GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen

Old 06-14-2015, 08:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Getting cut

Is it common for girls at Auburn to not receive bids? I am not looking to be in a particular chapter but I am wondering how difficult it is to get a bid.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Auburn has excellent placement rates. You can find that info for the last few years here if you do a search. IF you maximize your options, have good grades and activities, have a good reputation, get your recs in, AND keep an OPEN mind, you'll do fine.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:11 AM

The majority of participating PNMs do get bids. However, getting A bid is not the same as getting your first choice.

Lakers Nation.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:26 AM
Super Moderator

Auburn alumna speaking here:

Most girls I know of who went unbid dropped out because they didn't like their remaining choices. And for anyone reading this who's sure that "that girl" who dislikes her choices won't be you because you have such a great face, grades, and activities--sure it could be you. We've been stunned by who ended up in that boat.

Major recruitment tip: during the parties, try to find things you like about each group.
Old 06-20-2015, 03:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi,

Auburn alum here!

Is it "common" for girls to not receive a bid? No, I would not say it is common since the majority of girls participating will receive a bid. As mentioned above, some girls drop out once they are released from their favorite groups. Others will drop out because they simply had no intention to pledge (maybe they wanted to see what it was all about or meet people or move into the dorm early or whatever).

The best way to approach recruitment at Auburn is (1) get references (2) enjoy yourself and get to know the girls in each group -- all groups have great girls (3) be open-minded to all of the groups and (4) maximize your options every day.

Have fun and War Eagle!

Last edited by DallasMom; 06-21-2015 at 11:19 AM.