GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,519
2 members and 2,517 guests
baangelasteaxdy, JayhawkAOII

Old 09-27-2009, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

University of Houston

My cousin is most likely transferring into either UH or Texas State from up north to be closer to her family (they moved to the woodlands) and she wants to rush. I know a little about Texas State and she met a few of my sorority friends over the summer but I know nothing about UH. Does UH typically hold spring rush? Also is it pretty competitive in general? She's a junior now and will be a senior next fall. She is wanting to wait till the fall because she'll have two years till she graduates so she is thinking this will help her but I'm not so sure. Ya'll gave me great advice so I would love to pass some on to her!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-27-2009, 07:24 PM

I'm pretty sure that Houston has fall recruitment.

Lakers Nation.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:13 PM
GreekChat Member

UH has 6 groups: DG, AChiO, ZTA, DZ, ChiO & Phi Mu. Recruitment is in the Fall and is complete for this year, however, there should be groups that are not at total who will have COB. Quota this year was 15 and my group took quota (& is over chapter total), but I do not know about the other groups. I would not consider UH's recruitment competitive, however, I'm pretty sure that junior/senior PNM's are still the exception and not the rule. All the chapters (plus some of the fraternities) are housed in townhouses just a couple of blocks from campus. They are less than 10 years old and quite nice. You can check out the Panhellenic web site here: http://uhgreeks.theginsystem.com/

On a really high note, UH is now ranked #12 in the AP college football rankings after beating Texas Tech last night!
Old 09-28-2009, 10:32 PM
GreekChat Member

UHDEEGEE and KSUViolet06,

Thank you for the replies. I've sent her links to the stickies and this thread. It is a little early but she wants to be prepared.

That's awesome about UH's football standing! I heard it was a nerve racking last few minutes! Did you get to see the game?
Old 09-29-2009, 12:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Yes, very nerve racking, but exciting. UH won 29-28 in the last minutes of the game. We had the option of tickets, but elected to watch from home. In my era, UH played in the wonderfully air-conditioned Astrodome!