GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Delta Pi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,016
1 members and 1,015 guests
No Members online

Old 10-04-2004, 01:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Hometown: Vallejo, Moving to Sacramento in the fall
Send a message via AIM to PiLove Send a message via Yahoo to PiLove
New Jewel Degree Dangle

Here is the picture of the new Jewel Degree Dangle. Don't another one to add to your collection!

Last edited by PiLove; 10-04-2004 at 02:24 AM.
Old 10-04-2004, 02:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Hometown: Vallejo, Moving to Sacramento in the fall
Send a message via AIM to PiLove Send a message via Yahoo to PiLove
I don't know how to post a picture, if someone can PM me and tell me how I'd appreciate it.
Old 10-04-2004, 04:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Old 10-04-2004, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

I LOVE it!!! I want it!!!

Even more, I think there should be a special one for those who have gone back and GIVEN Jewel Degree, too!! We have such a hard time getting enough alumnae together to do it properly...!
Old 10-04-2004, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I am sooooooooo getting that!! And I agree Honey-- we get just enough alumnae for the delta's going through!!
Old 10-04-2004, 12:41 PM
GreekChat Member

That is cute!!!...yet another dangle to add to my long dangle wish list.

What did the old one look like?
Old 10-04-2004, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I believe they did not have one before...
Old 10-04-2004, 02:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nauadpi Send a message via Yahoo to nauadpi
There wasn't one before... I have added to the cart about 4 different times online, and have yet to purchase it... I really will one of these days...

And I really wish I knew what it was like to have enough alum their for jewel degre... when I went through there were only 2 alum there...

I am hoping to see it with more alums eventually...
Old 10-04-2004, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
I don't know WHERE I'm going to put this dangle, but I know I need to order this one AND the advisor one still!

Regarding Jewel Degree....when I went through it, I *think* we had enough alumnae there to conduct it, but when I gave Jewel Degree this past year, there weren't enough of us for each person to only concentrate on one thing (we actually did the ceremony in two shifts, so the girls who went through the first shift was able to help give the Jewel Degree during the second shift!)
Old 10-04-2004, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

When I went through Jewel Degree, the alumnae invited us to a Senior luncheon. Afterwards, they held JD, with each alum representing each part (we had a large alumnae association then, and they were all wearing the catsuits etc!). It was soooo cool, especially immediately afterwards, when the President of the AA told us that now we were alumnae, with the opportunity to serve ADPi through the AA, and by giving JD when possible. It was incredibly beautiful!!
Old 10-04-2004, 10:49 PM
GreekChat Member

If only dangles were a wee bit cheaper, life would be so much easier. I think it would be cute if the chapters gave these dangles out to their new alumnae, but that could get costly with big chapters.

When I went through Jewel Degree, we had to do the parts ourselves because the only alumnae that showed up was our chapter advisor. Things are harder when you're out in the sticks, people dont stick around after graduation and its hard to get the Pittsburgh/Cleveland alumn out in the middle of the week. When I helped USC and Cal State Fullerton with their Jewel Degrees last year, I was able to experience for what it was and see how it should have been performed.

Last edited by HBADPi; 10-04-2004 at 10:51 PM.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:06 PM
Super Moderator

I would love to see "mass Jewel Degrees", with the seniors from all schools within say, 50-100 miles invited. Then, it could be done right!

Barring that, there really HAS to be better communication between the alumnae & the chapter, some give & take as to when the ritual will be done. Lately, AI has been telling (a friend who shall remain nameless) that they WILL have JD on ___ day! Then, after there's been a mad scramble to get at least 6 alumnae there, the date is changed by the chapter!

This is obviously my one sour spot, and I so hope we can work this out to everybody's pleasure!

Could you imagine if we had HB & AI, maybe Akron and Mt. Union, too get together at a hotel around Grove City? We could really have a wonderful experience for everyone!!
Old 10-04-2004, 11:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by honeychile

Could you imagine if we had HB & AI, maybe Akron and Mt. Union, too get together at a hotel around Grove City? We could really have a wonderful experience for everyone!!
Don't forget Penn State! When our Senior Spirit chair was trying to set up our Jewel Degree with AI, I know she contacted our Penn State chapter as well.

It would be a great idea but I know the problem a lot of the seniors had was: we just spend 3-4 years as collegiates and did not once attempt to create bonds with these chapters so its useless to meet these girls now when we're all graduating and going our seperate ways. Of course, the networking would have been interesting and potential new friends in new cities could have been discovered for those relocated after graduation. The other problem was between finals and graduations it was hard to find a date that worked for all schools, its a difficult time of the year to plan things that's for sure.

Last edited by HBADPi; 10-04-2004 at 11:42 PM.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Don't forget Ashland either!!

We have our on Founder's Day!! This past year we were unable to though because Founder's Day was held alot earlier than usual. But this year it's back to Founder's Day-- this way we get all of the alum attending to show up a little early and participate!!
Old 10-05-2004, 12:00 PM
GreekChat Member

All this talk of Jewel Degree is making me totally jealous!!! My chapter Alums don't give this very often, but I'm so ready for it!
There are several girls that I graduated with that are all hoping to receive JD together----hopefully at our Alumnae Christmas Tea this coming December!
(my fingers are crossed....)