GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,457
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, ER_Pike

Old 08-09-2002, 09:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaKittyCat
The two that matter to me are...

Most Gentlemanly: Without question, FKT. To paraphrase another poster, I could be a total stranger to all of them and walk into their house completely drunk, begin stripping and demanding sex, and they would take me to a quiet room, cover me with a blanket, and make sure I was okay and nobody bothered me. These guys always walk girls home, not 'cuz we need it but 'cuz we always come over to see them and it's polite. They're polite and respectful to everyone.

Most Fun: Again I'd have to say FKT, but I'm definitely biased because all of my friends are in that house. However, I can say without prejudice that they do have the best parties. Also, there's always somebody there who'll talk to you, even if they don't really know you. I'd guess that BQP is a close second, just 'cuz there's always somebody you know and/or something going on in that house.

And now the other stats...

Most Attractive: All 5 fraternities have a broad range of appearances. I can't really rank them on that basis.

Most Athletic: Generally speaking, DTD is hockey players, FDQ is wrestling/football, and FKT and BQP split the rest of the athletes.

Most Poorly Behaved: DTD, and not just the cute-little-fraternity-prank or petty-alcohol/drug-violation kind of trouble, either. We're talking the big-fire-in-the-house, large-scale-illegal-stuff and guys-the-RAs-warn-freshman-girls-about kind of trouble. Not to say that individually they aren't nice guys or that they're all bad. I'm friends with quite a few of them. But on the whole, well... I'm going to be a senior, and this particular organization has been on campus probation for all but 8 weeks of my time as a student there (and no, I'm not a transfer). Several of the biggest troublemakers here have graduated, so hopefully that will change for this coming year.

Best Behaved: FKT... only ones who haven't had even a minor house fire in the past 20 years, and nobody remembers the last time they were on campus probation.

Best Grades: I think that BQP won the Fraternity Cup this year and last year, but they're also the biggest, so they have the most to work with. I know I can always find help with my homework in any house.

Most Influential: With the administration, it's probably FKT, but with the students I'd say it's BQP. Again, they're the biggest, so they have the largest circulation in the student body.

In case you couldn't tell, my favorites are definitely the Gentlemen of FKT. See the top two categories for the reasons why. I love my Phi Tau boys!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-09-2002, 09:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AGDPrincess70
Katey I'm gonna have to disagree with you some here...

*Hottest guys: Sig Ep and Sig Nu

*Most gentlemanly and nicest: Delts and Sig Eps

*Most fun to party with: Delts, Arm of Honor, and Kappa Phi Alpha (a local)

*Most athletic: Sig Ep or Tekes

*Most well behaved: Sig Ep or Delts

*Most likely to get in trouble: Arms (are they local?? I have no idea where they came from)

*Best Grades: I don't know...delts?

*Best House: I really like the Lambda Chi house...it just feels kinda homey whenever I go over there

*Best overall: I love my Delt boys and my Lambda Chis best, so I guess I'm kinda biased.
Old 08-09-2002, 11:02 PM
GreekChat Member

At Akron U:

*Hottest guys: FIJI, TKE

*Most gentlemanly and nicest: FIJI, Theta Chi

*Most fun to party with: TKE, Lambda Chi

*Most athletic: TKE, Lambda Chi, FIJI, Sigma Nu.....they all rank up there. Every sport is won by one of these fraternities....TKE = Flag Football, Lambda Chi = Softball, Tug-O-War (Greek Week), FIJI = Basketball, Sigma Nu = Volleyball, plus half of their brothers are cheerleaders.

*Most well behaved: ummm.....well.....its hard to say considering they all do something or other to get themselves in trouble

*Most likely to get in trouble: TKE (cause they love to be defiant), Lambda Chi (cause they love to follow in TKEs footsteps...) FIR HILL PRIDE!!!

*Best Grades: FIJI and Phi Delta Theta

*Best House: Phi Delta Theta....cause they have tons of rich alumni that don't have anything better to do with their money than to spend it on their house.....(however got to love one of their alumni cause he gives us money too!!! Yea for Paul Martin!!....his wife was a DG!)

*Best overall: FIJI, Lambda Chi. The men of Sigma Nu and Phi Sigma Kappa are sweethearts but they're also the quiet ones...don't stir up too much commotion on campus.
Old 08-09-2002, 11:19 PM
GreekChat Member

*Hottest - ZBT
*Gentlemanly - TEP, Delta Sig
*Most fun - Sigma Pi
*Most likely to get into trouble - TKE or Sigma Pi
*Most athletic - ZBT, and Phi Kappa Sigma
Old 08-10-2002, 10:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
At Virginia Commonwealth Univ.:

Hottest: PKF
Gentlemanly: AKL
Most fun: DC
Most trouble: QDC
Most athletic: QC
Old 08-10-2002, 12:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Katey Alpha Gam Send a message via AIM to Katey Alpha Gam Send a message via Yahoo to Katey Alpha Gam
Quote:
Originally posted by AGDPrincess70
Katey I'm gonna have to disagree with you some here...

*Hottest guys: Sig Ep and Sig Nu

*Most gentlemanly and nicest: Delts and Sig Eps

*Most fun to party with: Delts, Arm of Honor, and Kappa Phi Alpha (a local)

*Most athletic: Sig Ep or Tekes

*Most well behaved: Sig Ep or Delts

*Most likely to get in trouble: Arms (are they local?? I have no idea where they came from)

*Best Grades: I don't know...delts?

*Best House: I really like the Lambda Chi house...it just feels kinda homey whenever I go over there

*Best overall: I love my Delt boys and my Lambda Chis best, so I guess I'm kinda biased.
No problem with a little disagreement, that's what makes our chapter the best b/c we don't all love or hate the same houses. See I didn't pick Lambda Chi for anything b/c they are nice, but I just don't know them or get along with them half as well as my Sig Eps and Sig Nus and Phi Sig Kappa guys. I also have a big black spot for Arms. They have rubbed me the wrong way since freshman year, I think it's the old, fat, and bald thing

Arm of Honor is a local. Don't you remember that sign on their house "The oldest active local fraternity in the US" I think they tried to colonize @ UofM and a couple other campuses around and it didn't work, but that was a very long time ago.
Old 08-10-2002, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

U.C. San Diego

Hottest Guys: Delta Sig, SAE, PIKE

Most Gentlemanly: Sig Ep, Sigma Chi

Most Fun to Party with: SAE, TKE, Delta Sig

Most Athletic: Sigma Chi, PIKE, Delta Sig

Most well behaved: Sammy, Sig Ep, AEPi

Most likely to get in trouble: SAE, Sigma Nu, TKE

Best Grades: AEPi, Sigma Chi

Best House: Sigma Chi

Best Overall: Hard to say, but my Dad was a Phi Psi and I adore him with all my heart, so I would have to say Phi Psi is the best overall!!!!!!!
Old 08-11-2002, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

2nd Post on this

This f'in sucks. We were on there once and it was for most well-behaved. WHat the hell is that Xi's? I've never been more disappointed in my brothers.

Do I sound bitter?

haha

I think our house would win the stupidest! Where's the categoriy for that?
Old 08-11-2002, 08:45 PM
GreekChat Member

UW Guys

At the University of Washington:

Hottest Guys: Pretty much every house has some really attractive guys--I am partial to Pi Kapps and DU's and Sig Eps

Most Gentlemanly: Pi Kapp

Most Fun to Party with: DU's and Pikes

Most Athletic: I see Betas working out really often at our IMA

Most well behaved: This is a tough question--I rarely hear about incidents at Kappa Sigs or Kappa Alpha Order (both very small chapters) or DU's or Pi Kapps

Most likely to get in trouble: Theta Chi (I think "Gamma Phi Up All Night" says it all) or Sigma Chi

Best Grades: AEPi

Best House: I really like Psi U's house--had a great late night house tour once

Best Overall: I'm going with DU's

and according to one of the girls in my house (my grandbig, in fact), Theta Xi is the house that is the most into extreme sports/random pranks--I heard that they have a guy who climbs walls and buildings for fun
Old 08-11-2002, 10:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Is it just me or do alot of people mess up with the whole THeta Xi - Theta Chi thing?
Old 08-11-2002, 11:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Theta Xi

I always heard Theta Xi was great at University of Illinois. Old chapter; famous alumni; impressive house.
Old 08-12-2002, 01:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to HeavenslilAngel Send a message via AIM to HeavenslilAngel Send a message via Yahoo to HeavenslilAngel
I like Theta Chi a lot. Our chapter is really close with them and everyone I have met has been cool. I know and like a couple of tke's too. Thats about all.
Old 08-13-2002, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
Hottest: just about every house has some really hot guys but probably Delts

Most Gentlemanly: Theta Chi

Most Fun to Party with: Phi Kap, Theta Chi, Phi Delt

Most Athletic: Beta or FIJI

Best all round: Theta Chi (our chapters have been friends for at least 15 years and we love 'em!)
Old 08-13-2002, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by OUlioness01
Hottest: just about every house has some really hot guys but probably Delts
Hey, thanks Lioness -- I only wish they were the most gentlemanly also!

Looking forward to getting back to Athens for Homecoming in a couple of months.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 08-14-2002, 12:59 AM
GreekChat Member

At my school I am going to have to say that my favorite is Sig Ep, to me the totally represent what fraternity is about... I met them as a pledge and now as a senior some of my closest friends that are in that house... KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!