through all 192 pages of posts to find out. A few years ago, I found my 6th grade yearbook at my parents' house, when I was clearing some things out of my old room. My favorite teacher is wearing an APO T-shirt in one of the candid photos! We're Brothers!
Old 07-23-2019, 07:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
I passed a car with a Gamma Sigma Sigma sticker on my way home from work today. I don't think I've seen one of those around here before.