GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Lambda > Lambda Chi Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,471
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, veasfrances2534
» Online Users: 2,106
0 members and 2,106 guests
No Members online

Old 02-13-2003, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Mooch279
Question rush give aways

Does your chapter give out anything during rush to get your name out? Such as cups w/rush schedule on it or anything along those lines.
University of Maryland, Baltimore County '02
FD 279

Last edited by Mooch279; 02-13-2003 at 02:11 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-13-2003, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

Yo Billy, I see that there are People whom have looked but not responded! SUCKS!

While I am going Back a few, how much do you want to pay?

Most give engraved Mugs. wine glasses, etc! T-Shirts? Can only go so far! I am so far removed, I wear Polo Shirts not the others! Remember, I had a deal for Fraternityiy Broters on them!

Pen Sets, with lettering on them.

LXA or Cross and Cresent pins for lapels.?

Blankets/throw comfortors with Coat of Arms. Copies of the Coat of Arms Hanging on the wall Right Now done by Brother Jono!

Hand Painted!

Watch your Budget!!!!!

K Bro!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 02-13-2003, 07:02 PM
GreekChat Member

My undergraduate chapter has given away 16 or 32 oz cups withthe rush schedule printed on it, we got a bookstore to put their logo on the back and they covered the cost of it since they cant by state law give anythign out or solicit on campus. Only student groups can do so.

This past fall the undergraduates gave out bottles of water with the chapter logo (being a graphic artist and having worked in marketing, not only do we have a national identity (letters and COA) but we also have chapter stationary, and a logo.) Anyway, the water was in 16.9 oz sizes (.5 liter) and had the logo and schedule on it. They gave away a little more than a pallate (96 cases/ 24 per case) at dorm move in and the first two weeks of school. We didnt see a marked increase in number of men who rushed, but it was GREAT for PR. Come on, FREE water in South Texas, in AUGUST! Its like 120 here then. It went fast. It was awesome to walk around campus and see our letters, and logo EVERYWHERE. Everyone knew who we were. (Not that they didnt before) but it was cool seeing professors walk into a class, carrying your water, then lookign at the other greeks and seeign the looks on their faces. Even better, seeign the ATO's or Sig Eps at their rush tables drinkign our WATER.

Since my co. does the water thing (as part of the marketing firm), the undergrads got it at cost. So it was cool.
Old 02-13-2003, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Mooch279
HAHA i wish i could see their faces. when i was rushing an alumni donated what must have been a truck load of little bottles filled with paper clips that had contact info on them. these things were everywhere and still are everywhere almost every secratary on campus has them on his/her desk. they have become an on going joke in the chapter now and everytime i see them some where i cant help but laugh.

so we are trying to think of something better to use next year. back in the early 90's we gave out condoms and printed on the packaging it said play it safe rush Lambda Chi. someone had a connection somewhere which i have yet to track down but some day i will.

our student event board does the cup thing so im looking for something else that would really stand out, mostly for PR. man i wish we could find a way to do the condom thing again.
University of Maryland, Baltimore County '02
FD 279
Old 03-31-2003, 11:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sirboomLXA
Corbin Dallas

Hey, were you the guy they named Bruce Willis after in The 5th Element? Hehe!