GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,387
0 members and 1,387 guests
No Members online

Old 08-22-2008, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

My daughter finished rush this past Sunday at Alabama and she is STILL tired. She called me last night and said she was going to bed at 9:30!! That is not like her at all but I guess she is still feeling the emotional and physical toll of a very intense rush.

Good luck to your daughter. I can't wait to see where she pledges. It sounds like she still has some very good options available.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck to your daughter! I can't wait to hear more!
Old 08-22-2008, 09:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Tell her to hang in there. I know she's exhausted, as a mom, I know you are too. Sounds like she has some great opportunities. Tonight is pref night, it will be quite emotional and bid day will be pure adrenaline. I'm wishing her the best of luck and hope she finds a sisterhood she loves.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Bluebonnet mom, I talked to some moms last night, and have heard that the cuts have been beyond rough! So, your daughter having choices is really good.

I know of a couple of girls who are down to one house - which they are happy for. A few have dropped out because they were unhappy with their choices, and decided it wasn't for them. And, a couple who were dropped by every house!!!

I hope so much that your daughter ends up in a home where she will find wonderful friends!!
Old 08-22-2008, 03:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Holding My Breath too!!

I believe my daughter is at the same university as yours! Just waiting till she calls to let me know which sorority she pledged and what kind of flowers to send!! I think she is way calmer than I am. Best of luck to your daughter.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Can't wait! Best of luck to all !
Old 08-22-2008, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

My thread is having to play catch up due to missed calls and next day calls from my daughter, plus the whole work thing is really putting a crimp in this thread too! Well, she got two invitations back to pref night out of a possible 3 parties They were:

Cowgirl
Stagecoach

To say she was shocked is an understatement. She really thought Pecan would be the one. This threw her in a tailspin, but she had to get ready for the night's events and didn't have a whole lot of time to think about it. This is how the night went:

Cowgirl - This is the house that rushed her really hard at skit night. Although the evening was special, she was paired with a member who didn't seem terribly interested in her (or at least that's her take on it) She's really confused as to why this would happen at such a late date and doesn't know what to think. She's bothered so much because she really likes some of the girls here.

Stagecoach - This is the house she did not want to return to. She was actually pleasantly surprised here, but she knows in her heart that this is not where she wants to be.

So my daughter decided to suicide for Cowgirl. Although she’s still having doubts about Cowgirl as well because of her rusher’s attitude. I can't say that I'm surprised - I said at the outset that she wouldn't pledge a house just to wear Greek letters. Today is bid day, and before much longer we will know how this all ends! I'm just on pins and needles about this whole experience. Tonight will be a well earned rest.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gphiangel624
I hope for the best for your daughter. It may help to remind her that she's really only had an opportunity to spend a few hours (and that's being optimistic) with the women in these organizations and first impressions are not always everything.

Excited to hear how it ends!
GreekChat Member

Good luck to your daughter (and you)!!! I hope she finds a wonderful home!!
GreekChat Member

Good luck to your daughter! I'm rooting for her!

LET'S GO BIG RED!
Let me teach you how to Bucky!
Old 08-22-2008, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm biting my nails ... I can only imagine what you are going through! Good luck.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Crossing my fingers!
Old 08-22-2008, 05:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck to your daughter. I'm anxious to hear where she ends up - and what school she is attending.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Can't wait to hear the results! Go BluebonnetDaughter!
Old 08-22-2008, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Now I can breathe again!

Bids are out and
I hope Bluebonnet Mom and Daughter have gotten the results and post soon!!

My daughter is thrilled to be a ...

KAPPA DELTA!!!

and so is mom since now I can call her my daughter and my sister!!
Love in AOT!!!!