GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,454
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, nathnpetrovo648
» Online Users: 1,529
1 members and 1,528 guests
No Members online

Old 09-30-2003, 12:44 AM
GreekChat Member

I found a sister somewhere I didn't expect!

I stood up in my roomie's wedding this weekend and we found out one of the ladies who worked at the arboretum where the wedding was held is a Gamma Phi Beta from the Epsilon chapter, PC '62. It was awesome!!! We took pictures with her and she wished the bride tons of luck.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-30-2003, 11:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Not my letters, but I noticed one of the "singles" on Temptation Island (my husband calls it "STD Island", but he's the one that watches it) was an Omega Psi Phi.

Funny story: Two of my little 5' girlfriends were walking through a quad area on campus at night one of their first days at college. They were suddenly surrounded by a bunch of big guys in Omega Psi Phi sweatshirts, made to get up on a bench, and sing along with Omega Psi Phi songs. When they got back to the dorm, they described their "kidnapping," and had us all laughing so hard we were crying. Ever since, I never see those letters without smiling.
Old 09-30-2003, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to kateshort Send a message via AIM to kateshort Send a message via Yahoo to kateshort
Driving west on I-88 yesterday on my way to work, I was passed just before the Orchard Rd. (North Aurora) exit--- a GO GREEK car with ADPi letters on it!

I honked, but they were going too fast for me to catch up. :P
Old 09-30-2003, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Just got back from dinner with my friends at Ruby Tuesday's and there was an old SAE paddle hanging there.
Old 10-17-2003, 11:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Another SAE letters sighting--

I was watching TRL and they showed the audience's reaction to a screening of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (it was hilarious), but anyway they interviewed people afterward, and one of the guys was wearing a t-shirt that had SAE in greek letters on the top left hand side.
Old 10-18-2003, 12:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SniffDNZ098
Quote:
Originally posted by AlphaXiAsh
someone said about never seeing letters in the bay area...thats very true, I'm from the bay area and I'm home for a break. I went to the movies the other night and there was a girl wearing an AXO sweatshirt...I got excited because I thats the first time I've seen anyone wearing letters in all of my 18 years living here...

anyhoo as far as my own suprise...I didn't tell my mom when i joined alpha xi because I knew she wouldn't be happy about it, but she found out when the Quill (our National magazine) was sent home. I went home for a weekend and saw a Alpha Xi magnet on the fridge and thought I was in the wrong house for a minute...apparently she warmed up to me being in a sorority.
While back in the bay Area. I went to a couple of A's baseball games and saw a DG and a Sigma Kappa. In my building where I worked, I saw an Alpha Phi Alpha

I have found out though that 3 of my hs classmates went AXO, ones a Pike, and 2 Lambda Chi's (including myself)

I told my mom about the fratenrity and she was way cool with it.
Old 10-18-2003, 01:24 AM
GreekChat Member

some of the carved wood trim in our chapel on campus looks like it says Chi Omega.
(can you tell how bored I was during part of chapel choir rehearsal on Thursday? lol)
Old 10-18-2003, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Today on MTV's "Made", some guy was trying to be made into a dancer... I wasn't really watching it and caught it in the middle, but he kept mentioning his fraternity. The show interviewed his brothers too... anyone catch what fraternity?
Old 10-18-2003, 10:02 PM
GreekChat Member

I think it was Lambda Chi Alpha.......
Old 10-18-2003, 10:28 PM

I had on my letter sweatshirt at a Lima Bean Festival (hehe, theres not much to do at shore towns in the fall/winter) and a woman I was buying stuff from looked at me and said, "is that tri delta?" and i told her it was, and she told me to stand there. Well, she comes back with her daughter who slips me the handshake!! how excited was i!! it was the first time it ever happend to me!!

also spotted on mtv- during roomraiders, one of the guys had a ZBT paddle on the wall.
Old 10-18-2003, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh yeah, that reminded me-- on Room Raiders, a guy found a girl's shirt that said KAPPA on it... and he was like ah we've got a Kappa Kappa Gamma girl... she ended up not getting picked.
Old 10-19-2003, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to alphaiota Send a message via Yahoo to alphaiota
yeah, on made last night they showed U of Tenn Chatanooga chapters of chi omega and SIGMA KAPPA! (gee, guess which one i am ) They actually showed Sigma Kappa letters (and some sisters) like three times. I was very happy.

shelley j
sigma k
Old 10-19-2003, 01:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to alphaiota Send a message via Yahoo to alphaiota
most likely nationals.
Old 10-19-2003, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Kappa letters

On MTV's Room Raiders (the one with Jessica and Nick) one if the girls who had her room "raided" was a Kappa Kappa Gamma!
Old 10-19-2003, 06:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I bought a little fall figurine. The man had a Delta Delta (triangle triangle) on the front of his shirt. I was going to send to it AGD's Delta Delta Chapter at U of Oregon, but unfortunately it closed.