GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,150
2 members and 1,148 guests
JayhawkAOII

Old 11-12-2001, 07:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up tell us more

by all means let us know how you ranked them, and also how does the rest of recruitment work at IU. it sounds like you had a ball. keep your heart open through all of this.
mmcat
Old 11-12-2001, 11:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ladyj39
Good Luck!

Hey Roxydiva!

I just wanted to wish you the best of luck during Rush! This is a very exciting time and I hope you find the house you feel the most comfortable in! You sound like you're having a blast! I can't wait to hear more!
Old 11-12-2001, 01:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to roxydiva
ok since everyone wants to know, heres my rankings!

1. alpha chi omega
2. kkg
3. GPhiB
4.alpha phi
5. AZD
6. ZTA
7.pi phi
8 DG
9 AOPi
10 DZ
11 KD
12 chi o
13 phi mu
14 ADPi
15 theta
16 DDD
17 AGD
18 AEPhi
19 SDT

and now, we sit tight and hang on. we did submit our rankings last night. i believe we dont even find out which 12 we go back to in january, because they wait for our grades. my understanding is that tons of girls dont come back in january because of grades. i guess thats IUs way of weeding through the TONS of girls that start recruitment! anyway. thats my understanding of how the process kinda works! crazy huh? i think so
roxydiva
Old 11-12-2001, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow, that IS crazy! I don't want to wait that long to find out where you go next!! So what happens if you see people from the various houses around campus before rush continues? Are you just not supposed to talk about rush?
Old 11-12-2001, 01:49 PM
GreekChat Member

valkyrie----i guess we just dont talk to them? i dont really know. we go home for thanksgiving next week, then when we get back thers only like 2 weeks left on campus, so personally for me its not too big of a deal. i really do hate the wait though!!!!!! hehe everyone be glad that youre schools ARENT like IU!

roxydiva
Old 11-12-2001, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Best of luck-sounds like you have nothing but wonderful chapters to choose from.
Old 11-13-2001, 01:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the great posts. I cannot believe you have to wait so long! Please keep us posted and have a great remainder of the semester.

Jen
Old 11-13-2001, 04:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Rush at IU

Hi everyone, and a special hi to Roxydiva--

I graduated from IU in 1997, so I can tell you a little bit about the process of Recruitment in Bloomington....

Roxy won't receive her regrets list until she returns to campus in January (one week before school begins). Then she will look at her regrets list, match it up with her order of preference list, and make her regrets.

Particularly because IU has this protracted Recruitment, the greek system is on one of the Strictest Silences around....you just can't go talking to PNMs or actives...it just isn't done. Infractions are costly to the chapters, so the actives try hard not to initiate conversation with PNMs, and as a PNM, you don't score any points by trying to get an active to speak to you...you just end up putting that active in a tricky/awkward situation, and that usually makes people think you're "desperate" or a "stalker."

The protracted Recruitment (though maddening) was meant to give PNMs a chance to really consider their decision carefully, not in the heat of the moment. It truly is gruelling (I went through it TWICE, so I know whereof I speak), but in the end, I think it is preferable to the wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am process that so many other campuses put their PNMs through. Just my opinion.

Roxydiva, you know I'm pulling for you!!!!

Panhellenically,

imsohappythatiama
Old 11-14-2001, 11:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Dejajeva
Thumbs up YAY for IU!

Good Luck ROxydiVa.

I'm in the Indiana University school system as well, only at the South Bend campus. I can't imagine rushing at a school which a greek life as big as it is down in bloomington. I'm contemplating doing an intercampus transfer, but I'm not sure because they don't have Phi Sig there and i love my GLo.

That must be completely maddening like she said...about having to wait so long to figure out where you'll end up!
lol

I think I'd die.
I couldn't harldy even make it through my first class on bid day here...

lol

Anyways, best of luck!
From one hoosier to another-

Jess
Old 11-14-2001, 01:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I can't believe you -and those of us reading this-have to wait so long! I would go crazy!!
Old 11-15-2001, 02:39 AM
GreekChat Member

As impatient as i am I would go crazy also. Good luck and I hope you get your first choice

Karen
Old 11-15-2001, 07:35 PM

Good luck - and be sure to let us know what happens in January
Old 01-01-2002, 02:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
OK ... the wait is almost over... from the IU recruitment web page, I believe that the 2nd round (12 events) start on Thursday. I think we're all waiting anxiously to hear where you're going. When do you hear?

Have fun and I hope you find your heart's home.
Old 01-01-2002, 06:11 PM
GreekChat Member

almost there!

AZ-alpha xi you are right!!!! i am going back down to bloomington tomorrow afternoon. i have a meeting with my rho chi at 9pm. 12 party starts thursday with 7 houses, and 5 more on friday. we dont find out which houses were going to until THURSDAY MORNING!!!!! how nerve racking is that?! you could get up early, get beautiful, then find out that no one, or no one you liked at all didnt invite you back! i just found that out when my rho chi called. she said that they (the rho chis) dont turn in the scantrons we filled out in november, til tomorrow. so panhel or whoever stays up all night matching, and returning lists to houses, and rho chis. so unless my very first house is close, and i can walk to it, i wont be able to update you guys until my lunch break on thursday. 12 party starts at 10am, and lunch is from 1:05-2:45, so if i dont post in the morning, expect a post sometime around then! it may be short, but ill write more that evening when i get back. hope everyone is doing well, and had a wonderful, happy, and safe holiday season! i cant wait to be able to FINALLY finish my rush story for you guys

roxydiva
Old 01-01-2002, 07:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MaryMayXO
Good luck! I can't wait to hear how it goes!!
Have fun!!