GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,431
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zsamuljunior205
» Online Users: 2,565
0 members and 2,565 guests
No Members online

Old 11-21-2014, 10:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Founding a new chapter

I am currently attending an out of state school and am initiated in a sorority that I absolutely love, but I'm not sure I can afford to attend my current university next year. My top school that I'm looking at doesn't have a chapter of my current sorority and I was wondering if it would be worth it to look into founding a new chapter, how much work it would be, what it would require, if it would be worth it to pursue this or if the chapter would even be established before I graduate. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with founding a new chapter and what their opinions are on the situation. I really love all my sisters, our philanthropies, the entire Greek life experience and I really don't want to lose that just because I can't afford the school where my original chapter is.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-21-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warnerb14 View Post
I am currently attending an out of state school and am initiated in a sorority that I absolutely love, but I'm not sure I can afford to attend my current university next year. My top school that I'm looking at doesn't have a chapter of my current sorority and I was wondering if it would be worth it to look into founding a new chapter, how much work it would be, what it would require, if it would be worth it to pursue this or if the chapter would even be established before I graduate. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with founding a new chapter and what their opinions are on the situation. I really love all my sisters, our philanthropies, the entire Greek life experience and I really don't want to lose that just because I can't afford the school where my original chapter is.

It really doesn't work this way. Your new campus would need to be open for extension for a new sorority to colonize. After that, there is an established procedure for selecting a new group. There are exceptions to this procedure, but they are few and far between.

I transferred as an undergrad and had to take early alumna status. I know how you feel.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:51 AM
GreekChat Member

https://www.npcwomen.org/college-pan...sion-info.aspx