GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,384
1 members and 2,383 guests
FSUZeta

Old 11-01-2004, 09:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Wabash Beta dies in car crash

From the Beta Theta Pi website:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Wabash's Champion Dies In Auto Accident
(Posted: 01-Nov-04)
Beta Theta Pi is sadden to learn that Ryan W. Champion, Wabash ’07, a sophomore from North Vernon, Indiana, was killed Friday night in a two-car accident on U.S. 231 south of Romney, Indiana.
Champion and his Beta Theta Pi pledge brother, Brandon Ehrie, were returning from having dinner in Lafayette when a northbound vehicle crossed the center line and crashed into Champion's car at 7:55 p.m., according to Tippecanoe County Sheriff's deputy Lt. Rick Blacker.

Champion was a biology major and spent the summer as an intern in the Wabash Financial Aid Office. He also worked as a student assistant in the Wabash College Admissions Office. Most recently he was cast in the Wabash Theater production of "1776."

Ehrie was injured in the accident. He was treated at St. Elizabeth's Hospital and kept overnight. He was released Saturday afternoon.

Funeral arrangements for Ryan Champion are pending. (Information on the Beta site will be updated as soon as arrangements are known.)

Expressions of sympathy can be emailed to beta@landrigan.com or sent to Chapter President William Goff, 513 West Wabash Avenue, Crawfordsville, Indiana 47933. They will be forwarded.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-02-2004, 02:19 PM
GreekChat Member

It's hard for me to know what to say about Ryan, because it feels so wrong that he's gone. The outpouring of love from his Beta Theta Pi brothers at his services was beautiful, both from his chapter brothers and the extended fraternity family.
Jessica
Old 11-02-2004, 06:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to erniegurl00 Send a message via Yahoo to erniegurl00
What a shame. I have close ties to Wabash and know the Betas to be a great group of gentlemen.

My thoughts and prayers go out to them.