GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,496
0 members and 1,496 guests
No Members online

Old 10-12-2010, 03:19 PM
GreekChat Member

If I was kicked out of a pledge class, can I rush other fraternities?

So long story short, last weekend during pre-game for a football game at my school, I had a little bit too much to drink, threw up a couple times, and broke a toilet. Because of this my bid was withdrawn, and i am no longer part of the pledge class. My question is, can I rush other fraternities in the Winter/Spring, or I am pretty much screwed.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:21 PM
GreekChat Member

If you weren't initiated then you are allowed to pledge at another fraternity. That being said, depending on the size of the Greek community, you might be screwed anyway.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:28 PM
GreekChat Member

It may depend on how you broke the toilet. Is it just a plumbing issue or did you break the porcelain?
Old 10-12-2010, 03:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Psi U: It's a pretty big school with a huge greek community, plus the fraternity I was pledging at was pretty small and relatively new on campus.
Senusret: I broke the tank cover, which was porcelain, but everything else on the toilet I think works fine, and I did pay them back for it.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
It may depend on how you broke the toilet. Is it just a plumbing issue or did you break the porcelain?
Quote:
Originally Posted by browns321 View Post
Senusret: I broke the tank cover, which was porcelain, but everything else on the toilet I think works fine, and I did pay them back for it.
I'm really sorry, but this is a major LOLWTFBBQ moment for me.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:46 PM
GreekChat Member

You might get lucky. However keep in mind if the story spreads, you might have no real chance. I hope you take this as a life lesson to better control yourself while drinking.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:48 PM
GreekChat Member

So you acted like a freshman, got hammered, barfed a few times, and tore up something (which you paid back). Jeez, if doing that warranted depledging, my pledge class would have been a person of 1 instead of 30. (LOL)
Old 10-12-2010, 03:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by itb2a View Post
So you acted like a freshman, got hammered, barfed a few times, and tore up something (which you paid back). Jeez, if doing that warranted depledging, my pledge class would have been a person of 1 instead of 30. (LOL)
No kidding. They just booted you? There was no conversation with your big bro or the pledgemaster or anything?
Old 10-12-2010, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
OMFG

Old 10-12-2010, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Maybe he broke the toilet while hooking up with the pledgemaster's gf in the bathroom?
Old 10-12-2010, 04:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
No kidding. They just booted you? There was no conversation with your big bro or the pledgemaster or anything?
RM issue if he's underage.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
RM issue if he's underage.
All jokes aside, if this is a new fraternity on campus they may feel that they can't get away with this type of stuff.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, we hadn't exactly gotten to the big brother part of pledging yet, but the kid who I'm pretty sure was going to be my big-bro said, and several others who were there (while I was still drunk, so I don't remember the details) said something to the affect of everyone deserves a second chance, and then proceeded to tell me stuff pledges and brothers had done in the past, including breaking doors, punching holes in walls, and lighting up a joint in the middle of a night club, so idk. But other than that, I had no real conversation with anyone, other than a phone call the next day telling me my bid was withdrawn. And what does RM mean?
Old 10-12-2010, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by browns321 View Post
Well, we hadn't exactly gotten to the big brother part of pledging yet, but the kid who I'm pretty sure was going to be my big-bro said, and several others who were there (while I was still drunk, so I don't remember the details) something to the affect of everyone deserves a second chance, and then proceeded to tell me stuff pledges and brothers had done in the past, including breaking doors, punching holes in walls, and lighting up a joint in the middle of a night club, so idk. But other than that, I had no real conversation with anyone, other than a phone call the next day telling me my bid was withdrawn. And what does RM mean?
RM = Risk Management.

You don't have a lot of time to showcase yourself during pledging, so they can only 'figure you out' based on your actions up to that point. You might have come off as "the guy who broke our toilet because he can't handle his alcohol. He's going to cause problems in the future."

Old 10-12-2010, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itb2a View Post
No kidding. Yeah, breaking the toilet is over the top but a freshman having a bad night isn't exactly breaking news.

OP, you are allowed to re-rush, just keep your nose clean from now on. You've learned your limit, so don't go past it again. Hopefully other fraternities will then assume it was a freshman mistake, and you've learned your lesson.

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five."
Groucho Marx