GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Social

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,694
1 members and 1,693 guests
flamboyanttree

Old 10-08-2015, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I live in Morgantown, WV. WVU is only a "party school" because it's relatively isolated. There is literally nothing beyond the city limits, so all the partying is contained in a small area. Pittsburgh, for example, does not have this problems because of the number of schools in the same area and the relative ease of getting across town. So do not place much weight on WVU being party-hards.
Old 10-08-2015, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3StringedLyre View Post
I live in Morgantown, WV. WVU is only a "party school" because it's relatively isolated. There is literally nothing beyond the city limits, so all the partying is contained in a small area. Pittsburgh, for example, does not have this problems because of the number of schools in the same area and the relative ease of getting across town. So do not place much weight on WVU being party-hards.
My alma mater, UMaine, made the list in 2012 and I can say the same thing. The school is in an isolated area in the middle of Maine and there is literally nothing else to do there except party. When I was there, except for the Bear's Den, bars were off-campus and required a car, so the fraternity parties were the thing to do on the weekend.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:38 PM

That's probably also how Bucknell got on here.