GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,642
0 members and 1,642 guests
No Members online

Old 03-31-2003, 09:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Delta Gift Ideas

Hello,
A close friend of mine has recently been initiated into DST. She has her probate in a day or two and I want to know what would be some good gift ideas? I'm not really concerned about where to get the "nalia" but moreso, what would a new member of DST want to have?

Last edited by Innocence22; 03-31-2003 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-31-2003, 09:43 AM
GreekChat Member

What does she like?

These are just suggestions as I prepare to celebrate 6 years in Delta on Saturday.

Delta t-shirts are always nice
Delta artwork
Delta figurines
Elephants
Old 03-31-2003, 11:10 AM
GreekChat Member

A friend of mine crossed last Spring and I wanted to give her something different. She decided to redo her ENTIRE room in Red/White (Crimson/Cream) so I bought her a directors chair with DST letters on it to go in her room ( www.collegecrib.com ). She liked it because it was different.
Old 03-31-2003, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I've always made gifts for sorors. I've made door placards and light switch covers with all of their info on there (DST symbols, chapter of initiation, individual line name, collective line name, number on line, and crossing semester). They're really easy to make and show that you cared enough to make them with your own hands. I just go to the craft shop and buy the wooden placards or light switch covers, crimson spray paint, white pearl iridescent craft paint, and anything else I may want to use to decorate. It's fun, too. I think these are good gifts because there are many sorors (especially neos ) that want to make a Delta room when they cross.
Old 04-03-2003, 03:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

I had a friend cross last year and I wanted to give her something different. I make gift baskets as a hobby. I figured new initiate would want nothing more than nalia. So, I shopped around and bought a few shirts, not t-shirts, but like, one red dkny tank top, a red dkny turtle neck, a cream turtle neck from banana republic etc, and I took them to a greek shop and had letters put on them. That way, NOBODY will have the same nalia that she has. I also filled the basket with other Delta nick-nacks, like candles, pencils, decals etc. She loved it. Too bad I don't have my basket business up and running yet. I'd love to give you a card. Good luck with shopping.
Old 04-04-2003, 11:37 AM
GreekChat Member

When my friend was initiated into Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc., I wanted to give her something that no one had. So I purchased a red and white camisole and matching panties from Victoria's Secret. I went to an embroider and had Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc. and all her information stitched at the corner of the camisole. She was so shocked and loved it. I don't think she even took it out of the box yet.
Old 04-04-2003, 11:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jll79
When my friend was initiated into Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc., I wanted to give her something that no one had. So I purchased a red and white camisole and matching panties from Victoria's Secret. I went to an embroider and had Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc. and all her information stitched at the corner of the camisole. She was so shocked and loved it. I don't think she even took it out of the box yet.
this would be an entry for the "inappropriate 'nalia" file
Old 04-04-2003, 12:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Why would you consider that gift inappropriate?
I could understand if it was the panty,but I put on the camisole so she can wear like a tank top with some sleep pants at sleep overs or whatever. I would like to know
Old 04-04-2003, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

our letters don't go on everything, ESPECIALLY NOT UNDERWEAR. it's a camisole & panty SET, meaning, in my mind, that they are meant to be worn as underwear.

which isn't to say that it's not a cute idea, because it is.

Last edited by 12dn94dst; 04-04-2003 at 01:38 PM.
Old 04-07-2003, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Dilemma

OK I have a little dilemma and I was hoping maybe one of the sisters, or anyone for that matter, could help me out.

There is a gentleman in my life and we have mutal attraction for one another. We were friends and now we are kinda in that beginning stage of becoming more (So I really gotta come up with something good). He recently became a member of a fraternity and I want to buy him a gift. What would be a nice crossing gift for a guy that shows that I put effort into this but he could appreciate as well? Right now my idea is the traditional paddle with all his info on it, which I think is cute but I wanted to know if anyone else had any suggestions that may be better.

Please help me out...thanks
Old 04-07-2003, 12:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Re: Dilemma

Quote:
Originally posted by 24play
OK I have a little dilemma and I was hoping maybe one of the sisters, or anyone for that matter, could help me out.

There is a gentleman in my life and we have mutal attraction for one another. We were friends and now we are kinda in that beginning stage of becoming more (So I really gotta come up with something good). He recently became a member of a fraternity and I want to buy him a gift. What would be a nice crossing gift for a guy that shows that I put effort into this but he could appreciate as well? Right now my idea is the traditional paddle with all his info on it, which I think is cute but I wanted to know if anyone else had any suggestions that may be better.

Please help me out...thanks
Okay, I am not positive what the rules are on use of letters for the D9, so I apologize if I suggest anything I shouldn't.

However, I would lean more towards something he would use than something he would hang on his wall. That said, how about one of the following:

pocket knife, engraved w/letters
zippo lighter, imprinted w/crest
money clip, engraved w/letters
cell phone holder, embroidered w/letters

(ETA an extra suggestion)
Old 04-07-2003, 01:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Photo Frame

What you can do is buy one of those photo frames that you can put several photos in (usually 8X10 or larger) with like at least 6 slots for pics. You can buy a plain one and decorate it by painting it in his fraternity colors and putting his line name and info on it. Then take photos of him and his LBs as well as his prophytes and put the pics in.

If I knew what frat, I might have more specific ideas.
Old 04-07-2003, 01:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank You so much for your suggestions.

It isn't a divine nine frat. It is Sigma Lambda Beta. So if that helps.

Thanks again
Old 04-11-2003, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I have settled on a gift. It is ordered and everything. It is *drum roll*..........

A pen set with his Letters, name, chapter, and year on the cover of the box

And his Line name and # on the pen. It is wood and I think it is cute. It says I cared eneought to personalized something for you but not so much that I'm open off u, u know?
Old 04-22-2003, 08:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking DST Gifts

I'm a Zeta & a dovely #5, so this is what I gave a friend of mine that crossed DST......

5 BLUE ELEPHANTS